Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

I don’t think he’ll pull a Branch Davidian stand-off or anything.

But I could absolutely see him ignoring all past protocol and history and refusing to participate in the usual Inauguration Day pomp and circumstance.

He will totally skip the unity breakfast and greeting the new first family at the White House and probably skip the swearing in of the new president and hold a rally in some holler in West Virginia at the same time as a fuck you.

I can’t see him staying for the simple fact that he would eventually be removed by law enforcement/military. If he loses, my bet is he’s on a plane out of the country long before inauguration day

It will be worse than that. He blew off the attempts by the outgoing administration to advise and help with the transition. There is no way he would ever act like a responsible statesman and offer the incoming administration any help in any way. If anything, he'll leave land mines. 

What possible advice could he give? Show them where all the toilets are and how to use the TV remote?
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

What possible advice could he give? Show them where all the toilets are and how to use the TV remote?

Assuming the EPA still exists at the time, those shitters will likely be declared Superfund sites. No way I'm hopping on one of those.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Assuming the EPA still exists at the time, those shitters will likely be declared Superfund sites. No way I'm hopping on one of those.

At this point, trump refusing to leave and having to bring in Janet Reno to burn down the white house is the only way to cleanse the place 

On 8/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, RomaVicta said:

Ratings. It's all he measures everything by.

TV ratings. Polls. Attendance. It's all ratings. The narcissist's measure of love and worth.

I do hope enough shame piles up on him that he actually feels it one day. The amount would have to be colossal.

I sort of agree, but I don't think the relative numbers matter to Trump.  If 5% love him, that's enough to tune out the 95% that loathe him.  The magnitude of the support of that minority is all that matters.  If he can max out the capacity of a Golden Corral with people chanting "MAGA!" and "Send them back!", its all he needs to remain 100% convinced that America loves him and that he's doing right by America.  And that won't go away when he leaves office.  Get ready for the 35% that is American Aggy to adulate him more than they did Ronald Reagan.

Our President's base is his echo chamber and vice versa.  Their relationship is a symbiotic orgy of pride, envy, lust, gluttony, wrath, greed and sloth that elevates the worst of human nature as virtue.

• Like 2

We're going to be walking a fine line between now and Nov 2020, but the sadist in me is really looking forward to any and all attacks on that jackass just to see how insane he really gets.

Of course, the downside is nuclear war, etc.  There's no risk-free reward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

So his team has taken to giving him fake poll numbers to keep him from melting down. 

He's going to flip shit when he loses in 2020.

This is not going to end well.

If he loses in 2020 and flips the fuck out, that will be be a great ending in my book. 

I don't buy into the whole idea of him being dangerous post defeat. All of the people that work for him not name Stephen Miller will jump shit the second he loses power. It's not like they respect him. Any crazy orders will be given as much credence by his underlings as his demands to fire Mueller were.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

If he loses in 2020 and flips the fuck out, that will be be a great ending in my book. 

I don't buy into the whole idea of him being dangerous post defeat. All of the people that work for him not name Stephen Miller will jump shit the second he loses power. It's not like they respect him. Any crazy orders will be given as much credence by his underlings as his demands to fire Mueller were.  

Yep. As soon as he loses (if he does), the great distancing is going to begin. If he loses badly, it's going to be a rapid mass exodus. All of the people, congress members, and advisors that had his back because they are owned by his rabid base are going to immediately start putting as much space between themselves and Trump as possible. Because in 2022, 2024, and beyond, Trump is likely going to be an absolute anchor around anyone associated with him. His "support" in the GOP is purely based on the power he holds via his base. Once his power is gone, so goes all of his support. He's going to be a lonely, lonely guy.

You'll see it happen here too. All of the "you liberals made me vote for Trump!" guys are going to suddenly pretend they hated what he did to the party.

All assuming he loses. 

Edited by BradInATX

18 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Problem is all the Tillersons and Mattises are long gone. It’s only Stephen Millers.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I can’t see him staying for the simple fact that he would eventually be removed by law enforcement/military. If he loses, my bet is he’s on a plane out of the country long before inauguration day

Thing is, he will still be President until the new one is sworn in, and subject to Secret Service protection. Not like he can just call the Trump 737 on election night and fly to Moscow. 

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Problem is all the Tillersons and Mattises are long gone. It’s only Stephen Millers.  

I agree, but what worries me is that the Stephen Miller crowd is deep-pocketed and moves in the shadows. Charlie Kirk and the TP USA has been very effective up to a point and those folks have a legitimate nationwide network that they use to push their agenda and propaganda. So even if Trump is gone, they will rebrand and resurface.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Thing is, he will still be President until the new one is sworn in, and subject to Secret Service protection. Not like he can just call the Trump 737 on election night and fly to Moscow. 

I may be wrong, but doesn't the President get to decide when/where he travels? Sure, the SS could strenuously object, but can they actually stop him?

56 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Yep. As soon as he loses (if he does), the great distancing is going to begin. If he loses badly, it's going to be a rapid mass exodus. All of the people, congress members, and advisors that had his back because they are owned by his rabid base are going to immediately start putting as much space between themselves and Trump as possible.

Not much of an exodus so far. I think they're all nipples deep in corruption and benefit by delay. The rabid base will still be there. Trump as a threat to sitting GOPs is still there.

I've seen no sign of scruple from the GOP or the 40% that support the GOP.

If Trump raises doubts about the election, he'll have FOX and the Senate saying, "maybe we should look into this..."

And we'll all wait for the next opportunity for these criminals to stop being criminals on their own.

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Not much of an exodus so far. I think they're all nipples deep in corruption and benefit by delay. The rabid base will still be there. Trump as a threat to sitting GOPs is still there.

I've seen no sign of scruple from the GOP or the 40% that support the GOP.

If Trump raises doubts about the election, he'll have FOX and the Senate saying, "maybe we should look into this..."

And we'll all wait for the next opportunity for these criminals to stop being criminals on their own.

They're all still bound, for now, to him by the fact that he can wield his base against anyone that defects. They are chicken shit, they won't abandon him until it meets their needs and ambitions.

interesting article about evangelical support on 538.  shows the evangelical yoots are moving away from the olds vis-a-vis their Trump opinion at the same rate as the rest of the country.

It doesn't matter for the election itself, because that data is already baked into the "70% evangelical approval", but it has interesting future implications.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/could-trump-drive-young-white-evangelicals-away-from-the-gop/

Younger white evangelical Christians, however, express far less enthusiasm for Trump, even if they haven’t completely abandoned him. According to the 2019 Voter Study Group survey, only six in 10 younger white evangelical Christians (between the ages of 18 and 44) view Trump favorably, whereas 80 percent of those age 45 or older have a favorable opinion of the president. The intensity gap is even more pronounced. Only one-quarter (25 percent) of younger white evangelical Christians report having a “very favorable” opinion of Trump, compared to a majority (55 percent) of older white evangelicals.

cox-evangelical-1.png?w=575

On 8/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, BradInATX said:

He's not going to refuse to leave. I think if you're at a point where you actually think he'd somehow refuse to leave office, you're probably in this stuff a little too deep. Like what's he going to do? Barricade himself in? Nobody would support him in it, and he'd almost certainly end up dragged out by the military if he refused to leave. He's just going to tweet repeatedly about how he was robbed in order to continue to inflate his ego whilst sowing discord amongst the country he doesn't give a shit about. 

I agree.  The nice thing about electing a new president is that it does involve the old president ceding power.  The house opens the ballots from the states and the winner is the president elect.  The president elect take the oath of office from the chief justice and that is that.  New president.

After he leaves office, Trump will continue to tweet and continue to hold rallies and continue to be on TV as much as possible as long as he can.  He will probably sell tickets and merch for the rallies.  They will be more outrageous and offensive than they are now.  He just won't be president.

• Like 1

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche
Trump: "It's not the gun that pulls the trigger. It's the person who pulls the trigger." He added: "Democrats would give up the Second Amendment and a lot of the people who put me where I am are strong believers in the Second Amendment and I am too."

Edited by retread

5 minutes ago, retread said:

So why does he care if KJU gets a nuke or not? It's not the weapon that will kill millions of people it's the one who orders that it be fired. His bestie wouldn't ever do that, so just let him have his bomb.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

I agree.  The nice thing about electing a new president is that it does involve the old president ceding power.  The house opens the ballots from the states and the winner is the president elect.  The president elect take the oath of office from the chief justice and that is that.  New president.

After he leaves office, Trump will continue to tweet and continue to hold rallies and continue to be on TV as much as possible as long as he can.  He will probably sell tickets and merch for the rallies.  They will be more outrageous and offensive than they are now.  He just won't be president.

John Roberts is still Chief Justice, right?

Nothing is guaranteed. 

• Like 2

Yep. As soon as he loses (if he does), the great distancing is going to begin. If he loses badly, it's going to be a rapid mass exodus. All of the people, congress members, and advisors that had his back because they are owned by his rabid base are going to immediately start putting as much space between themselves and Trump as possible. Because in 2022, 2024, and beyond, Trump is likely going to be an absolute anchor around anyone associated with him. His "support" in the GOP is purely based on the power he holds via his base. Once his power is gone, so goes all of his support. He's going to be a lonely, lonely guy.
You'll see it happen here too. All of the "you liberals made me vote for Trump!" guys are going to suddenly pretend they hated what he did to the party.
All assuming he loses. 

This is why I would like to see him impeached in the House with a vote in the senate. I know the Senate would never have him impeached but I want all those who are trying to state quiet and ride this out to go on record that they support him. Let history remember these assholes.
  • Like 7