Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, closetohumping said:

Here's what Bobby didn't say:  Urban said no thanks.  So now, they're trying to workout the final details and figure out how to fire Herman.  They will not announce anything until the firing.

EXACTLY. I am 99% certain they got an answer in that meeting and it was unequivocally NOT a no... 

• Hook 'Em 1

I got it on FS1 this morning just in case. Waiting to hear back from my peripheral Panhandle peep. That’s really all I can do this morning. Lol. And post here. And laugh my ass off. Which is a good Wednesday. I think Klatt usually shows up on Cowherd’s shit on Wednesdays. Surely, the loss to Iowa State will be talked about? 

13 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Burtons report is coming directly from Eltife, I am 100% sure of that...no fucking way would they or Urban want that info getting out if it wasnt happening...not a chance. IT IS HAPPENING

who is Eltife?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We do need to consider that maybe CUM isn't the right guy with his throwback, old school coaching style. Players have changed so much since he coached in the 1970s. Oh wait, he was at Ohio State less than two years ago. This was really brought up? Seriously? The health stuff... sure. That makes sense. But if he's even throwing out a second reason, then he's coming. If the health issue was a deal killer, he wouldn't even get to reason #2. Hell, he's probably secretly using this coaching style line of bullshit to motivate himself into taking the job, "I'll show them that I can still get it done with the way I do business..."

If it was a legit concern, which i doubt, than he's done coaching.  Where is he gonna go that it isn't a concern there also, USC?  The players and culture there is softer than ours.  

Edited by RollLeft

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

EXACTLY. I am 99% certain they got an answer in that meeting and it was unequivocally NOT a no... 

Yep.  And I'm not a pumper.  But let's say Urban did say yes, would it be in the best interest for Bobby, IT, Eric, Herman, Urban, UT, Eltife, etc if Bobby said "Urban said yes."

Let's say Urban did say yes, what's your next step if you're CDC?  Workout the contract details, fire Herman.  Maybe not in that order.

I'm sure it's been covered already in the million posts but Texas will make this happen for no other reason than a new conference/TV deal is coming up shortly.  Herman herpy derpin his way to 7-5 isn't enough sizzle.  Meyer at $20M/yr would easily pay for itself with the new TV deal or new conference however that looks.

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

That's some quality alkie drinking.  Hydrating and boozing simultaneously.

spacer.png

Anything Texas can do to beat SC to UM, I'm all for.  They're giving Helton the rest of the season. Then they may be getting hot for UM.

USC's currently undefeated with two games left on their schedule against Washington State and UCLA.  One of those games is against a total creampuff of a program that hasn't been relevant for decades and the other one just lost the Pirate. If Helton wasn't fired last year, I doubt he's getting fired after going undefeated this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

This, I think, is all we know for certain at this point. An offer has clearly been made, and Urban clearly hasn't said no.  I agree with what Nahlin posted earlier in the day, that a firm no would be leaked by Thamel or Feldman before our reporters. If we don't hear that before the Big Noon show on Saturday, I think we should feel good.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

And we have a band that won’t even play it’s school song so, that doesn’t bode well.

Lol. “Yeah I almost took that $60 million dollar deal but I didn’t because the band doesn’t play this one song after the games.” 

Meyer wouldn’t give a shit about any of that. He’s not some snowflake bitch that will get his feelings hurt because people don’t like a song. He’s also a good enough coach that he’ll get the team aligned enough to not make it as big a distraction as Herman allowed it to be.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

The plane that went Tyler --> COL --> ATX with timing that lines up with Burton's report now has a bunch of competing flights stacked up in its upcoming log (i.e., impossible that all/most of them happen), but one of the forks would take it from ATX --> Llano --> Dallas --> Raleigh/Durham by day's end. Eltife and crew going to kick the tires on Plan Z in Chapel Hill?

the next time that metal flies it will be masked on flightaware like the van nuys flight.  multiple stacked flight plans = they're on to us.

• Rage+1 1

IF UM gave them a yes they aren’t going to fire Herman 3 days before a game. If they were gonna fire him in season it would’ve been last Sunday.

UM. Is still gonna be on set on Saturday. If they would’ve fired him last weekend then probably looks different.

UM knows Texas is firing Herman, why would he say he’s not agreeing to anything until it’s done? Besides for the lol’s. If UM says no Texas is still firing Herman.

Just now, Tex-19 said:

So is this Eltife meeting good, bad, or nothing new? For all we know it could've been a no or Meyer is just still deciding

I'm also starting to think CDC and co have tight control on info here and we know less than we think.

Look at the thinkin power on ol' Tex!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

USC's currently undefeated with two games left on their schedule against Washington State and UCLA.  One of those games is against a total creampuff of a program that hasn't been relevant for decades and the other one just lost the Pirate. If Helton wasn't fired last year, I doubt he's getting fired after going undefeated this year. 

Yeah, but their donors run that program, and they've seen what's on the field.  They pulled both ASU and UofA (who is BAAAD) out of their asses.  They should have 2 losses.  And their recruiting class last year was the worst in their history just about.  Don't be so sure.

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, but their donors run that program, and they've seen what's on the field.  They pulled both ASU and UofA (who is BAAAD) out of their asses.  They should have 2 losses.  And their recruiting class last year was the worst in their history just about.  Don't be so sure.

Are they as willing to money whip someone as we are?

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the next time that metal flies it will be masked on flightaware like the van nuys flight.  multiple stacked flight plans = they're on to us.

Sad, but also kinda funny, that surly is impacting the coaching search.

Just reaffirms we someone to have offical press credentials with the university pool

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I got blasted on shaggy early in Herman's tenure for having this viewpoint, and again awhile back on Surly. The argument from those who blasted me was that our players were soft and entitled and needed the Herman military drill sargeant bs to toughen them up. I completely disagreed then and still do now. This isn't the 1970's. Players and the world are different, and treating people with respect and dignity is more effective.  Saban yells at his players, but his overall conduct and approach with players isn't runny eggs and drill sargeant bs. Crowder knows what's up.

Edit: additional comment after seeing Burton's comments.  Saban and Urban understand the difference between being demanding vs bullshit gimmicks.  Yelling at a player is very different from running the team like the military.  Herman is such a dumb shit he doesn't understand the difference. Then, Herman went the other way and tried to become a player's coach.  He's been all over the place in his style of dealing with the players.

The eggs were among the best part of being in the Army. No one was getting cold, runny eggs, even in basic training. The military doesn’t even run itself like “the military.”

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol. “Yeah I almost took that $60 million dollar deal but I didn’t because the band doesn’t play this one song after the games.” 

Meyer wouldn’t give a shit about any of that. He’s not some snowflake bitch that will get his feelings hurt because people don’t like a song. He’s also a good enough coach that he’ll get the team aligned enough to not make it as big a distraction as Herman allowed it to be.

Difference in leadership imo.  Herm is a poor leader who went from Mr. tough guy to players coach in one year.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic