Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Don't worry the principled Tea Party "conservatives" will be along any minute now to protest this bail out.  Any minute now.....

Idi Amin gif.
The conversion of fiscal conservatives and anti-tariff free trade folks has been amazing to watch. The mental gymnastics they’ll go through, so long as they get to blame brown people for all of our problems, are incredible to watch.

My favorite retort to a Trumpkin spewing their bullshit: "Is that what Fox news told you to think today?"  Typically stops them in their tracks for a few seconds while their feeble minds process what I asked them, then the parroting resumes in full force. 

I like the ones that claim they don’t watch Fox News, but somehow parrot every talking point and know a shit ton about an evil first term representative from NY.
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, elfenix said:

2019-02-21-23-10-47.jpg

The wall is being built. You saw the tape of that beautiful tractor building my beautiful wall. I'm happy to announce that Secretary of the Space Force Beiber, terrific man, knows the cyber. Some people may not know he sings and actually writes songs. Amazing.  

Secretary Beiber, as you can see, has already built the USS Trump up in space. I didn't want it named after me but I'm told that the polls showed 85% support. Actually 90%. Virtually everyone wanted to name this amazing space force space craft for me.

Every president has told me that they wish they had started a space force to protect a wall around this great country. Nobody has ever done what we're doing. Beautiful. America, we're making it great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

Ah but when we bitch we get it over with in a matter of seconds instead of drawing it out over 45 minutes and four commercial breaks. 

If you'd like we can deliver our bitching with more introductory exposition, rhetorical questions, dramatic pauses, and self satisfied smirks. Then maybe you'll find it more palatable. 

Every time the name Rachel Maddow gets mentioned I see a shitload of posts echoing the same sentiment. I feel like they've wasted more of my time than when Rachel spends time on expository preamble before "getting to the point," as everyone likes to say. There gets to be a #MeToo quality to it.

And while I know what you're talking about, it's just not always true. The last two times I watched the show I thought I should come on here and say, "Hey, tune in to Rachel, she's getting right to the point!" but I didn't really care that much and wouldn't have known where to post it.

And then I see people heaping praise on Lawrence O'Donnell who I find to be completely insufferable. He seems to me like a liberal version of a televangelist. I can't watch his show. So I don't, and have never bitched about him when his name came up before until just now and that's just to make a point. 

I'm done venting now. Thanks for listening. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, longhorndude said:

I like the ones that claim they don’t watch Fox News, but somehow parrot every talking point and know a shit ton about an evil first term representative from NY.

This is just about every conservative I know.  None of them will admit to watching Fox News, yet they're all reading from the same script somehow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This is just about every conservative I know.  None of them will admit to watching Fox News, yet they're all reading from the same script somehow.

Well, every conservative media outlet spouts the same storyline each day, so it's easy to see how someone can claim they never watch Fox, but talk as if Fox is the single source of entertainment they have.

I could probably overlay my FIL's  chronological facebook feed with the thoughts, twitters, and broadcasts of Sean Hannity and it would be identical.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Why would a conservative Republican watch any other news, honest question?  About 80% of the newscasters are liberals on other stations.  Make the media less biased and Republicans would watch other programs...I dont need to turn on CNN and hear a bunch of shit about how bad Republicans are.  I dont live my life how they generalize all Republicans live their lives so to me it is just a bunch of BS..

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 18

But the attack on our democracy had its limits. Russian President Vladimir Putin could not lead us to distrust our own intelligence agencies or the FBI. He could not cause us to view our own free press as an enemy of the people. He could not undermine the independence of the Justice Department or denigrate judges. Only we could do that to ourselves. Although many forces have contributed to the decline in public confidence in our institutions, one force stands out as an accelerant, like gas on a fire. And try as some of us might to avoid invoking the arsonist’s name, we must say it.

I speak, of course, of our president, Donald Trump.

Damn.

2 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

Why would a conservative Republican watch any other news, honest question?  About 80% of the newscasters are liberals on other stations.  Make the media less biased and Republicans would watch other programs...I dont need to turn on CNN and hear a bunch of shit about how bad Republicans are.  I dont live my life how they generalize all Republicans live their lives so to me it is just a bunch of BS..

Triangulating information instead of getting it from one source.  I can read NYT, WaPo, BBC, Vice, Reuters, crazy blogger, BuzzFeed News etc., and you can suss out the truth based on your brains natural filtering process.  You can go all award-winning journalists if you like skins on the wall.  You can go people that have history of nailing things correctly over the last half century.

Or you can go to one source, which literally everyone knows carries water for one thing, and uncritically listen to them.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

many of whom are the same folks who say "oh, i don't support trump at all, i dislike him as a person, he is a buffoon, i sure wish he'd tweet less" and then vote straight ticket R in every election, fully and knowingly aware that they are complicit in supporting trump and his treasonous administration

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Straw said:

many of whom are the same folks who say "oh, i don't support trump at all, i dislike him as a person, he is a buffoon, i sure wish he'd tweet less" and then vote straight ticket R in every election, fully and knowingly aware that they are complicit in supporting trump and his treasonous administration

Well, straight ticket R with the exception of a POTUS vote for Gary Johnson.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

A lot of them get it word of mouth in the coffee shop, on the golf course, in the quilting club, etc.  Also facebook. 

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Triangulating information instead of getting it from one source.  I can read NYT, WaPo, BBC, Vice, Reuters, crazy blogger, BuzzFeed News etc., and you can suss out the truth based on your brains natural filtering process.  You can go all award-winning journalists if you like skins on the wall.  You can go people that have history of nailing things correctly over the last half century.

Or you can go to one source, which literally everyone knows carries water for one thing, and uncritically listen to them.

