Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

That has potential interest. Sneak in the day before, relax for the evening, short hop next day. 

This makes more sense than looking at AUS/CMH for the most part. If they want to sneak, this is one of many, many ways. 

chicken fried lobster and a shitty wine menu FTW.

1 minute ago, troph said:

people saying he doesn't need the money?  Anyone saying he doesn't need money doesn't understand money.

I bet he's worth $10M now and has a comfy gig making $300-500K at Fox, pure speculation.  Add $50M to that after tax and walking around money, he's adding at least $15M to his net worth after taxes and and everything.  There's a big difference between $10M and $25M when you're talking about easy street.  $10M yields $600,000 in passive income at a historical rate of 6% return in the market.  $25M returns $1.5M.  If they are living off $2M a year while at Texas they could retire with passive income close to that amount.  That's a huge step up.  $600K is nothing to sneeze at but you aren't even close to FUPM wealth status.  $25M gets you close, plus if he does well, he's wheels are greased for years to come making cash in deals.  The man actually needs a graceful exit from a program that has wheelers/dealers and this could be it. 

His net worth currently shows at $35M and his current salary at Fox is apparently over $7M/year.

Just throwing numbers out though, not at all disputing your assertation.

54 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Y'all should really give this request a little attention. Just some friendly advice.

I didn't find anything around 11:45, but I did notice a couple interesting things. 

The plane we were tracking yesterday that went from Tyler to Columbus returned to Austin this morning instead of Tyler. Maybe it's nothing, or maybe it was carrying 3 national title rings back with it. You never know...

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA664/history/20201202/1130Z/KCMH/KEDC

Also, that Skilken plane that @derpyhorndog noted a while back has a scheduled arrival in Austin this evening at 5:12 PM

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KEDC/arrivals?;offset=0;order=actualarrivaltime;sort=ASC

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

His net worth currently shows at $35M and his current salary at Fox is apparently over $7M/year.

That salary is from his last year coaching. Fox is not paying him $7m/yr lol.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

How fun would it be if they were actually flying private jets around the states building an all star staff? I am picturing a movie montage of Urban jumping on a jet and flying around pickup up coaches until the plane is full and landing in Austin. Just need a song that brings the picture together. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I'm not shocked about his net worth, I don't recall what he made in FLA and was just spitballing about tOSU.  I am quite surprised about his Fox salary that's pretty damn rich.  no wonder Texas is having to up to $12M.

As to $35M net worth, okay now he gets to go from pretty close to FUPM wealth to actual FUPM wealth with the Texas gig which means after Texas, the private jet is his and it ain't a Cessna.  principles still apply.  frankly they rarely stop applying.  the only trick is to figure out when to force yourself out of the race and for type A's that really doesn't happen.  Shit I'm a two-bit corporate lawyer and small time wheeler-dealer and I know I'll work in some capacity until I'm completely unable.  I can't imagine how driven that guy is.

Edited by troph

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

How fun would it be if they were actually flying private jets around the states building an all star staff? I am picturing a movie montage of Urban jumping on a jet and flying around pickup up coaches until the plane is full and landing in Austin. Just need a song that brings the picture together. 

I know that's not happening, but it would be bad ass.

Edited by hobbs

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Source said that CDC is the type that wants to make a splash hire but said that he also is the type who would want the hire to be ‘his hire’. In the case of Urban, the play is just too big to say no too, but source seemed to indicate that it’s not necessarily his style to look for someone who wouldn’t be CDC’s guy. In other words, not sure you get a ton of credit as an AD for throwing a bazillion dollars at one of the best coaches of this generation.

Horseshit. He will be treated like a God.

BBs + Box + Meyer + Austin = $$$$$$

Hook'em 

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Like when they tracked down all the roughnecks to be astronauts in Armageddon...walking into Horseshoe Bay like this

barack obama cine GIF

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Yeah, but does Urban want to keep working with the other FOX Assholes??

CFB-Studio-Lineup.jpg

brad pitt wink GIF by Tech Noir

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

ocean GIF by vrt

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agree with this, say what you want about Beck as an OC, but Beck as a QB coach was a witch. Sam's completion percentage was over 65% last year I believe. 

Counterpoint: Speaks to the ability of CJ and LJH, with their insane catch radiuses, and Duvernay, who’s dropped like one pass ever.

Hello Texas from Urban Cowboy soundtrack.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I'm not shocked about his net worth, I don't recall what he made in FLA and was just spitballing about tOSU.  I am quite surprised about his Fox salary that's pretty damn rich.  no wonder Texas is having to up to $12M.

As to $35M net worth, okay now he gets to go from pretty close to FUPM wealth to actual FUPM wealth with the Texas gig which means after Texas, the private jet is his and it ain't a Cessna.  principles still apply.  frankly they rarely stop applying.  the only trick is to figure out when to force yourself out of the race and for type A's that really doesn't happen.  Shit I'm a two-bit corporate lawyer and small time dealer and I know I'll work in some capacity until I'm completely unable.  I can't imagine how driven that guy is.

I was corrected on the Fox salary. Apparently it is close to $1.1M.

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I'd imagine he's making in the neighborhood of $3M. Someone comes and tells you they'll pay you 4x that amount to do what you love....

and that gig is absolutely still there in 10 years.  coaching probably not.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Like when they tracked down all the roughnecks to be astronauts in Armageddon...walking into Horseshoe Bay like this

barack obama cine GIF

Urban (Bruce Willis) walks into DKR and just starts tearing shit apart. "That's not how I designed this!"

Herman (Steve Buscemi) stays on staff. 

Let's just hope Urban doesn't kill himself saving the Texas (the planet).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

46E072B7-397A-4AC4-8C88-068CB810B788.gif.c7eadbde91e3940a0744d9e0052d25f7.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

So, what you're saying is, Meyerland could put together a..... "dream team?"

Let's hope it doesn't look like this:

TheDreamTeam.gif

Keaton-Lloyd-Boyle-Furst-The-Dream-Team-1989.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

I was corrected on the Fox salary. Apparently it is close to $1.1M.

yeah, it's just math.  but the appeal of next level wealth whatever it is drives most of us to want it.  we 37 steps below his wealth can't understand why he'd want the next level, but it's the same calculus we have for wanting our next level.  He's not at FUPM wealth at $35M, he's close.  If I was close to FUPM wealth at 56 and I loved doing my craft, I would absolutely want to trade in a booster cessna for my own.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, troph said:

As to $35M net worth, okay now he gets to go from pretty close to FUPM wealth to actual FUPM wealth with the Texas gig which means after Texas, the private jet is his and it ain't a Cessna.  principles still apply.  frankly they rarely stop applying.  the only trick is to figure out when to force yourself out of the race and for type A's that really doesn't happen.  Shit I'm a two-bit corporate lawyer and small time wheeler-dealer and I know I'll work in some capacity until I'm completely unable.  I can't imagine how driven that guy is.

Bottom line is 60 million dollars is worth a lot to anyone.  Nobody is turning down that kind of money unless for good reason.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Agree with this, say what you want about Beck as an OC, but Beck as a QB coach was a witch. Sam's completion percentage was over 65% last year I believe. 

Sam's completion %-age was 65,2% in 2019 (3rd in the Big 12) and 64,7% in 2018 (4th). But people would rather believe that he just magically decided to suck this year, and it has nothing to do with Collin Johnson and Devin Duvernay being replaced by non-factors like Schooler and Washington, Tariq Black constantly fumbling and dropping anything thrown his way, and an undersized Joshua Moore playing out of position. Nor does it have anything to do with Hand getting exposed as a horrible O-line coach who couldn't coach the unit to execute Yurcich's run game and who moved our best RT to center because he didn't have a plan for life after Shack. And let's not forget Herman's complete lack of offensive game-planning forcing him to constantly play hero ball and get beaten to hell with no margin for error to save games late, or the total lack of RB depth after Robinson and Rojo because Ingram can't secure the damn ball.

No, let's handwave that all away and pretend that things will all be better once Sam is gone 🙄

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I find it quite strange how two planes are going to be going to Dekalb Peachtree at the same time.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA589/history/20201203/1330Z/KBTR/KPDK

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JTL512/history/20201203/1330Z/KLUK/KPDK

Am I fishing too much or is this just ironic?

dude.

JetLinx512 is now going to Tampa from DeKalb.  Shelley Meyer tweeted she was going to Tampa (to whatever Key) for this weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic