Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

also, has it occurred to anyone that he just spent a week chumming with the most murderous people on the planet. Who's to say they didn't slip him something? Remember, Putin brought his own glass.

I mean, why would they kill the greatest gift they could possibly imagine? 

Trump provides the best cover in the literal world for these thugs. 

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

He doesn't need him anymore.  Right wing evangelicals adore Trump.  Pence was a fig leaf for that crowd to justify jumping on board the Trump train, but now the "religious" right has abandoned all pretense.   If Trump does stick with Pence, it's a wasted opportunity because another VP like Haley could actually bring some moderate Rs back in.   They're just looking for an excuse to vote Trump anyway.   And Trump can put Pence in his cabinet to avoid pissing anyone off. 

I don't know. My mom "voted for Mike Pence." She doesn't like Trump. I think there are still self-professed Christians who need to see that brand represented on the ticket. I think Pence has shown the loyalty and adoration that Trump craves, and I think Trump has been happy with Pence's work behind the scenes.

I can't see it. I also can't see Nikki Hailey wanting the job. And if Trump ditches Pence, I'd expect him and to go in the opposite direction and select Jerry Falwell Jr. or Franklin Graham. Since when does he ever replace anyone with someone more capable? And since when does he show any moderation in his political calculations? Maybe it would make political sense to bring in a moderate VP. (Shame on anyone who would be deceived by that because Trump is going to Trump and Haley would have zero impact on that.) But Trump doesn't think like that. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don't know. My mom "voted for Mike Pence." She doesn't like Trump. I think there are still self-professed Christians who need to see that brand represented on the ticket. I think Pence has shown the loyalty and adoration that Trump craves, and I think Trump has been happy with Pence's work behind the scenes.

I can't see it. I also can't see Nikki Hailey wanting the job. And if Trump ditches Pence, I'd expect him and to go in the opposite direction and select Jerry Falwell Jr. or Franklin Graham. Since when does he ever replace anyone with someone more capable? And since when does he show any moderation in his political calculations? Maybe it would make political sense to bring in a moderate VP. (Shame on anyone who would be deceived by that because Trump is going to Trump and Haley would have zero impact on that.) But Trump doesn't think like that. 

So.....Lindsey Graham then? 

He's basically the only person who has shown undying loyalty to Trump since he got elected.  And he uses his old butt buddy McCain to burnish his "moderate" credentials.  And Trump won't forget Lindsey's lick-spittle, mancy-boy temper tantrum defending Brett Kavanaugh. 

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So.....Lindsey Graham then? 

He's basically the only person who has shown undying loyalty to Trump since he got elected.  And he uses his old butt buddy McCain to burnish his "moderate" credentials.  And Trump won't forget Lindsey's lick-spittle, mancy-boy temper tantrum defending Brett Kavanaugh. 

Trump doesn't respect or reward the people who lick his boots.   It'll be someone he wants to make submit to him, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooby said:

Kamala Harris...along with the rest of the field...will rag doll him in any debate.

He'll find an excuse to avoid debates, especially if the nominee is Harris. He'll claim he's too busy running the country to spend time at a debate.

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

There’s so much to make fun of Lindsay for besides his assumed sexuality.

I personally think he’s an asexual creepo but that’s just me.

He is gayer then a sack of rainbows up pence ass 

FAKE NEWS!  aka (checks notes) the Secretary of Commerce

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, who oversees the census, said in a statement that “I respect the Supreme Court but strongly disagree with its ruling regarding my decision to reinstate a citizenship question on the 2020 Census.”

“The Census Bureau has started the process of printing the decennial questionnaires without the question. My focus, and that of the Bureau and the entire Department is to conduct a complete and accurate census,” Ross said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/02/census-will-print-without-citizenship-question-trump-administration.html

I sure can’t wait for no one to ask Trump about this so we never get to hear an explanation for saying something so stupid. Like say if Chuck Todd was sitting in front of him asking him questions. Something like that.

16 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Who do you think beat the Nazis if not Communists?

Don’t be obtuse. The German communists were trounced.  Their tit-for-tat approach provided the Nazis moral cover for their own violence and they served as a useful scapegoat to justify a Nazi crackdown on opposition.  That a communist foreign superpower helped defeat Nazi Germany is mere coincidence. 

What Antifa superpower do you propose will bail us out when the right wing crushes the mob of leftist rock-throwers here?  

And I am not advocating passivity or tolerance of extreme right views.  Far from it.  I’m just saying: don’t be stupid.  You mention one tactic that has proven useful: doxxing white supremacists.  I also advocate peaceful counter-protest.  But violent counter-protest is stupid and counterproductive.  

• Like 1

Don’t be obtuse. The German communists were trounced.  Their tit-for-tat approach provided the Nazis moral cover for their own violence and they served as a useful scapegoat to justify a Nazi crackdown on opposition.  That a communist foreign superpower helped defeat Nazi Germany is mere coincidence. 
What Antifa superpower do you propose will bail us out when the right wing crushes the mob of leftist rock-throwers here?  
And I am not advocating passivity or tolerance of extreme right views.  Far from it.  I’m just saying: don’t be stupid.  You mention one tactic that has proven useful: doxxing white supremacists.  I also advocate peaceful counter-protest.  But violent counter-protest is stupid and counterproductive.  

Agree that violent protest isn’t effective right now. Violence may be necessary at some point...but if things end up there, it’s going to have to be a LOT more than that.

As for doxxing them all...YES.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

also, has it occurred to anyone that he just spent a week chumming with the most murderous people on the planet. Who's to say they didn't slip him something? Remember, Putin brought his own glass.

Why would they ever want Trump out of office?  He's a despot's wet dream.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Something is up.  We haven’t seen Trump in public for a few days and these recent tweets are most likely staff because they are so unprovocative.  

Trump’s health has been visibly deteriorating for a while now (months).  His vocabulary has gone to shit and he keeps repeating things.   He has trouble forming complete thoughts and sentences.

The dumb shit he’s been saying of late isn’t the work of a healthy functioning adult brain, even for Trump.  We see Ivanka now at arms length of him at all times.  

This guy ain’t making it to the 2020 election.

Breathe Hugo, breathe.  

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

so it seems like the census is moving forward to print without the question.  and everyone involved is moving on...except one person.

i'll give you three guesses?

(notice my gratuitous use of question mark)

Odds that he talks about it at the campaign rally tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Certain batches in Texas, NM, AZ, and Cali.

Nah. Just Cali and NM. Maybe NY too. They want a high Texas and AZ count. For now at least. 

This whole census thing isn't about finding out who is an immigrant and rounding them up.  It's about suppressing the overall population count in blue states so they can suppress their voting rights and representation.