Well some of these news outlets don't  have the best track record as of late....I don't really want to fill my head with a bunch of crap that gets proven wrong over and over...If I want other news, I usually read NPR....

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

[Donut]Well you see, I don't like Trump at all. But my state rep/senator/congressman/US Senator/Governor/mayor/county commissioner/dog catcher, well, you see, those are just great people.  They aren't like Trump in any way.  I'd support them in anything, and let's face it, they are just good, hardworking, honest people who love their country and would never, ever do anything treasonous or would bring shame to our great party[/Fetcher]

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

Neutrality and/or lack of perceived bias is not the same as truth. And you make claims of these so-called liberal bias organizations of them lying and intentionally being misleading, and yet provide no evidence of those claims. Wanna back up the talk, big boi?

2 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

Well some of these news outlets don't  have the best track record as of late....I don't really want to fill my head with a bunch of crap that gets proven wrong over and over...If I want other news, I usually read NPR....

Let's play a game.  For every 1 thing NYT has gotten wrong, I'll post 100 it has gotten right.  Based on the outcome of that game, let's see if we can deduce that you avoid them because you "don't really want to fill your head with a bunch of crap that gets proven wrong" or because of some other mysterious reason.

25 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

The same reason liberals should watch Fox and read WSJ editorial page and NRO. The same reason Americans should listen to BBC and the Economist. The same reason citizens in open societies should avail themselves of primary sources to supplement journalism. Perspective is a shield that protects us from being blinded and gulled. 

You have to pay taxes and die, but you don't have to be a sucker. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Where are the court transcripts that lay this out?  I had not heard of Epstein's 5th Amendment plea regarding Trump.  I had only heard about the cushy deal he received on a couple of state prostitution charges while all Federal charges were dropped.  If he really did plead the 5th when asked about Trump's presence and involvement with underaged girls . . . wow.

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Where are the court transcripts that lay this out?  I had not heard of Epstein's 5th Amendment plea regarding Trump.  I had only heard about the cushy deal he received on a couple of state prostitution charges while all Federal charges were dropped.  If he really did plead the 5th when asked about Trump's presence and involvement with underaged girls . . . wow.

I don’t have the transcripts but it’s been reported in a few places.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/j59vm8/the-salacious-ammo-even-donald-trump-wont-use-in-a-fight-against-hillary-clinton-bill-clinton

B66A6407-2F32-43FB-A12E-8BB9C9520D51_zps

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Incidentally, if anyone uses all 5 sources above for a couple of weeks, it will become apparent what an outlier Fox is.  Their version is just different from everyone else's, both in what it includes (blatant falsehoods) and in what it omits (pretty much everything important).  Others are guilty of spin and selective coverage; Fox is guilty of constructing a completely false narrative.  The fact that they are the only source of "news" for about half the country is the biggest answer to why we're in such a fucked up place right now.

Nailed it.

Interestingly enough, Al Jazeera is a lot more balanced than one might expect.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Let's play a game.  For every 1 thing NYT has gotten wrong, I'll post 100 it has gotten right.  Based on the outcome of that game, let's see if we can deduce that you avoid them because you "don't really want to fill your head with a bunch of crap that gets proven wrong" or because of some other mysterious reason.

Not to mention that you can find out where they were wrong  within their own pages after they discover they were wrong. The NYT self-polices, issues corrections and apologies, and fires liars. The majority of "liberal" media outlets do the same.

The person you address holds non-FOX outlets to a standard of perfection while joyfully feeding at the trough of supposed news organization that regularly propagandizes news items to support an ideology.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Please please please let it come out that he's a pederast.  I don't think even the Rs could get around that one.

I think you underestimate how dug in those fuckers are at this point.  They’ve been primed to reject any attack.  Fox, Rush, Russians, etc. have authorized Republicans to dismiss criticism as fake news, conspiracy theory, both sides stuff they don’t have to believe if they don’t want to.  And they don’t want to believe they voted for an amoral con artist sleazeball who would crucify Jesus himself if it made him a buck.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Bingo.

I get most of my news from reuters.com and bbc.com.  But in the evenings I flip around from CNN to Fox to MSNBC.  You can't really consider yourself informed if you only have one source.  But if you only have time for one, I highly recommend Reuters.

Incidentally, if anyone uses all 5 sources above for a couple of weeks, it will become apparent what an outlier Fox is.  Their version is just different from everyone else's, both in what it includes (blatant falsehoods) and in what it omits (pretty much everything important).  Others are guilty of spin and selective coverage; Fox is guilty of constructing a completely false narrative.  The fact that they are the only source of "news" for about half the country is the biggest answer to why we're in such a fucked up place right now.

Totally true, and especially agreed on Reuters and Fox.

Fox is the outlier, but I'll defend them to this extent: the news organization is fine. The problem is the seamless blending of editorial content into news content, which makes them the outlier, even compared with NRO which operates from a conservative perspective but is mostly in the same information universe as straight news sources. The Fox editorial perspective does not appear to operate in the same information universe as their own national news reporting organization.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

So you watch Fox news and get told how bad Democrats are?

OK.

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I think you underestimate how dug in those fuckers are at this point.  They’ve been primed to reject any attack.  Fox, Rush, Russians, etc. have authorized Republicans to dismiss criticism as fake news, conspiracy theory, both sides stuff they don’t have to believe if they don’t want to.  And they don’t want to believe they voted for an amoral con artist sleazeball who would crucify Jesus himself if it made him a buck.  

besides, it's all fake news ginned up by the deep state, bro

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Please please please let it come out that he's a pederast.  I don't think even the Rs could get around that one.

They're way ahead of you. They've already used less evidence to assume Bill Clinton's relationship with the scumbag means Clinton is a child raper. They'll simply say that the Clinton machine is smearing good ol' Donny.