19 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

I wouldn’t brush this off man, I think it’s pretty accurate. there’s been a lot of boasting here in our cabal about how Trump is toast but I haven’t seen anything yet that makes me believe he isn’t president on Inauguration Day +1.

go look at the DT thread, you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think there’s a greater number of them then there are of us. they are foaming at the mouth to vote this fucker in again either out of spite, ignorance, hate, idiocy, deep-seated bigotry, or any other justification they need to “take back their country”. those with shit to lose just realized that their own self interests/motives are better served by being a little more subtle. and it’s not really a novel concept, see Dave Chappelle’s bit on how asking a white male who they’re voting for president is a big no-no.

AB aka HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE FUCKING NAMED is a perfect example.

it doesn’t hurt that the mods basically have rolled over and capitulated into letting them stake their claim in DT.

1. Do you think Trump has gained a single voter in the last 4 years?

2. Do you think the turnout for Biden will be worse than for Hillary?

40 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump is pissed about all the love for Obama right now. 

manorities

9 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

I wouldn’t brush this off man, I think it’s pretty accurate. there’s been a lot of boasting here in our cabal about how Trump is toast but I haven’t seen anything yet that makes me believe he isn’t president on Inauguration Day +1.

go look at the DT thread, you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think there’s a greater number of them then there are of us. they are foaming at the mouth to vote this fucker in again either out of spite, ignorance, hate, idiocy, deep-seated bigotry, or any other justification they need to “take back their country”. those with shit to lose just realized that their own self interests/motives are better served by being a little more subtle. and it’s not really a novel concept, see Dave Chappelle’s bit on how asking a white male who they’re voting for president is a big no-no.

AB aka HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE FUCKING NAMED is a perfect example.

it doesn’t hurt that the mods basically have rolled over and capitulated into letting them stake their claim in DT.

I wouldn't take much stock in how social media appears.  This board is built on Texas football fanship.  At least it was 10 years ago back when Texas used to field college level football teams.  It skews heavily toward male and white demographics.  The city-data forum for NYC is practically Texags.  The Facebook groups for my neighborhood in NYC may actually be worse than Texags and my neighborhood votes almost 90% Dem.   

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

No it isn't.  Armybrat is a big boy.  He can fully own everything he posts.

Perhaps we viewed AB's viewpoint upside down.

13 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

1. Do you think Trump has gained a single voter in the last 4 years?

2. Do you think the turnout for Biden will be worse than for Hillary?

What about all the voters that are mad because someone called them a racist on the internet because they said something racist?  They tell you they aren't racist, but just because you called them a racist, they are going to vote for a racist instead of your guy.   I know zero of those guys voted for Hillary last time and voted Trump already.  But maybe 4 or 5 of them actually voted for Gary Johnson, but will vote Trump this time.

The electoral college needs to be tweaked to percentages. For example, if a state has 50 electoral college points and the vote there was 45 percent republican and 46 percent democrat then the republican gets 22.5 points and democrat gets 23 points. Do all the states and add up and higher number wins. That way every vote actually counts. 
That's just an unnecessarily complicated way of doing a straight popular vote.

That's a whole lot of "I did" instead of "I'm doing" or "I've done". He is starting to believe that he's going to lose the election. 
That could actually be a bad thing. 
Was going to make the same comment.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:
The electoral college needs to be tweaked to percentages. For example, if a state has 50 electoral college points and the vote there was 45 percent republican and 46 percent democrat then the republican gets 22.5 points and democrat gets 23 points. Do all the states and add up and higher number wins. That way every vote actually counts. 

That's just an unnecessarily complicated way of doing a straight popular vote.

It wouldn't be a popular vote.  It would just be closer to one.  It would still be weighted towards rural states because every state gets 2 electors for their 2 senators.

Edited by FondrenRoad

go look at the DT thread, you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think there’s a greater number of them then there are of us.

Trump lost by two or three million votes and has spent his entire presidency with disapproval > 50 percent.

They have never not been a minority.

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

You know what, people who are friends or tolerate racists are fucking racists. It's a position that is reprehensible and is only combated by intolerance. If you are friends with racists or support racists you are a fucking racist piece of shit. 

Careful, you're talking about a large chunk of your registered members and even some of your paying subscribers.  We act like this is the place to be for enlightened, educated, mask-wearing Texans who merely differ on fiscal policy.  But we are harboring hundreds of racist assholes.  I say this as a once proud Republican who sees a website so intimately connected to the University of Texas being divisively associated with ignorance and systemic racism.  

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

You know what, people who are friends or tolerate racists are fucking racists. It's a position that is reprehensible and is only combated by intolerance. If you are friends with racists or support racists you are a fucking racist piece of shit. 

I had to tell my brother in a text a couple of weeks back that while he may not consider himself a racist, if he votes for Trump he is saying that racism is okay and he would be condoning Trump's blatant racism. I have not heard back from him since.

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

I didn't @ him.  I don't care why he came back, but he did.  And he reiterated 14 hours ago that he thought Obama was a POS President.  He could have responded to Michael Knight's @ by refining that position in light of Trump's 3 year reign of bullshit, but he didn't.  Had he not posted recently, I wouldn't have thought of him at all.  I won't apologize for using a poster's current statement in a post.

I also indicted America for it.  It is America's fault that Armybrat thinks that.

And while I don't know RPM's political views, I've seen that tactic multiple times from Trumpists.  Chip away at a message and pretend the chip destroys the entire message.  

I know you didn't @ him.  But that's what RPM was talking about that you jumped on.  I don't believe RPM is a Trumpist, in fact I am reasonably sure that he is quite far from a Trumpist despite not being a CR regular.

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This was a highly upvoted post, and there is absolutely a large segment of the country that is racist and didn’t like having a black President.

But when posts like this paint the entire “other side” as racists, it does more damage to the cause of Democrats than just about anything else.

People who are not racists don’t like constantly being called racists by the other side. All it does is foster hatred of the Democratic party. Believe it or not, it isn’t always about race for every single person.

In the case of Obama, there was a significant portion of the population that got suckered into hating Obama because they got conned by Fox News, who grew to prominence during that time period with a brand of media unlike anything that had ever been put on TV before. It’s been over ten years and people are still get conned by it. It wasn’t racism for some of those people. It was just pure stupidity on their part in believing Fox News general bullshit.

Every single white person in America has benefited from racism whether they want to admit it or not and whether we believe it or not every single person in America is racist in one form or another.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I wouldn't take much stock in how social media appears.  This board is built on Texas football fanship.  At least it was 10 years ago back when Texas used to field college level football teams.  It skews heavily toward male and white demographics.  The city-data forum for NYC is practically Texags.  The Facebook groups for my neighborhood in NYC may actually be worse than Texags and my neighborhood votes almost 90% Dem.   

Also, while it is a favorite meme of the strident CR'ers, the DT thread is not all Trumpists, by a long shot.  There are a handful, but there are more in it who like the factual presentations and debate.

There are people who are anti-Trump that don't share a passion for trashing him with every other post.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump is pissed about all the love for Obama right now. 

He just called women "minorities".

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Is that a sherbet colored suit?  

Its called Baby Poop Celadon at Sherwin Williams

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

I don't give a single fuck if racist garbage posters never post or come here again. 

How many are we prepared lose? 

Obviously,  about tree fiddy.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, while it is a favorite meme of the strident CR'ers, the DT thread is not all Trumpists, by a long shot.  There are a handful, but there are more in it who like the factual presentations and debate.

There are people who are anti-Trump that don't share a passion for trashing him with every other post.

i dunno, i just read the last couple pages of that thread, and it was heavily partisan, if not directly political.

edit: i mean, filled with right wing posters toeing the political line without obviously stepping over it

Edited by hayden_horn

Good a place as any. They let it fucking happen. The fallout from this could be incalculable:

It will take a month or so - if they dont do anything by then you are going to start seeing evictions, missed revolving debt payments, auto defaults.

You name it.

But they still have a few weeks before the effects are truly felt

Pure genius.
Also an indictment of the impotence of the Democratic Party. How are these ex republicans better at running against trump than the actual other party?

Because it's way more effective when it comes from inside your own house. The Ds could do it but it would just be brushed off.

The media is you g a good job amplifing the Lincoln project because it is from.repubs.

Yes but these are the same people who look at him and think he's intelligent.
And a man of God.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Agree 100%. 

"Home state".

Yeah, I know this fucker is now a "resident" o Florida, but 4 years ago, he would have never dreamed of moving his residency from NYC.

He may be thrilled to be in Florida but looks like Florida wasn’t too thrilled to have him there.

Mitch is throwing up the Bat signal. Things are gonna get interesting if any of the GOP senate candidates has the stones to actually distance from Trump.  Trump will not take kindly to them on Twitter.

I laughed at this snippet from the GOP Senate defectors article:

And in his first campaign ad this year Gardner highlighted local news reports on his successful efforts to import masks and Covid test kits from East Asia to Colorado.

Anyone care to guess which country is ‘East Asia’?  I’ll give you three guesses and the first two don’t count.

Posted (edited)

So are the admin talking points moving too fast for the spox to keep up? This guy ends up holding his limp pud in an on air cock block...blue ball city. haha

Edited by burntorangebongos
oops, forgot the clip

Haha. Imagine the carnage if he were actually running against Obama on the ticket. 

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Those people are called teetotalers and they’re insane.

I don’t think fucking around and finding out with the youths is going to be a great idea on the tiktok front 

Posted (edited)

Hmmm...I was told by the GOP that cancel culture was destroying the country.

Edited by 4th&Five

7 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

2. Do you think the turnout for Biden will be worse than for Hillary?

Yes. There is this pandemic thing that will keep people away from the polls. Trump will also deploy his goon squads to “protect” polling places. They will intimidate and incite. Portland was just a test for this. Plus, Russia...

Way to wake up the 18 YO voter block, Donald.  This is like the worst episode of "F Troop".

I think he’d be making a huge mistake by banning the app, not that he can do that anyway. Gen Z is easily the most conservative generation since the Boomers & tiktok was a big part of that. 

Man, remember how we as a country are aghast that the Chinese government bans certain apps and websites? So we’re going to let this motherfucker ban TikTok because Sarah Cooper clowns his ass on it?

10 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe those fucking snowflakes should demand their party stop doing everything it possibly can to fuck over minorities.

See the thing is.. the Right thinks or claims or believes that it is the Democrats who do everything they possibly can to fuck over minorities. (I have spent way too much time lurking on Texags, but that is absolutey sentiment spewed over there; despite ancedotal evidence, polling, and just general logic saying otherwise)

11 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This was a highly upvoted post, and there is absolutely a large segment of the country that is racist and didn’t like having a black President.

But when posts like this paint the entire “other side” as racists, it does more damage to the cause of Democrats than just about anything else.

People who are not racists don’t like constantly being called racists by the other side. All it does is foster hatred of the Democratic party. Believe it or not, it isn’t always about race for every single person.

In the case of Obama, there was a significant portion of the population that got suckered into hating Obama because they got conned by Fox News, who grew to prominence during that time period with a brand of media unlike anything that had ever been put on TV before. It’s been over ten years and people are still get conned by it. It wasn’t racism for some of those people. It was just pure stupidity on their part in believing Fox News general bullshit.

it's funny, from my experience,  people who ARE racists don't like constantly being called racists by the other side, as well.

So just call the whole thing off? 

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion