2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

29 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

You might be right, but I find it hard to believe. Don't you think it's possible that candidates might still be coaching?

if we are filling all of our our WR, TE, CB, S, DT and LB positions from LSU, Clemson or the Vikings, 49ers, Titans, Ravens, Texans, Chiefs, Seahawks or Packers that would be excellent.

...but do you think that is actually the case?

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

I think we should have a major in football or sports major.

You could teach offensive and defensive theory,  coaching techniques, strength and conditioning and a kind of sales course in recruiting. 

Also,  the program would teach TV production and courses in diction,  and radio and TV commentary (Lord knows we need good commentators).  

Really what it would be is an up to date PE major. You could choose emphasis on football,  basketball or an emphasis on TV production. 

The football players that didn't want to play school could slide right in there and kids that wanted to become coaches or go in to TV would have a place to go.  

And throw in some intro business/finance classes so that the pros have a jumping off point to managing their sudden wealth, other than spend it or let hangers on grift it. 

17 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'd say Todd Orlando landed pretty fucking softly. Anybody in any other industry who performed as poorly as he did at his most recent gig would be putting in applications to trade school, not for other jobs in the same damned industry. Is "Asst-coach / LB coach" at Tech a glamour NCAA coaching gig? Fuck no. But the fact that Todd Orlando is coaching football ANYWHERE next year is a soft fucking landing for the guy.

Come on, man. He has injuries and Tom Herman he can blame. I heard Neuheisel and his sidekick on XM84 doing just that last week. The only people who think Orlando failed so disastrously are the posters here. I don't think we're the crazy ones. 

That considered, when Diaz failed out, he landed a DC gig. Orlando flopped so horribly, he couldn't land another DC role. So he fell about as hard as someone can.

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Maybe. Herman is tight lipped. But how long with no movement before we start to think these guys just stepped on their dicks?

Personally, I'm skeptical Herman can (or is even trying) to attract guys still coaching in the NFL playoffs of the college championship games. 

Robinson is staying in lit station and the aggy spring game is a couple of months away... Just what are you talking about, Sydney?

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That considered, when Diaz failed out, he landed a DC gig. Orlando flopped so horribly, he couldn't land another DC role. So he fell about as hard as someone can.

Diaz had previous sustained success he could point to, a style conflict with Akina to reference (with some degree of justification), and an albatross named Mack Brown to slow his critics' roll. I'd argue that Diaz, for all the fact that he couldn't cut it here, is a legit competent FBS DC. Orlando clearly is not.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Naivar wasn’t responsible for flipping Sterns. He was on the Sterns recruitment for a while and couldn’t get him to flip. It wasn’t until Washington took point on the recruitment that the Sterns flip happened. 

CSB I was at a function bullshitting about Green and Cook with JW a few days prior and he told me that a major flip was coming, wouldn't say who but that I'd be pleasantly surprised

• Like 1

When did they post the AC positions? And why the fuck would they not have posted 'em at the same time they did the OC and DC jobs? It's well past time for some announcements. Someone tell Michelle to whack Tom across the face with one of her huge dildos and at least try to knock some sense into him. I assume she owns at least one. If not, I've heard from aTm fans that some local UT gals own a few.

Edited by Chopper

4 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Since we’re sharing, I was singing The Eyes of Texas with DeAndre McNeal and Malik on Malikmas Eve. Well, I had to help them through all the lyrics but it was still magical.

That’s cute.  I bumped into tarrell brown in the stands and I asked him if he was committing.  He said yes

Kerry Cooks is terribad. The sooner 9.95 guys would openly trash him on radio. He was bad at recruiting and talent eval. He was considered a Stoops comfort hire and would be an awful sign if hired. Just look at the Tech DBs this year!!!! Anyway, lots have said the same thing and I am just piling on. Have we ever flown a banner against a position coach?

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

First - I was making no value judgements about how good these guys are or are not.  So, I have no idea what you are trying to say with the Hitler comment.  

Second - the story originally said Orlando was going to be Co-DC, now it says Assistant HC / LB coach.  Again, for a guy that just got fired, I'd say that is landing pretty well.  It's not like he's simply a LB coach at McNeese State.

In short, I'd say I'm fucking right, but thanks for your thoughts.

Tommerdahl was AHC (title to give them more money) and OL coach, he made $373k last year.  

Keith Patterson is still listed as their DC/LB coach @ 600k

Orlando taking a pay cut down to 1/3 or 1/4 of his previous salary and having to live in fucking Lubbock is crash landing.  

5 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Tommerdahl was AHC (title to give them more money) and OL coach, he made $373k last year.  

Orlando taking a pay cut down to 1/3 or 1/4 of his previous salary and having to live in fucking Lubbock is crash landing.  

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Maybe, but he's headed out there by blitz, so he won't even be in Lubbock until some time next November.

I just want to add that Lubbock is nicer than Alamogordo.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

well....

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Jesus are we the champion at paying outrageous salaries to chumps coaching at shitty schools

635990147260189948-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-NOT

and outside of college sports: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/07/chelsea-sacking-antonio-conte-cost-26m-accounts-roman-abramovich-danny-drinkwater 

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Since we’re sharing, I was singing The Eyes of Texas with DeAndre McNeal and Malik on Malikmas Eve. Well, I had to help them through all the lyrics but it was still magical.

i remember asking Kenny Vaccaro and Marquise Goodwin if they were "in" and South Austin's mom said "they sure are".

• Like 2

Coming soon to the University of Texas...

LBs:      Toby Neinas

TEs:      Vince Okruch

DTs:      Corey Brown

CBs:      Cory Robinson

And if Drayton bolts to the NFL, they're hiring Nunzio fucking Campanile to coach running backs. 

You'll take your Rutgers castoffs and like it, bitches, because Mensa said so.

3 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

giphy.gif

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call
And call Alice, when she was just small
When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know.

By the way, in light of the Naivar news...

Does any other dipshit want to come on here and wax philosophic about how it's completely normal for Ash to be taking his sweet ass fucking time, and how Naivar just interviewed for his job yesterday? Does anyone really fucking believe he interviewed for his job, hopped on a plane, and interviewed for Tech and got the position within 24 hours of his first interview and contact with Chris Ash? Because that's basically the narrative several people were putting forth yesterday.
Geeze, it's almost like Matt Wells was reaching out and talking to people to put together his fucking staff well in advance. 
Ash's pics are still playing.