Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

so CDC doesn't want to hire the 2nd best coach in all of college football because it would be too easy and would take shine away from his ability to find a diamond in the rough?

the fuck?

so CDC cares about this image more than he cares about the success of Texas athletics? is that what this "source" is trying to say? cause if it is, it's fucking beyond fucking stupid.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I don't believe any of this except that I do believe Patterson is a real possible second choice. Does the guy think he can win an NC at Texas.   He may regret the whole statue thing but maybe he's good. 

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

He might be a real possibility for CDC (though I'd doubt that), but is he a real possibility for the money guys?

All I can say is that Gary Patterson is better than keeping Herman at Texas, so the boosters should be 100% behind that if CDC is left with that option. 

Just now, Tex Pete said:

In a year with lots of distractions, all the political stuff was a HUGE distraction. Most teams addressed it and moved moved forward with their seasons. Our team quite clearly did not. 

The entire A&M fan base openly revolted against their team because of similar “social” issues, and they are sitting at number 5. This team underperformed in the same ways it has underperformed in each of the past 4 seasons, and the reason is because Tom Herman and his staff are very bad at their jobs.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, burdine said:

If Kelly has ND in the playoff then he isn't even on the table anyway.

I thinking it was just an example, but a terrible one. There are no other coaches out there that would fit the Kelly mold, in TFB's scenarios. 

Stick to recruiting, TFB.

49 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That's an issue. We have the most woke University this side of Berkeley. It's a legit concern. 

Does anyone know how to scrub articles from the Internet - like the whole "cocks for glocks" thing?  That might have been just a little woke.

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Right, but those faculty/staff aren't being allowed to dictate the coaching search process or even gum up the works.  They're being ignored because football absolutely matters at UT. I won't argue that football is as important here as a place like Bama, where they pretty much have nothing else going for them, but that's a very different thing than us being at all akin to fucking Cal. 

You're questioning the importance the University places on Football and making your determination based solely off a result controlled by Meyer.  That's absolutely terrible reasoning, but not really a surprise. 

We have the President, AD, BMDs, and Regents all working in unison to reset the entire CFB coaching pay scale to bring Urban Meyer here. How is it even a question in your mind  whether Meyer will have complete and total backing if he comes here?

This is what we are told(bolded), we dont know for sure it is the case.

Also, I'm talking about the crap we have been doing for 30+ years sans the one time DKR got involved to fix our leanings to Cal/Standford.  but the fact that you wouldn't get that is not a surprise at all.

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ya! That’s such a dumb fuck lazy take. CDC gets UM (albeit with some help from BMDs) and he’s set for any future career outside of UT he wants. He walks into a room and he’s the guy that got Urban. He needs nothing else. Obviously, any smart person should and would always have a plan B. Whatever plan B is. Or multiple variations of Plan B. 

Exactly - easy to deflect away a failure to land the biggest fish in the country by intimating that he'd rather find a diamond in the rough.  Absurd.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

The entire A&M fan base openly revolted against their team because of similar “social” issues, and they are sitting at number 5. This team underperformed in the same ways it has underperformed in each of the past 4 seasons, and the reason is because Tom Herman and his staff are very bad at their jobs.

this. Herman is not good.  hes the definition of average, at Texas. To be fair,  I don't think the woke stuff from the players was huge distraction but little distractions can add up.

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

anyone have the amendment posted?

Spoiler

11:50 a.m. update: I learned via a very trusted source moments ago that BOR chairman Kevin Eltife was not in Ohio yesterday and part of the traveling party that went to Columbus.

We're still working to get details on who was actually involved in the trip, but this source was strong in saying that Eltife (who is very much leading the process) was not in Ohio.

"The real question is whether Urban wants to coach again," the source said without giving out any other details.

I've edited the original report to reflect the update. We'll keep you posted

This is still a story that we're working to gain meaningful details on, but I do want to confirm that we have been told by a source with connections to the current Texas Board of Regends that representation from UT met with Urban Meyer in Columbus for what is being described as the "first" meeting with Meyer in discussions about him becoming the next Texas head football coach.

We're still chasing details from the meeting, but it seems like a very important step in the conversations between both parties has occurred.

The ball remains in Meyer's court. We'll keep you posted as details emerge.

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:
  Hide contents

11:50 a.m. update: I learned via a very trusted source moments ago that BOR chairman Kevin Eltife was not in Ohio yesterday and part of the traveling party that went to Columbus.

