Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal has formally requested President Donald Trump's tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service, likely launching a battle with the administration that could stretch months or even years in the courts and could shed light on the President's finances.

In a letter to the IRS sent Wednesday and first obtained by CNN, Neal cites a little known IRS code in his request for six years of Trump's personal tax returns from 2013 to 2018. He also requested the tax returns of eight of Trump's business entities, a nod to escalating pressure from liberals in the caucus who have argued that Trump's personal returns wouldn't sufficiently paint a picture of the President's financial history.

Edited by Jive Turkey

so he just replied to the request claiming (once again) that he won't release them because he's (still) under audit.

wasn't today's request directed to the irs?  i understand that they're a govt entity, but does trump have the authority to just tell them not to release anything?  michael cohen said he didn't think trump was under audit.  can the irs at least confirm/deny this?

i could give a fuck about a smoking gun from mueller, but his finances are very interesting to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

so he just replied to the request claiming (once again) that he won't release them because he's (still) under audit.

wasn't today's request directed to the irs?  i understand that they're a govt entity, but does trump have the authority to just tell them not to release anything?  michael cohen said he didn't think trump was under audit.  can the irs at least confirm/deny this?

i could give a fuck about a smoking gun from mueller, but his finances are very interesting to me.

Smocking gun is the preferred nomenclature.  Smocking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

Just heard an interesting point made on the news that six years from the date of filing is the statute of limitations for tax fraud, so it may be meaningful that they're asking for six years specifically. Also, since congress is making the request under statutory powers it really takes away any mechanism that trump has to resist this request. It's gonna go to the courts, and there's not much trump can do about it.

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Just heard an interesting point made on the news that six years from the date of filing is the statute of limitations for tax fraud, so it may be meaningful that they're asking for six years specifically. Also, since congress is making the request under statutory powers it really takes away any mechanism that trump has to resist this request. It's gonna go to the courts, and there's not much trump can do about it.

Ha, love it when people say things like this. The auto response is always.... 

• Like 1

I know there is a lot of hand wringing about Trump refusing to leave office, but I see him taking another angle.

He'll leave office, ranting and raving, in fact holding a campaign rally in Suckatoon Idaho or some other piece of shit nowheresville with a 5,000 seat civic center full of hayseeds and imbeciles. And he'll rile them all up on the day after the election about how rigged and unfair and blah blah blah. And the national media will of course beam it across the world. And that is where things to me seem more dangerous than if he were just to lock himself up in the WH and refuse to come out.

Edited by TornACL

He will resign, have Pence give him a Nixon style blanket pardon and retire abroad where he will tweet about Hillary’s missing emails and phantom caravans.  

Sadly, he will still have significant influence among his cult following in the Republican Party. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Really?  Democrats have spent the last three years trying to overthrow an election in which their candidate lost and we are worried about what Trump would do if he loses an election?  I know one thing he won't do--lead a movement to abolish the electoral college.

Here you go, you fucking dumbass.  

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/26/trump-electoral-college-popular-vote-555148

President Donald Trump on Thursday voiced support for doing away with the Electoral College for presidential elections in favor of a popular vote because the latter would be “much easier to win.”

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Really?  Democrats have spent the last three years trying to overthrow an election in which their candidate lost and we are worried about what Trump would do if he loses an election?  I know one thing he won't do--lead a movement to abolish the electoral college.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Ouch.  Come on shit for brains, you should already know there's a tweet for every occasion...although some are deleted.  Nice try trumptard. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

A collision course between The Kush and Stephen Miller is just going to be a slap fight with a mess of hair gel, torn Vineyard Vines, Sperrys, and molted pasty white skin left behind as forensic evidence.

Sounds like a pussy WWII fight. 

14 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Typical Trump voter?

It's like that poll from some years ago that showed that those who watched primarily/only FOX "News" were less informed than those who watched nothing at all.

15 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

You're....not smart. 

It's so weird that the Rs think that the only reason Ds care about Russia is because Hillary lost.  They act like we thought she was our savior or some such.  I guess it makes sense because they DO think of the dotard as their savior, so it must be the same on the other side too.  If pretty much any other R had won, the reaction would not be nearly as severe, he just happens to be the absolute most horrifying president in our history.  For them to chalk it all up to "Dems are just sore losers" is just such childish and simple thinking not based in any reality.

• Like 5