Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Putin would not be pleased, so we aren’t going to attack Iran.  

I don't know bout that.  It's been a convenient and likely lucrative stance for Putin so far.  But Putin has no love for anyone.  The fallout from Trump/Russia is potentially an existential threat to Putin's future long term rule.  If the global chaos from Trump initiating a first strike on Iran saves Putin's bacon, he'd coerce Trump to do it.

Another sign Putin is preparing for the worst:

6 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I don't know bout that.  It's been a convenient and likely lucrative stance for Putin so far.  But Putin has no love for anyone.  The fallout from Trump/Russia is potentially an existential threat to Putin's future long term rule.  If the global chaos from Trump initiating a first strike on Iran saves Putin's bacon, he'd coerce Trump to do it.

Another sign Putin is preparing for the worst:

Doing his best Stalin impression?

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nothing would diminish our standing in the world more than a preemptive nuclear strike.  If Putin wants to usurp us in power, committing war crimes that kill many thousands of people would do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

My Trumpkin Dad worked in defense and worked with intelligence all the time.  I should send this to him.

Of course, now that I'm thinking about it, he's a big time warmonger so he'd love Trump's position.  His most common phrase, right after "let us all bow our heads and pray," is "I'd turn the whole region into glass."

• Like 1

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Of course, now that I'm thinking about it, he's a big time warmonger so he'd love Trump's position.  His most common phrase, right after "let us all bow our heads and pray," is "I'd turn the whole region into glass."

Sounds like a great guy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

Most Republicans you know would be in favor of lopping off 15% of our nations GDP? Bold strategy Cotton. As long as you are getting rid of our top producing liberal states, you might as well go ahead and throw in New York as well. 

No, the tard is correct in this case. Most republicans would be happy to have California secede. The resulting economic devastation would be ok, because in your face libs!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

We're all going to die. 

Gordon Lightfoot takes up his guitar.

When the first Mexican came, the old crook tweeted sayin'
Fellas, he's comin' to rape ya
His poll numbers in spin, Guatamalans caravanned in, he said
Fellas, it's been good t'know ya

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

We're all going to die. 

Imagine being the kind of person who is piss-your-pants scared and ragey about a bunch of.....Guatemalans.

Let's be perfectly clear: any country that lives in fear of Guatemalans is automatically demoted to fourth-tier global status.  Fucking Grenada isn't afraid of Guatemalans....but we are.  The GOP and the Trumpkins have turned us into the Republic of Bedwetting Nancy Boys.  Might as well just color our whole flag yellow.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Putin knows it better to have America in his back pocket than Iran. As long as he owns us, he probably okay with putting any other country on the chopping block as long as it's the US swinging the ax.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:19 AM, Hank Kingsley said:

Is it now a GOP prerequisite to be a spineless cuck?

What does Christie mean by he joked about lap band surgery, "years before I decided to do it."? It sounds like he is implying that had the surgery but he looks like he ate one of the Huckabee children.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Imagine being the kind of person who is piss-your-pants scared and ragey about a bunch of.....Guatemalans.

Let's be perfectly clear: any country that lives in fear of Guatemalans is automatically demoted to fourth-tier global status.  Fucking Grenada isn't afraid of Guatemalans....but we are.  The GOP and the Trumpkins have turned us into the Republic of Bedwetting Nancy Boys.  Might as well just color our whole flag yellow.

Back in the 80s they were selling the notion that the Sandinista insurgency could lead to an invasion of Texas.  Texas! Overrun and subjugated by Reds in pick up trucks with AKs! 

I don't recall it getting much traction. I think we all realized that we wouldn't even have to call out the National Guard, just sell cheap licenses to deer hunters and we'd end up repelling the bad hombres and even making a little cash on it.

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Why do y’all keep engaging with someone so patently dishonest and full of shit? And, to be frank, someone so blatantly stupid?

It’s as if Trump himself is posting in the Trump thread.

It was a new and different level of stupidity that we haven't seen before. We were curious.

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

“Three separate caravans marching to our Border. The numbers are tremendous.” @foxandfriends

If only there were a device of some sort that could capture pictures of these three hordes so we could see what we're facing.

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Why in the holy fuck is our president arguing with our intelligence on Twitter? 

There are fucking closed door meetings for these sorts of things. 

Goddamn mouth breathing orange ape. 

when this is all over, in whatever way that looks, this entire fucking soap opera will be even that much more absurd when summarized into a nice little historical package

giphy.gif

Just now, TornACL said:

Why in the holy fuck is our president arguing with our intelligence on Twitter? 

There are fucking closed door meetings for these sorts of things. 

Goddamn mouth breathing orange ape. 

Because he's a giant, gaping vag.  He would never say anything to their faces.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Back in the 80s they were selling the notion that the Sandinista insurgency could lead to an invasion of Texas.  Texas! Overrun and subjugated by Reds in pick up trucks with AKs! 

I don't recall it getting much traction. I think we all realized that we wouldn't even have to call out the National Guard, just sell cheap licenses to deer hunters and we'd end up repelling the bad hombres and even making a little cash on it.

It wasn't just the Nicaraguans of course.  They even made a movie that included that premise.  

post-21090-0-85609400-1353557486.jpg

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

just sell cheap licenses to deer hunters and we'd end up repelling the bad hombres and even making a little cash on it.

wait a minute.  you aren't suggesting deer hunters would go out there if the deer could shoot back?

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

When the Trump presidency ends, there's a good chance they will have to devote an entire TV channel to all the docu-series programs about the corruption within his administration. 

