Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

We just adopted this guy today. We're still working on names. He's going to be a big boy being 25 pounds at 14 weeks. 

20230722_163923~2.jpg

20230722_163928.jpg

20230722_172817.jpg

IMG_2068.thumb.jpg.024f3ad7bc869c3649ef9b1a3be1004b.jpg

Looks a lot like Tucker. Half lab, 3/8 german shepard 1/8 Plott hound

Looks like yours has some hound dog in him too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

We just adopted this guy today. We're still working on names. He's going to be a big boy being 25 pounds at 14 weeks. 

20230722_163923~2.jpg

20230722_163928.jpg

20230722_172817.jpg

What’s his breeding?  

18 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Went out to get drinks with friends and had a special guest: Kira, the Czechoslovakian Wolf Dog.

image.thumb.jpeg.099a3d4d6ca6569da88843ad0e91bdf2.jpeg

This animal is unbelievably beautiful, if a bit unnerving to have around as she still has a LOT of “wolfie” mannerisms. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovakian_Wolfdog

Like what?  

13 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

20230722_163923~2.jpg

20230722_163928.jpg

20230722_172817.jpg

I don't know shit about dog breeds, but he kind of looks like a Belgian Malinois (sp?) hooked up with a Great Dane and came up with this cutie.  He looks like a Brutus.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

What’s his breeding?  

Like what?  

She can bark (wolves really can’t) but she doesn’t almost at all, she is vocal other ways like snorts and grunts and little yips. Sometimes she’ll drop her head and stare at you dead-on that way, how you see wolves check things out in documentaries. She has that wolf trot/lope that is so smooth to go a long way and can really single track, putting her hind paw right where the front one lands— hard to explain but the movement is just “wolf” and not dog. 

At one point a bigger dog got a bit too curious and barky) and she raised her fur on her back from the neck all the way down to the tail. No bark or even growl back, just a glare and all business. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Sucre does it. Loves chewing on antlers. 

He plowed through the first one I gave him. This second set he's taking his time with and playing more than anything. It's turned into a game because he's supposed to stay on place with it, but he'll toss it off then pick it up and prance around the couch with it. Very proud of himself, while eyeballing me the whole time, right back to place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Aug 5 has been my happy day for the last 12 years.   Its the day I adopted my first best friend 2YO Sadie from Heart of Texas Lab Rescue and she been the greatest dog ever.  I've celebrated Aug 5 with her and eventually her new puppy sister 5 years ago (Chloe was born the first week of Aug, so lets make it Aug 5). 

I made plans on Wed, went and got some raw stew meat that was on sale at HEB, some extra hamburger. and all ready for today.

on Thurs morn, we woke up and she was drooling,  totally unable to move or stand.  Clearly an emergency.  I rushed to get sister Chloe in her crate with some food, and then picked Sadie up and got her 65 pounds into my front seat, and hauled ass to the emergency vet. 

3 hours later I am told shes most likely has a brain tumor that the swelling finally impacted her abilities.  Vet says lots of steroids will help get the swelling down. but obvious long term prognosis isnt good. 

Shes partially recovered. can now walk awkwardly  (cant walk straight and her balance is off). But she can eat and drink and is more mobile than thurs. 

So I wasnt going to let the Sadie-versary pass without celebrating. Both girls got chunks of beef.  Sadie's fighting the good fight, and if we dont have much better improvement in the next few days I will do the right thing by her.  But thats gonna fucking hurt bad.

Sadie Thurs afternoon with her shaved leg:

53093530628_d2b9d62685.jpg

and today with her sister celebrating 12 years of being the greatest adoption ever.

53095819796_62be9b07c7.jpg

couldnt get a good action shot of her with the food

53096000344_831610720e_z.jpg

53096001134_2a7ec6d5a5.jpg

Sidenote: Emergency vet wanted to charge me $5k plus sedation costs to do an MRI... are you fucking kidding me?  I can get a fucking MRI for myself, cash  without insurance for $2-3k

Anyway, I declined the MRI, shes 14 afterall and confirming a tumor doesnt help her, plus she would need to be put under to do it. 

Call A&M. When Blue was diagnosed with her liver shunt, vet charged almost $3k for a CT scan. aggy was about $600 for the one before they performed surgery.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3