ESPN replacing Coaches' Film Room with new broadcast crew of Jason Witten & Booger McFarland for the NC title game

satyanash

• satyanash changed the title to ESPN replacing Coaches' Film Room with new broadcast crew of Jason Witten & Booger McFarland for the NC title game

I used to hate how Major League Baseball guys would get called in to call the College World Series, they clearly had no idea what College Baseball was all about. It was total shit. Though I guess Witten and McFarland actually played College Football so there is that.

Edited by Valmy77

Awesome!  But don't forget to add Pam Ward, Jamele Hill, Caitlyn Jenner, a PETA rep, Finebaum, Vitale,, a Dr. Pepper fan toss winner, Derka, Marcel Marceau, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and some dying kid.

Edited by clapclapclap
And this lamp. That's all the show needs
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Awesome!  But don't forget to add Pam Ward, Jamele Hill, Caitlyn Jenner, a PETA rep, Finebaum, Vitale,, a Dr. Pepper fan toss winner, Derka, Marcel Marceau, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and some dying kid.

Hate to break it to you, but espn’s dying kidnof the season just died. 

Even if they did find another, there wouldn’t be enough time to can and air the requisite emotional pieces about the family before the game. 

• Like 1

This sucks.

couple of years ago one coach kept calling out plays before the snap and Another coach from same the same conference asked how he knew the plays. coach 1 says ‘I’m just reading their signals’. Coach 2 ‘damn I need to change all our signals !’

• Like 1

This sucks but if it comes back, please never let Mack or especially Herm Edwards run point. That shit was damn near unwatchable having Herm shout at me the whole game. 

Oh and also let the motherfucking play finish before you rewind it. I don't want to hear breakdowns to plays that are still ongoing. 

33 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This sucks.

couple of years ago one coach kept calling out plays before the snap and Another coach from same the same conference asked how he knew the plays. coach 1 says ‘I’m just reading their signals’. Coach 2 ‘damn I need to change all our signals !’

Yeah the exchanges between the coaches is great.  You’ve had some fun ones and even if the game goes bad that adds some interesting content.

50 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I never watched any of the coaches film room broadcasts.  Were their ratings good?

And that's the problem with some of the replies in this thread.  The only thing known is the show isn't going to happen.  What's unknown is why, and that could be a host of things--poor ratings, no coaches were available (AFCA is that day), coaches backet out for certain reasons, etc. 

But yet people just blaming "liberal (rolleyes)" espn fucking it up without even knowing the entire story. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

But yet people just blaming "liberal (rolleyes)" espn fucking it up without even knowing the entire story. 

Damned if you aren't a one trick pony here at surly.  I don't remember you being like that at the other site.  I guess I just missed a lot of posts.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

And that's the problem with some of the replies in this thread.  The only thing known is the show isn't going to happen.  What's unknown is why, and that could be a host of things--poor ratings, no coaches were available (AFCA is that day), coaches backet out for certain reasons, etc. 

Yeah some of the replies read as if the MNF crew is going to be calling the game and not just going to be doing a simulcast roundtable on ESPN news.  I imagine those coaching roundtables were a hit on the message boards, but I doubt much of the general viewing audience tuned in.

4 minutes ago, Whitman said:

Damned if you aren't a one trick pony here at surly.  I don't remember you being like that at the other site.  I guess I just missed a lot of posts.

I don't know what this is implying or what you're trying to get at, but okay. 

ESPN seems to be mailing it in. I wonder how much they pay coaches to come do special events like these? Maybe they're just trying to utilize talent that's already under contract to minimize expenses.

Gonna be funny if these 2 teams are in the same situation after next season.

Eventually it'll just be tape delay, like NFL games were in the beginning of television.