Ya know I think you’re right. Someone will start up TCN, the “trump corruption network.” It will prove to be so popular and have so much programming that they will have to start TCN2. 

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I for one am shocked. It’s almost like trump may have lied to us

And Scott “the man” Walker. No way he knew about this. The man is basically Mother Theresa with a dick. 

Trump lies like we breath; it's involuntary at this point.  However, it's probably more along the lines of Walker, the State of Wisconsin, Trump and whoever was all on board with this were played by Foxconn.

If anyone needs to be grateful this didn't come to pass, it's the State of Wisconsin.  Walker committed billions in tax breaks that they now don't have to cover.   Sure, that's potential money lost after 25 years, but who's to say Foxconn will even be in business then:

In exchange, Wisconsin agreed to give Foxconn at least $3 billion in state tax credits and breaks, according to the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, a public-private agency that helped negotiate the package. The deal was much criticized at the time after it emerged that Wisconsin would not make money for 25 years.

Edit.  I stand corrected. Wisconsin has already spent a boatload of cash, and thanks to the Wisconsin GOP, will spend a boatload more:

https://gizmodo.com/foxconn-admits-its-not-building-a-factory-in-wisconsin-1832193977

Hintz said that even if the state winds up paying out less money to the company as the project is scaled back, there are plenty of sunk costs, and people have already been displaced from their homes. The state has attempted to oust people in the area through eminent domain. And to make matters even worse for taxpayers, the people of Wisconsin are still on the line for a bunch of money—the exact total is not yet known—even if Foxconn only delivers a fraction of what it promised.

“Foxconn has no tax liability in Wisconsin because Republicans have essentially eliminated corporate taxes [for Foxconn]. All of the incentives, they’re not really tax credits, they’re cash payments,” Hintz said. “Not only do we not obtain the revenue, we pay the company.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0

35 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump lies like we breath; it's involuntary at this point.  However, it's probably more along the lines of Walker, the State of Wisconsin, Trump and whoever was all on board with this were played by Foxconn.

If anyone needs to be grateful this didn't come to pass, it's the State of Wisconsin.  Walker committed billions in tax breaks that they now don't have to cover.   Sure, that's potential money lost after 25 years, but who's to say Foxconn will even be in business then:

Edit.  I stand corrected. Wisconsin has already spent a boatload of cash, and thanks to the Wisconsin GOP, will spend a boatload more:

https://gizmodo.com/foxconn-admits-its-not-building-a-factory-in-wisconsin-1832193977

Scott Walker is an almost perfect representation of the serious person wing of the Republican Party. He's like Paul Ryan, except Walker watched part of Atlas Shrugged instead of reading the whole thing. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I wonder if he watched Independence Day before floating the whole Space Force thing.

40 minutes ago, mcbrisket said:

Probably Starship Troopers...

Screen-Shot-2013-06-28-at-13.22.40.png

As Commander in Chief, I would, of course have to inspect our wonderful coed showers. They're really beautiful. Wonderful really. Showers. Coed. Really great. You have the women and the men working together to save this great, beautiful country from space. Invaders. Space invaders. I saw it on the cyber. Every ex President has secretly told me they wanted to do a deal for a Space Force that will use the Wall as a runway. We can build this cheap and quick. I'm a builder. Fake News won't tell you that. Witch hunt. Cyber. Beautiful. No that's not dribble on my chin; It's win juice.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Not sure I fully agree with all of the author's assertions, but this article is worth a read.  The comments are predictable.

The record-setting government shutdown disrupted thousands of lives, undermined the economy and left President Trump and Democrats with nothing to show for it. For American governance, it was an unmitigated failure.

For American democracy, on the other hand, it was a heartening victory.

In fact, Mr. Trump didn’t really lose to the Democrats; he lost to James Madison. “The House of Representatives…alone can propose the supplies requisite for the support of government,” Madison wrote in Federalist No. 58. “This power over the purse may, in fact, be regarded as the most complete and effectual weapon with which any constitution can arm the immediate representatives of the people.”

That the framers’ checks and balances operated as designed is an admittedly low bar for judging American governance these days. And Mr. Trump may yet try to circumvent Congress by declaring a national emergency to build his wall; more on that in a moment.

For now, though, step back and recall that after Mr. Trump became president, many feared for the institutions that underpin American democracy. “For the first time in U.S. history, a man with no experience in public office, little observable commitment to constitutional rights, and clear authoritarian tendencies was elected president,” political scientists Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt wrote in their best seller “How Democracies Die.” “Will the autocratic leader subvert democratic institutions, or be constrained by them?”

The shutdown is the latest evidence that, so far, those institutions are constraining Mr. Trump, just as they constrained his predecessors. The president has yet to have a single political opponent arrested, while six of his own associates have been indicted or pleaded guilty. Federal courts have repeatedly blocked his decisions, from prohibiting illegal migrants from seeking asylum to stripping CNN’s Jim Acosta of his White House credentials. Mr. Trump has railed against these court orders, while complying with every one.

Democrats have feared that the integrity of elections is being undermined by Republican gerrymandering and voter registration laws. Last year, the Brennan Center for Justice predicted Democrats would need to win the national popular vote by nearly 11 percentage points to eke out a bare majority in the House. They won by eight points—and gained a decisive 36-seat majority. Gerrymandering hasn’t gone away but may be retreating as district lines in a growing number of states are drawn by independent commissions or courts.

More here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/shutdown-shows-american-institutions-are-alive-and-kicking-11548860581

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

torbush.  way to go wisconsin govt.