We're still working to get details on who was actually involved in the trip, but this source was strong in saying that Eltife (who is very much leading the process) was not in Ohio.

"The real question is whether Urban wants to coach again," the source said without giving out any other details.

I've edited the original report to reflect the update. We'll keep you posted

This is still a story that we're working to gain meaningful details on, but I do want to confirm that we have been told by a source with connections to the current Texas Board of Regends that representation from UT met with Urban Meyer in Columbus for what is being described as the "first" meeting with Meyer in discussions about him becoming the next Texas head football coach.

We're still chasing details from the meeting, but it seems like a very important step in the conversations between both parties has occurred.

The ball remains in Meyer's court. We'll keep you posted as details emerge.

Alright Burton, what you got baby. 

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Man speaking of burgers I might swing down to Sandys downtown. Ya'll keep bringing up our Burger saga in this thread and It's lunch time. Or Pterrys, or 5guys.. possibilities are endless really..

I'm guessing there's a Short Stop closer to you. Go there. Same owners. Same burger.

7 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Maybe we need to bring Charlie back as the minister of wokeness, as he said, "if something is soft, he can make it hard"

Charlie was the opposite of woke.  I think he had the right mindset the game had just passed him by unfortunately.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Part of being bad at your job means not having everyone focused on the task at hand, which is my point.

Our team was like the little leaguers looking at squirrels while playing in the outfield. NIL, protests, etc. all before playing football. Meanwhile, other teams have been playing the game.

As has been pointed out before, if you want a platform to use, you have to be worth a shit as a player.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Sounds more like Ketch name dropped someone he shouldn't have and got ahead of himself, and someone called him up for a reprimand. That, however, would imply that Ketch actually has a line in.

Yep this is it. Doesnt want the name out there as its bad optics with no job opening

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

In a year with lots of distractions, all the political stuff was a HUGE distraction. Most teams addressed it and moved forward with their seasons. Our team quite clearly did not. 

The HUGE distraction was our shitty ass coach.  The end. 

• Hook 'Em 2

His "approach" is not anything different then any Texas high school football coach. My OL coach was a sadist, but we kicked the shit out of people. Only thing he has to say is......do you want to go to NFL and make a crap load of money and bang hookers? Then run 47 laps and shut up. Done deal.

You played at Permian?

16 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Exactly it doesn't have to be Meyer.  We bought out Mack/Charlie and soon to be Herman.  Our failure isn't for lack of trying. 

our failure is due to lack of planning and vision(and initially Mack's bitchassedness).  Our Ath Dept was busy with other things for many years.  CDC/Hartzell may have us on the right path.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Part of being bad at your job means not having everyone focused on the task at hand, which is my point.

Our team was like the little leaguers looking at squirrels while playing in the outfield. NIL, protests, etc. all before playing football. Meanwhile, other teams have been playing the game.

As has been pointed out before, if you want a platform to use, you have to be worth a shit as a player.

Fuck you for bad faith.

Our best player was one of the most involved.  Maybe he gets 10 sacks a game if he keeps his mouth shut like a good boy?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

EXACTLY. I am 99% certain they got an answer in that meeting and it was unequivocally NOT a no... 

Saturday, y'all. I don't expect anything til Saturday. Then things will start happening very quickly, imho.

40 minutes ago, satyanash said:

facepalm-animated-gif-15.gif

19 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Not saying you particularly, but people need to stop pretending that student protests/political activity are the cause of this team's mediocrity just because they want to believe it to support their own political views. Every team in the top 5 had players going to protests this summer.  Hell, Saban went with his players at least one time. Dabo certainly doesn't support most of his players' viewpoint but it's still business as usual for Clemson.

They did it -- and it was over. Ours festered. And was still an issue as the season progressed. I'm sure Urban wants to make sure this was because Herman fucked up -- not because of something CDC or the administration did or continues to do. If Urban takes the job, Herman is gone. That's clear. But if he's not the sole root of the problem, it could still be an issue.

13 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

He might be a real possibility for CDC (though I'd doubt that), but is he a real possibility for the money guys?

This is correct.  The big joke here is that there is no real coaching search happening - it’s simply a smoke screen.    It’s either UM and a funded buyout or stay with TH.   CDC won’t be able to get the buyout from the BMD for any of the scrubs out there.   

if he does get the buyout for a Fickel or a Patterson, my hats off to him.   Ice, eskimos, sales, whatnot...

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic