Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I just realized this is the former Texas DE lol holy shit he's AMAZING

Nothing better than having a twitter to create a public diary of your thoughts

CLOAK'ED but I'm loving the football tweets going back

Please, no politics here. If you’d like to discuss Mr Crowder further, please forward his tweets to the local authorities in CR. Thank you for your cooperation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yeah Saban has really become a touchy feely coach the last couple years. Please. Not buying that excuse. 

Agree. I bet it’s misdirection until Herman is terminated. If these are the little issues, I think it’s a yes but wants nothing leaked to the media since he’s not fired.

3 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Just talked to Nick Saban and he said if players can't handle the heat they don't belong in the kitchen of national championship caliber teams.  Seriously, if we are worried about this we've already lost.

Urban isn't worried about his approach.  He IS worried about our school and our culture SUPPORTING his approach.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I just heard that Chris del Conte opened the plane door, looked at Urban and Shelley and said, "I just want to tell you both, good luck...we're all counting on you."  

And my sources are far better than any of yours.  

22 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I know the flight tracker stuff is fun and all, but we're not flying Urban in to announce him as our new HC until Herman is officially shitcanned. Come on people.

Don’t rain on our parade.  

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Urban isn't worried about his approach.  He IS worried about our school and our culture SUPPORTING his approach.  

Fair considering the uneven way the summer was handled. Easy pitch to overcome that: Tom Herman had the primary input there, as you would once you sign *right* *here*.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Agree. I bet it’s misdirection until Herman is terminated. If these are the little issues, I think it’s a yes but wants nothing leaked to the media since he’s not fired.

Exactly. We don’t get this far down the path for big issues to typically pop up. Specifically ones which are blatantly obvious considerations from Day 1. 

The fact that any real information is lacking and we're seeing a lot of rehashing of shit from days/weeks ago to keep the clicks coming should be a strong indication that this is not the clown show to which we’ve become accustomed.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Eric Nahlin

Recruiting Editor

Staff member
Texas has a pitch to overcome these concerns, btw.

I don't know if this is true or not, but let's just say that Nahlin would fit in really well in the Eyes of Texas/Daily Texan NO POLITICS ALLOWED threads, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Fair considering the uneven way the summer was handled. Easy pitch to overcome that: Tom Herman had the primary input there, as you would once you sign *right* *here*.

I think I would take the approach, "This is just consent for you to fly on our private jet. Sign here and here. Thanks."

And we have our new coach.

Just now, pearlandhorn said:

CSB incoming

I knew Kevin Eltife when I was growing up.  My mom worked for him when he was mayor of Tyler.  He went to our church.  Really good guy.

/CSB

Hey, a Tyler guy! My parents went to high school with Eltife, and he is somewhat of a family friend.  Agree he is good people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Hey, a Tyler guy! My parents went to high school with Eltife, and he is somewhat of a family friend.  Agree he is good people. 

Where'd he go to high school?  He was born and raised in Tyler, I know that.  Not sure if he went to Lee or a private school though.

Our BMD are not funding buyouts of Tom and his Merry band of dolts for Sark or Matt Campbell.  They are funding it to hire the guy that has bad motherfucker written on his wallet.  BMD tend to be a bit older and they don't have the time to wait around for a maybe if they want to enjoy another NC.  They need a winner and they'll pay for it.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Burton:

According to a high-ranking official at The University of Texas, Urban Meyer is mulling a return to coaching.

Open issues that remain are his health and whether or not he is convinced that his hard-charging approach is “still relevant in the new era of player personal freedom.”

This report comes immediately following a trip returning from Columbus to Austin of a UT emissary less than 30 minutes ago.

Meyer’s health concerns have been mentioned previously. His approach has not.

Again, it remains a fluid situation, one where we could see twists and turns and misdirection until Tom Herman is dismissed.

Which flight was that? 

3 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Our BMD are not funding buyouts of Tom and his Merry band of dolts for Sark or Matt Campbell.  They are funding it to hire the guy that has bad motherfucker written on his wallet.  BMD tend to be a bit older and they don't have the time to wait around for a maybe if they want to enjoy another NC.  They need a winner and they'll pay for it.  

I don't know if we have much of a choice.  Can't keep Tom right?

2 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Chip was taking a shot at Herman with the whole looking at Sark or Campbell, what he should have said was BMD’s are kicking the tires on Dana Holgorsen 

Have a buddy who played golf with Holgerson. Won some charity golf with Dana thing from UoH. Had a 8am-ish tee time. Said Holgerson showed up with beer in hand and was talking about all the young ass in the area where he lived. How it was walking distance to a lot of bars.

Yea, if Texas has a worry about hiring dudes who like to drink, Holgerson will be vetted out quickly.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Burton:

According to a high-ranking official at The University of Texas, Urban Meyer is mulling a return to coaching.

Open issues that remain are his health and whether or not he is convinced that his hard-charging approach is “still relevant in the new era of player personal freedom.”

This report comes immediately following a trip returning from Columbus to Austin of a UT emissary less than 30 minutes ago.

Meyer’s health concerns have been mentioned previously. His approach has not.

Again, it remains a fluid situation, one where we could see twists and turns and misdirection until Tom Herman is dismissed.

That means we had the right flight. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Have a buddy who played golf with Holgerson. Won some charity golf with Dana thing from UoH. Had a 8am-ish tee time. Said Holgerson showed up with beer in hand and was talking about all the young ass in the area where he lived. How it was walking distance to a lot of bars.

Yea, if Texas has a worry about hiring dudes who like to drink, Holgerson will be vetted out quickly.

Did I just time warp back to 2010?

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Yea, if Texas has a worry about hiring dudes who like to drink win, Holgerson will be vetted out quickly.

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic