Volcano Tsunami in Indonesia, may have been from Krakatoa eruptions

AUS-97HORN

(CNN)  A tsunami that hit Pandeglang, Serang and South Lampung, Indonesia, Saturday night, killed at least 62 people and injured at least 548, Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, head of public relations at Indonesia's National Disaster Mitigation Agency, said on television.

7 hours ago, achooloco said:

So... people knew a volcano erupted and just didn’t think a tsunami possible or saw volcano and no official said watch the fuck out so they did nothing? Mind bottling 

I don’t know if people were aware the volcano erupted or of the resulting underwater landslide.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  We’re fucked.   It’s gonna have another major eruption and we’ll learn to forget what warm sunny days are like for about 2 years 

That kind of vulcanism happens, and the world economy will return to the days of 12th c. Europe overnight, complete with rat biting fleas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  We’re fucked.   It’s gonna have another major eruption and we’ll learn to forget what warm sunny days are like for about 2 years 

Well I have been maximizing my Carbon emissions as preparation to counter this!  You are all welcome!

Does AIO stand for Amateur Inadequate Optics? 

Why can't the tards always taping shit on their phones bother to get better at it. The camera person (being generous here) tilts up to look at the smoke when the interesting action is in the caldera. The whole mountain might explode and we're looking at the column of smoke and ash. 

HardThreadbareBalloonfish-max-1mb.gif

No donation for you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, South Austin said:

Read that at least one member of that band has been confirmed dead.

6 hours ago, msbesq said:

Most of the band is now confirmed dead or missing.

It's in the BBC link in the OP

In a tearful Instagram video, singer Riefian Fajarsyah said the band's bassist and road manager had died, and three other band members and his own wife were missing.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Dale Bozzio's best work, I contend, was still as "Mary" on Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage". With leather.

Lulz. I hadn't thought of that album in years, but thanks to wonders of Spotify, I gave it a run through a couple of weeks ago. Didnt hold up all that well. 

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

nature is pretty metal.  there is no need for lightning effects to be added, but they added them anyway.

Actually, lightning strikes are pretty common features of volcanic activity. Lots of static created by that concentrated a discharge of heat through several layers of air. Plenty of air rubbing against differently heated columns of air.

Actually, lightning strikes are pretty common features of volcanic activity. Lots of static created by that concentrated a discharge of heat through several layers of air. Plenty of air rubbing against differently heated columns of air.

Say it again, slowly....

On 12/23/2018 at 9:15 AM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I don't think there is enough left of krakatoa for that to happen.

You're right that the island/above-ground-volcano isn't as large as it was in 1880 when it blew apart, but isn't the majority of lava/ash/sulphur/whatever underground?  Could the current Anak Krakatoa erupt at the same level as it did in 1880?