Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, Yuk said:

Fuck you for bad faith.

Our best player was one of the most involved.  Maybe he gets 10 sacks a game if he keeps his mouth shut like a good boy?

Fuck yourself.

It has quite clearly been a problem with THIS TEAM that it has not been with others. I did not name specific players. Ossai obviously knows how to handle himself, while some other players needed more guidance from the adults charged with leading them.

I am not saying they should not have spoken up. I am saying they should have been able to transition to the task at hand (as Ossai did). Instead we had players not showing up to fall camp and then deciding later to come, we had another player quit the team in the season then come back. Then the whole "Eyes" issue several games into the season.

It's obvious that the adult leadership was not adequate. If you suck, you have no platform.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

All I can say is that Gary Patterson is better than keeping Herman at Texas, so the boosters should be 100% behind that if CDC is left with that option. 

the difference between Urban's offer and what we'd have to pay Patterson probably covers most of the buyout of Herman so it could be close to wash money-wise.  Holy hell if we don't fire Herman we are fucked.

34 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB Ice Water

Hide contents

***First, in terms of where things are with Urban Meyer, we continue to hold the same position we’ve held for a bit now. Meyer is who Texas wants, they’re willing to pay a lot of money for him, there is a chance he ends up at Texas but we’d say it’s not a great one at the moment.

***But in trying to figure out what direction Chris Del Conte (CDC) might go should Meyer not work out, I spoke with someone who has worked with CDC.

***Source said that CDC is the type that wants to make a splash hire but said that he also is the type who would want the hire to be ‘his hire’. In the case of Urban, the play is just too big to say no too, but source seemed to indicate that it’s not necessarily his style to look for someone who wouldn’t be CDC’s guy. In other words, not sure you get a ton of credit as an AD for throwing a bazillion dollars at one of the best coaches of this generation.

***Source did add that they wouldn’t be surprised if the idea of replacing Herman with Urban, given there is a bit of a divide between the two, isn’t sitting well with CDC. Said it’s not his style to attract that kind of story, if you will.

***In terms of where he would turn if Urban didn’t take the job, source said that CDC is going to go after his guy. If it’s not Urban though, source believes CDC is going to stake his reputation on this next hire – as in, he will take the credit and the blame for it. Someone like Brian Kelly would be a safe hire in that an AD isn’t losing his job for hiring Kelly and it not working out. That’s like landing a 5-star that doesn’t work out. You lose your job when you stand on the table for a 2-star and it doesn’t work out. But source said, CDC will want this hire to be about his choice and he will want the hire tied to him. Source believes CDC is that confident in his ability to find the right guy.

***In other words, it may not be the hire the fan base wants but it’ll be the hire CDC believes can win. Although at this point, short of Nick and Dabo, I’m not sure CDC can appease the fan base.

***I asked the source if he felt like CDC would return to his old stomping grounds and try to bring Gary Patterson in. Source said, he wouldn’t be surprised if he had an informal conversation with him but couldn’t say whether it would be anymore than that. Source said, Gary was actually offered the TAMU job before Jimbo and apparently Gary turned it down.

***I do know that Patterson doesn’t involve himself with the offense at all and we know what Gary can do when his defense is paired with a good offense. So, should the Urban Meyer thing not work out, I for one would have no problem seeing Gary and a guy like Graham Harrell at Texas. I know that probably won’t be a popular take here but after reading tweets and comments this past week, again, Urban Meyer’s name ruined the chance of a large swath of Texas fans being open to much else.

Boo this man

Just now, satyanash said:

And the usual suspects whine about it because they myopically jump to blame Sam for our offensive issues.

We would be more productive if Sam could hit open receivers in stride. And if we didn't overthrow 30 yard bombs on 2nd and 6 when we need to sustain a drive.

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB Ice Water

Reveal hidden contents

***First, in terms of where things are with Urban Meyer, we continue to hold the same position we’ve held for a bit now. Meyer is who Texas wants, they’re willing to pay a lot of money for him, there is a chance he ends up at Texas but we’d say it’s not a great one at the moment.

***But in trying to figure out what direction Chris Del Conte (CDC) might go should Meyer not work out, I spoke with someone who has worked with CDC.

***Source said that CDC is the type that wants to make a splash hire but said that he also is the type who would want the hire to be ‘his hire’. In the case of Urban, the play is just too big to say no too, but source seemed to indicate that it’s not necessarily his style to look for someone who wouldn’t be CDC’s guy. In other words, not sure you get a ton of credit as an AD for throwing a bazillion dollars at one of the best coaches of this generation.

***Source did add that they wouldn’t be surprised if the idea of replacing Herman with Urban, given there is a bit of a divide between the two, isn’t sitting well with CDC. Said it’s not his style to attract that kind of story, if you will.

***In terms of where he would turn if Urban didn’t take the job, source said that CDC is going to go after his guy. If it’s not Urban though, source believes CDC is going to stake his reputation on this next hire – as in, he will take the credit and the blame for it. Someone like Brian Kelly would be a safe hire in that an AD isn’t losing his job for hiring Kelly and it not working out. That’s like landing a 5-star that doesn’t work out. You lose your job when you stand on the table for a 2-star and it doesn’t work out. But source said, CDC will want this hire to be about his choice and he will want the hire tied to him. Source believes CDC is that confident in his ability to find the right guy.

***In other words, it may not be the hire the fan base wants but it’ll be the hire CDC believes can win. Although at this point, short of Nick and Dabo, I’m not sure CDC can appease the fan base.

***I asked the source if he felt like CDC would return to his old stomping grounds and try to bring Gary Patterson in. Source said, he wouldn’t be surprised if he had an informal conversation with him but couldn’t say whether it would be anymore than that. Source said, Gary was actually offered the TAMU job before Jimbo and apparently Gary turned it down.

***I do know that Patterson doesn’t involve himself with the offense at all and we know what Gary can do when his defense is paired with a good offense. So, should the Urban Meyer thing not work out, I for one would have no problem seeing Gary and a guy like Graham Harrell at Texas. I know that probably won’t be a popular take here but after reading tweets and comments this past week, again, Urban Meyer’s name ruined the chance of a large swath of Texas fans being open to much else.

This is not ice water. This is a bucket of nothing.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck yourself.

It has quite clearly been a problem with THIS TEAM that it has not been with others. I did not name specific players. Ossai obviously knows how to handle himself, while some other players needed more guidance from the adults charged with leading them.

I am not saying they should not have spoken up. I am saying they should have been able to transition to the task at hand (as Ossai did). Instead we had players not showing up to fall camp and then deciding later to come, we had another player quit the team in the season then come back. It's obvious that the adult leadership was not adequate. If you suck, you have no platform.

I think there is some middle ground here(kind of like being between Bama and Cal)given Covid gave folks more free time than usual and the normal schedules were all f'd up.

Joel Klatt was on Cowherd just now and they talked about Texas and how they want to replace Tom. No mention or references to Urban. Whatever is happening, nobody is saying shit.

All the 9.95ers are throwing shit out there, everyone wants to be the first to say it either happened or didn't.

Edited by Pam Cummings

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck yourself.

I am not saying they should not have spoken up. I am saying they should have been able to transition to the task at hand (as Ossai did). Instead we had players not showing up to fall camp and then deciding later to come, we had another player quit the team in the season then come back. Then the whole "Eyes" issue several games into the season.

It's obvious that the adult leadership was not adequate. If you suck, you have no platform.

This goes back to Herman's overall failure as the leader of this team. It's not like we're noticeably worse this season. We look pretty much the same as last year. Also, the teams with strong head coaches made it through fine.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck yourself.

This team is mediocre just like they've been Herman's entire tenure.  The protests distractions are a new variable for 2020 only.  I am sure they didn't help anything, but they are way down the list on problems with the program.

Just now, dcar00 said:

I think there is some middle ground here(kind of like being between Bama and Cal)given Covid gave folks more free time than usual and the normal schedules were all f'd up.

I actually thought Herman did a good job in the midst of it all in the summer. He let the players react and supported their actions. But as time progressed, he did not steer them into fall mode. To me, that comes down to relationships. His relationships with his individual players were not strong enough for him to sit down with them, hear them, encourage them, and guide them. That is all his fault.

Maybe he was too busy banging Kendra Scott at the time to do his job that he is paid handsomely for.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Joel Klatt was on Cowherd just now and they talked about Texas and how they want to replace Tom. No mention or references to Urban. Whatever is happening, nobody is saying shit.

All the 9.95ers are throwing shit out there, everyone wants to be the first to say it either happened or didn't.

What were you expecting to happen? Klatt wasn't going to come out and say "Hint hint, one of my esteemed coworkers may be wearing burnt orange soon!" 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

This team is mediocre just like they've been Herman's entire tenure.  The protests distractions are a new variable for 2020 only.  I am sure they didn't help anything, but they are way down the list on problems with the program.

When the fans and players are openly against each other several games into the season (Eyes after OU), causing the AD to get involved, it is not just a problem down the list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trythisathome said:

What were you expecting to happen? Klatt wasn't going to come out and say "Hint hint, one of my esteemed coworkers may be wearing burnt orange soon!" 

Idk, i think it is a good sign. It would be fun for them to speculate about Urban on a national show. Maybe someone talked to Joel and told him not to mention it?

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

We would be more productive if Sam could hit open receivers in stride. And if we didn't overthrow 30 yard bombs on 2nd and 6 when we need to sustain a drive.

And we're not blaming Sam. He's not that guy to elevate us like a fields or Lawrence. He never was. Good college player. Not a national championship qb unless he has ballers all around.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

So king Roach snubbed the aggies eh.  Nice.

Who in their right fucking mind would want to work for John Sharp? Patterson has been around Texas long enough to know that culture.

Bilbo had no fucking clue what he was stepping into other than the ($75M) until he walked off the plane to a bunch of fake army guys playing tubas.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Sounds more like Ketch name dropped someone he shouldn't have and got ahead of himself

Which would totally be on brand for Ketch. When he does have info he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut (see Kyler Murray recruitment)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

When the fans and players are openly against each other several games into the season (Eyes after OU), causing the AD to get involved, it is not just a problem down the list.

I meant down the list as to why we suck?  If Floyd never happened would this team beat TCU, OU, or ISU?

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I meant down the list as to why we suck?  If Floyd never happened would this team beat TCU, OU, or ISU?

I have no idea. But when team captains are part of a team's problems, you have locker room culture issues.

Captains should be the guys rallying the troops to take care of business. Not on this team. That falls on the captains, but even moreso on their head coach.

11 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Does he or does he not want our collective $9.95?

32 minutes ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Sounds more like Ketch name dropped someone he shouldn't have and got ahead of himself, and someone called him up for a reprimand. That, however, would imply that Ketch actually has a line in.

Geoff Ketchum should be banned from our program like Hamm was at aggy. He is an insufferable douche who constantly elevates his own interests above the program's, and has no regard for the damage he may cause the program. And he makes his money off of supporters OF the program.

People should stop giving his site money. Cut his ass off.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic