Casey Thompson

Tex Long

I disagreed with Mack's extreme aversion to ever having anything approaching a QB controversy after Simms-Applewhite but I could see his rationale, chickenshit and counterproductive as it was. What I don't understand is how a coach with all his experience, success at two programs and an NC under his belt, could suddenly completely forget everything about building and maintaining an offensive line.  At some point he once knew something about it, right? How did he just start failing at every aspect of it for so long so late in his career?

• Like 1

Tebow led the team in rushing with almost 800 yards, and rushing TDs with 12 in 2008. He accounted for 42 of the team's 75 TDs. They had talent and speed everywhere like you said, but a lot was on the QB's shoulders. The only year I can think of was OSU's championship year where Zeke had almost 2k rushing. Even still JT Barrett had 1100 yards rushing.

That still doesn’t make it hero ball homie. He wasn’t trying to pull shit out of his ass play after play to move the ball or score.

Man I would love if Casey can go on a Joe Burrow run and mow down teams. Probably won't happen, but a man can dream. Our offense is clicking, Casey is a baller, and with him at the helm I feel good going against any teams right now. 

Just let me dream. 
For sure! Casey looks in complete command of the offense and a leader on the sidelines. Wish the defense had that guy that steps up and owns it. I thought it would be Overshown or Thompson.....
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:
1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:
Man I would love if Casey can go on a Joe Burrow run and mow down teams. Probably won't happen, but a man can dream. Our offense is clicking, Casey is a baller, and with him at the helm I feel good going against any teams right now. 

Just let me dream. 

For sure! Casey looks in complete command of the offense and a leader on the sidelines. Wish the defense had that guy that steps up and owns it. I thought it would be Overshown or Thompson.....

I feel you, brother. If we had the defense we would be a fucking great team, and like you said, Casey has full control of the offense. We'll just unfortunately have to score more than everyone else and hope the D gets more than just a few stops. 

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I feel you, brother. If we had the defense we would be a fucking great team, and like you said, Casey has full control of the offense. We'll just unfortunately have to score more than everyone else and hope the D gets more than just a few stops. 

Worked pretty well for Oklahoma all these years

• Like 2

Yeah for anyone who questioned why Sark went with Card over Thompson this is pretty much what must have been happening in practice. Careless with the ball and TO prone-lucky not to have thrown 3 picks. 
I’m not saying Card should be the guy or Thompson won’t come back and have a great half, or burn OU to the fucking ground, but yeah- this isn’t great right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Only someone paid for clicks or without eyeballs would make this statement.

Casey has had a shitty half, but it is in no way comparable to Card’s three-and-out parade in Fayetteville.

Hope I didn’t slow your orgasm, satya.

The actual difference is A) we can run on TCU a lot more easily and B) TCU's LBs have stone hands and dropped two would-be killer INTs.

• Hook 'Em 1

He made the same mistake on two different long throws today, throwing them too far up the field instead of throwing them horizontally in front of the receiver. It's a pretty common issue for QBs but it's very frustrating to watch. When a receiver gets past the last DB then it's a much much easier play for him and much harder for the DB to get back in the play if you throw it across the field. Fortunately Whittington saved him on the second one. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I was not able to watch today. His stats are … not good.  And Twitter isn’t healing any praise. Any real insight into what went south for him compared to Tech last week? TCU’s defense isn’t anything special.

Drops were an issue but Thompson also had some bad misses trying to throw downfield and could’ve been picked a couple more times. He did make some throws and was a plus running the ball. Generally did a good job knowing when to stand in and when to cut and run. Mixed bag overall.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I was not able to watch today. His stats are … not good.  And Twitter isn’t healing any praise. Any real insight into what went south for him compared to Tech last week? TCU’s defense isn’t anything special.

Casey had a bad game. Made some bad throws. WR dropped balls. OL (70) was weak in pass pro. Pass playcalling seemed disjointed. Pass game was just bad / sucked today.

Bijan did not suck. Defense made take aways. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I was not able to watch today. His stats are … not good.  And Twitter isn’t heaping any praise. Any real insight into what went south for him compared to Tech last week? TCU’s defense isn’t anything special.

Xavier didn’t do Casey, or anyone any favors. 

Sweater Gawd summa yous are fucking crybabies. Casey had a not-so-great game. We won the game, thanks to some timely work by Bijan-RoJo-KRob most noticeably. Other than Cjones, the OL looked mostly decent, and Okafor's injury didn't derail them. The D is still questionable.

The bottom line, for me, is that even though we didn't blow the froggies out of their stadium...  WE FUCkING WON THE FUCKING GAME. 

• Hook 'Em 7

9 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Sweater Gawd summa yous are fucking crybabies. Casey had a not-so-great game. We won the game, thanks to some timely work by Bijan-RoJo-KRob most noticeably. Other than Cjones, the OL looked mostly decent, and Okafor's injury didn't derail them. The D is still questionable.

The bottom line, for me, is that even though we didn't blow the froggies out of their stadium...  WE FUCkING WON THE FUCKING GAME. 

Exactly.  Some of yall are only happy if we win 100-0.  We arent there yet.  Be happy we got out of there with a fucking W.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Two or three additional scrambles like this might have forced TCU to change its defenses and completely opened up the field for the RBs and the receivers. Just because a QB takes off running, it doesn't mean that he has to lower his shoulder and plow into tacklers. Hopefully we'll see at least five scrambles against OU. That should do it.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Two or three additional scrambles like this might have forced TCU to change its defenses and completely opened up the field for the RBs and the receivers. Just because a QB takes off running, it doesn't mean that he has to lower his shoulder and plow into tacklers. Hopefully we'll see at least five scrambles against OU. That should do it.

Agreed. There were opportunities for some singles and doubles out there that would've relieved the pressure they were applying.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

This. I I’m hesitant to say he needs to “run more” after the entire Herman play calling fiasco, but I wouldn’t mind him scambling 3-6 times a game when the opportunity presents itself. 

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Agreed. There were opportunities for some singles and doubles out there that would've relieved the pressure they were applying.

Pretty sure Sark doesn't want him running that much, Hopefully, he lets Casey be Casey next week. Rather see him pick up 5 than throw a punt downfield into triple coverage.

Prolly [mention=1000]6th Street[/mention] with a bunch of sock accts.

We got the dub, on to the thieves. 
Casey definitely had a bad game but won on the road against a team we haven't beat at their house. Expectations should be set high for him but not a TD every drive high. And he proved he is a leader and him and Bijan are a winning combination late in the game, which he proved yesterday. Kid didn't have any of that experience last year and is now getting it.
Would you rather him have a bad game, fight through it, and learn to win before OUSux or have him think he can't do no wrong and get rattled early? Because that can easily happen during the RRS game.

1 hour ago, burdine said:

Agree that the win showed progress in the program.

I am concerned that teams are going to sell out to stop the run and short passing game and make Thompson and these receivers connect deep consistently.

We are not effectively threatening deep much.

They are going to. That's where that slant pass RPO to J-Whitt came from, and why no one was home once he turned it north. Perfect playcall by Sark.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, burdine said:

Agree that the win showed progress in the program.

I am concerned that teams are going to sell out to stop the run and short passing game and make Thompson and these receivers connect deep consistently.

We are not effectively threatening deep much.

Just think of how different this take is (which I agree with, btw) if Worthy holds on to 3 balls that he's been catching since he was 12 years old. The plays are there, Sark is getting us into positions to succeed, and kids have shown improvement week over week. I'm hopeful.

• Hook 'Em 4

So far, on offense, no childish resistance to go to what will work, and no insistence on trying to go back to the original plan and away from what is working. Logical play calling for the most part. Buy in from the players. We need better execution and about two cycles of recruiting improvement and we'll have a monster. We beat a team that has been kicking our asses and we did it on a day when our QB and our fastest receiver had less than stellar days. There is reason for optimism.  Casey will only get better. As said above, this is the kind of game that builds your team.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

17 hours ago, capnamerca said:

Just think of how different this take is (which I agree with, btw) if Worthy holds on to 3 balls that he's been catching since he was 12 years old. The plays are there, Sark is getting us into positions to succeed, and kids have shown improvement week over week. I'm hopeful.

Well, except for Xavier, as you noted...

You're exactly right, the game is extremely different if he didn't get the yips, for whatever reason. Hopefully that is the end of that for him, and he gets back to lighting it up.