Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

I find it amusing he's accusing us of clutching of pearls when this entire address will be a clutching of pearls about threats at the southern border that are being overblown to allow him to declare an emergency to give his dumb wall built. 

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

He should lead with these quotes or show the video speeches 

"We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States, undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants in this country." 

"We all agree on the need to better secure the border and to punish employers who choose to hire illegal immigrants," Obama added. "We are a generous and welcoming people, here in the United States, but those who enter the country illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law."

- Obama

I voted, when I was a Senator, to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in...” The Hill

“I reject your facts!” Nancy P

then they can tape delay the segment and have it fact checked. 

But I was told Democrat’s want open borders. Which is it?

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

prerty damn offensive of the media elites that they don’t trust you to listen to a speaker unless they get to present the narrative. The parallels to how the Democrats treat minority voters is shocking. (Not really - they know what’s best for you and what you should believe). People deciding for themselves is just too dangerous. 

Cloak Room has officially jumped the shark in 2019 and we haven’t made it half a month. 

I reject your facts!

People can engage in public discourse with either the intent to advance it or the intent to harm it. There will always be people intent on harming the public discourse for their own interests, and they will always go to great lengths to conceal those interests, and the media's job is to work on behalf of the public and discern the two.

26 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don't own any pearls. I also don't own any guns. And yet I feel perfectly safe wandering the streets at night without fear of being killed by terrorists crossing the southern border.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but you've probably already been buttfucked and murdered by some MS-13 thug and just don't realize it yet and are walking around like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Then what is the point.

This shit is reality show suspense music plus stern looks plus dramatic editing plus tune in next week CRAP.

DO SOMETHING! SLAP SOMEONE! THROW A DRINK ON SOMEBODY!!

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

NY Times will fact check Trump's speech in real time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/us/politics/trump-speech.html

Nice!  Also, it's incredible that this is literally all the president is doing.  His entire existence is about creating distractions and lying.  He doesn't do any of the job of an actual normal president.  Who the fuck is running this place?!

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

NY Times will fact check Trump's speech in real time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/us/politics/trump-speech.html

These threats are greatly exaggerated, if not fabricated. Migrant border crossings have been declining for nearly two decades. The majority of heroin enters the United States through legal ports of entry, not through open areas of the border. Immigrants are less likely to commit crimes in the United States than native-born Americans. The State Department said in a recent report that there is “no credible evidence” that terrorist groups had sent operatives to enter the United States through Mexico.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think I'm taking a pass on watching this idgit tonight.  I'm assuming I can just monitor this thread and get the salient points anyway.

1 minute ago, retread said:

^Same here. I can't stand looking at him or hearing him.

Me three

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Man I hope he plays this card. It will be shoved so far back up is ass his toupee won't sit right.

Fuck I'm embarrassed and ashamed that I have voted republican since I was 18 with this idiot in charge. This person has no right to be sitting in the Office of the President of The United States of America. Makes me sick! 

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

prerty damn offensive of the media elites that they don’t trust you to listen to a speaker unless they get to present the narrative. The parallels to how the Democrats treat minority voters is shocking. (Not really - they know what’s best for you and what you should believe). People deciding for themselves is just too dangerous. 

Cloak Room has officially jumped the shark in 2019 and we haven’t made it half a month. 

I reject your facts!

This place is no stranger to shitty opinions.  But that post presents one of the worst takes I’ve ever read.  It’s turbo-charged stupidity.  

The media has no obligation to serve as a conduit for propaganda.  It is not their duty to broadcast whatever inane drivel any idiot decides to shout in the direction of a TV camera.  The media’s job is to investigate and attempt to present truth, facts, and news.  When the President of the United States is a proven pathological liar who is incapable of truth and whose every word is cynical propaganda, it is the media’s duty to think long and hard about whether it should participate in spreading his lies to the masses.  

Trump could broadcast his silly speech on Twitter or some other online outlet.  You know why he demands network coverage?  Because he’s a parasite.  He wants to leech the integrity of networks to lend undue credibility to his inane ideas.  Network news outlets carry a level of prestige that has been earned through decades of principles journalism.  Merely showing up on screen with the NBC or CBS or whatever logo in the corner immediately elevates his blathering nonsense to the level of Esteemed Words of Import in the minds of many credulous Americans.  It’s another lie, of course.  A theft of credibility.  But that’s our president: a vampire that thrives on the integrity of institutions naive enough to take him seriously. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 3