Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Thats the million dollar question brother. Wanna drive to Austin Executive and find out for us?

I would but jeez-look at the time.  I gotta get to bed, brush my teeth, feed the hog.

I don't even know where the Executive Airport is in all honesty-but is Meyer really suspected to be on a flight here right now?  I don't think they'd bring him on campus to meet with people while Herman could actually see it happening.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Some cheapass BMD is suggesting I am sure.  "We can get him for 3 or 4 mill easy!!!"

That's elbow deep into the bargain bin.

Gotta hope it's about leverage and not sincere interest. Sarkisian gets announced and me and Tim Crowder are gonna arm the homeless population with pliers and blow torches.

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I know the flight tracker stuff is fun and all, but we're not flying Urban in to announce him as our new HC until Herman is officially shitcanned. Come on people.

Yeah, duh...we're flying him in to check out the house Shelley picked out.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I would but jeez-look at the time.  I gotta get to bed, brush my teeth, feed the hog.

I don't even know where the Executive Airport is in all honesty-but is Meyer really suspected to be on a flight here right now?  

Tell your wife I said hi

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Some cheapass BMD is suggesting I am sure.  "We can get him for 3 or 4 mill easy!!!"

No shit. That's like going from a Maybach to a Yugo. Just silly.

He went 5-4 in conference every year at UW minus one year he went 4-5, and ended up 5 games over .500

at USC he got fired his second year after starting out with a 1-2 conference record. He sucked as a HC.

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Yeah, duh...we're flying him in to check out the house Shelley picked out.

That's right. In River Place.  This has all been discussed. Please, try to keep up.  BTW I used to live in River Place.  Meyer isn't moving there. It's nice and all but not UM nice. I laughed pretty hard when I read that. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

1 minute ago, Eggo said:

Tell your wife I said hi

That's just rude man.  It's a line from "Christmas Vacation."  Get some culture, man.  And tell your wife to slim down, mine's 5'9/120#  ;)  

21 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Def. of Insanity.. Herman beat OU too. 

Did Herman win the Big 12* at fucking Iowa State?  Or did he fail to win the AAC in that league's equivalent of Texas or OU?  I swear, some of you people are deranged.  Urban Meyer is not the one and only person in the world that could win the Big 12 with Texas's resources.

*absent CG following full round robin dipshittery

I just realized this is the former Texas DE lol holy shit he's AMAZING

Nothing better than having a twitter to create a public diary of your thoughts

CLOAK'ED but I'm loving the football tweets going back

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

If that's the case just fucking keep Herman. Save the $. 

Some of you seem to be confused as to just how much Tom Herman sucks at his job, and what a disaster keeping him for another season would be for the program as a whole.

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Did Herman win the Big 12* at fucking Iowa State?  Or did he fail to win the AAC in that league's equivalent of Texas or OU?  I swear, some of you people are deranged.  Urban Meyer is not the one and only person in the world that could win the Big 12 with Texas's resources.

To be fair to Herman, he is the only UH coach thus-far to win the AAC.  I'm not saying that is a huge accomplishment, but it's not like UH has been dominating the league.

1 hour ago, Texasrocks said:

You gotta keep up man. It's now EJA664. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA664#flightPageActivityLog

On a related note, now I know I need a second monitor in my office for coaching searches.

in case this hasn't been pointed out (i'm behind) that's not an F900 and it's operated by netjets not jetlinx.

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

Are you sure? Because we've had 3 different coaches in the last 10 years who haven't won the Big 12. 

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone tweet at him to vote for Mackenzie Kelly.

Also, I think it took me over an hour to skim the last 15 pages and catch up. I can confirm to everyone what you already knew, it was a complete waste of time. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10107109

BACK OFF WAR CHILD

SERIOUSLY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That's right. In River Place.  This has all been discussed. Please, try to keep up.  BTW I used to live in River Place.  Meyer isn't moving there. It's nice and all but not UM nice. I laughed pretty hard when I read that. 

You might be taking this thread too seriously when....oh nevermind.

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Yeah, they're moving to Steiner.  Shelley is putting 3 rocks in their front yard STAT

• Hook 'Em 3

Burton:

According to a high-ranking official at The University of Texas, Urban Meyer is mulling a return to coaching.

Open issues that remain are his health and whether or not he is convinced that his hard-charging approach is “still relevant in the new era of player personal freedom.”

This report comes immediately following a trip returning from Columbus to Austin of a UT emissary less than 30 minutes ago.

Meyer’s health concerns have been mentioned previously. His approach has not.

Again, it remains a fluid situation, one where we could see twists and turns and misdirection until Tom Herman is dismissed.

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Surprised tom Allen wasn't on that list. Kick Norvell or Holtz off and add allen.

Tom Allen the former host of Country Gold on KVET?

Also, don't forget pulling fresh, tasty rug at the Double Eagle in Oak Hill.

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Burton:

According to a high-ranking official at The University of Texas, Urban Meyer is mulling a return to coaching.

Open issues that remain are his health and whether or not he is convinced that his hard-charging approach is “still relevant in the new era of player personal freedom.”

This report comes immediately following a trip returning from Columbus to Austin of a UT emissary less than 30 minutes ago.

Again, it remains a fluid situation, one where we could see twists and turns and misdirection until Tom Herman is dismissed.

Yeah Saban has really become a touchy feely coach the last couple years. Please. Not buying that excuse. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Burton:

Wonder if our impenetrable systemic softness was revealed and Urban don't want that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't even know where the Executive Airport is in all honesty-but is Meyer really suspected to be on a flight here right now?  I don't think they'd bring him on campus to meet with people while Herman could actually see it happening.  

It’s out by the race track I believe 

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

I don't think you get it. Urban Meyer is the one guy who can come in running. He can improve recruiting for 2021. He can get the right assistants in place. He can set us up for 2022. And all this is in one month's time. Anyone else would not even start before 2021.

Burton:

Just talked to Nick Saban and he said if players can't handle the heat they don't belong in the kitchen of national championship caliber teams.  Seriously, if we are worried about this we've already lost.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic