Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Joel Klatt was on Cowherd just now and they talked about Texas and how they want to replace Tom. No mention or references to Urban. Whatever is happening, nobody is saying shit.

All the 9.95ers are throwing shit out there, everyone wants to be the first to say it either happened or didn't.

And this is how you know it’s likely happening

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

What about anything coming in from Marble Falls, Pflugerville or Georgetown?

I checked horseshoe bay. Didn’t see anything last night. Will check again

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 936horn said:

Netjets is for lack of a better word, a plane sharing program. They flex their fleet of planes for different clients on the same day. The important flights were between Columbus and Austin. Almost a guarantee there is another Netjets user flying the other flights on the schedule.

Pretty much, and there are other companies out there doing similar. You effectively lease you plane to netjets, and when it flies you get a cut. You can use it as much as you wish, but when it's idle then they use it. Owner pays for fuel, crew, etc. If you need you plane in a hot second, and it's off in Ohio or somewhere else, they allow you to use another in the fleet.

They also offer fractional ownership. It's pretty much the same concept as a time share. You're buying a % of the plane, which allows you to use it x% of the time. Pretty wild type of company, but it works out pretty well. Easy to see something flying for them, but not be able to figure out the underlying details.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

My favorite part is the departure scheduled from OKC tomorrow when there are no arrivals in or near OKC before then. 

If you take one of the best coaches in program history away, then a lot of programs will look like Cal on the field, but you're once again missing the point of the conversation.  The Cal talk is not about football results. It's about how much the University cares about football. We are nowhere near Cal in that department and it could not be more obvious from our pursuit of Meyer. 

That's the whole point.  UT's Admin is showing you and you're still missing it.  We're going after a guy who left his last two universities in very messy situations and offering to top the market by $3 million per year. If Meyer says no, it won't be UT's fault. We've pretty clearly done all we can to get him. 

That isn't going to be the same plane. Look at the upcoming flights listed for today. Yeah, not happening with just one plane. Exception to that is if they're just filing flight plans with no idea of where they really want to go.

50 minutes ago, burdine said:

We care about athletics and have a long history of success but it's not the No. 1 thing in our identity.

No, it's No. 2....

Texas FOOTBALL

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I have no idea. But when team captains are part of a team's problems, you have locker room culture issues.

Captains should be the guys rallying the troops to take care of business. Not on this team. That falls on the captains, but even moreso on their head coach.

I agree as to the absolute lack of focus and leadership on this team. That's on the HC and we are hopefully rectifying that, but has been a problem for everyone of our teams since 2010, not just 2020.  If the protests didn't happen, this team would still have a lack of leadership and focus.

Edited by Gene Parmesan

24 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Put me in the move on from Sam at QB for next season camp.

I don't think it will be Sam's option. Urban will tell him if he wants him back or not.

With that said, Urban will know that keeping Sam on more year will grant him his easiest path to the most wins in his first season, and get him a cleaner path to starting Ewers when he arrives. Urban could just tell Sam he would be used like Tebow was and just by having Urban as a coach would mean Sam might get another run at the Heisman.

I don't care one way or another, but I could easily see UM asking Sam to stick around.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Joel Klatt was on Cowherd just now and they talked about Texas and how they want to replace Tom. No mention or references to Urban. Whatever is happening, nobody is saying shit.

All the 9.95ers are throwing shit out there, everyone wants to be the first to say it either happened or didn't.

That’s why you come here to surly and post anonymously what you know. Shit we are almost to 200 pages in this thread. Then you don’t get the warning from the higher ups on ur white courtesy phone or bat phone in Ketch’s case. Everyone just wants to out scoop the other. When in reality, if you don’t blow your source(s) you might get rewarded later. 

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I don't think it will be Sam's option. Urban will tell him if he wants him back or not.

With that said, Urban will know that keeping Sam on more year will grant him his easiest path to the most wins in his first season, and get him a cleaner path to starting Ewers when he arrives. Urban could just tell Sam he would be used like Tebow was and just by having Urban as a coach would mean Sam might get another run at the Heisman.

I don't care one way or another, but I could easily see UM asking Sam to stick around.

That’s fair, I just think our offense has more potential with a QB with better accuracy and end of game decision making. Love Sam but I think it’s time to move on.

4 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Coach Bro flying commercial?

it's a bombardier global express, 2nd-largest bizjet (only the G650 is larger).  48-foot interior cabin length.   kal site indicates they own the XRS version with 13 seats in big kahuna config.

https://www.koreanair.com/content/koreanair/global/en/business-jet-services.html#Fleet

1 minute ago, Get ln My Van said:

That’s fair, I just think our offense has more potential with a QB with better accuracy and end of game decision making. Love Sam but I think it’s time to move on.

Sam has regressed badly this year. Possibly worse than 2017. But I just want to put it out there that he was a really good passer last year. A lot of people are saying he only had one good year in 2018 but he was dropping dimes all over last year. 

Sam is gone regardless so the entire hypothetical is moot.

28 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Which would totally be on brand for Ketch. When he does have info he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut (see Kyler Murray recruitment)

This - Ketch has done more harm than good for this program. I have no idea why UT seems to attract shitheads like Bowels, FCB & Ketch that seem hell bent on fucking the program over at every turn. I guess drama sells more than good times. Fuck all of them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic