Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

The new fuck around and find out rep seems very apt for this post.

I don't know what this one means, I'm assuming it's an inside joke I missed out on.  Is it angry?  Happy?  Does it show up positive or negative?

Or does the name say it all, and you don't know until you fuck around and find out?

37 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I don't know what this one means, I'm assuming it's an inside joke I missed out on.  Is it angry?  Happy?  Does it show up positive or negative?

Or does the name say it all, and you don't know until you fuck around and find out?

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

why don't you fuck around and find out

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

must have to be in the TreeFiddy club to fuck around 

14 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So, it looks like transmission rates may have been lower during the warmer months.

March, when the first outbreak started is cooler in most (probably all) of those countries than late September and October when this second outbreak got going. This has more to do with reopening policies. 

Edited by UT_OB1

October and November and March average about 10 degrees celcius for central europe. Late October and early November have people heading indoors to stay warm while in late March and early April, people start going outside more with the start of spring.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I hope it isn’t a lockdown and curfews.

If people can get their shit together, it won't have to be.  Austin - many of us are doing a really good job of distancing, masks, etc.  When I go jogging along the trail near our house, people are still actively veering around each other when possible, etc.  Yeah, plenty of people are still fucking around and taking their chances, and it sucks, but plenty of us are taking it seriously.

El Paso?  They are in shutdown mode, their hospitals are full, and they are having to airlift their non-covid patients to other cities.

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Lots of masks that ain’t gonna do shit.  

Correct. There's still transmission when there is close contact even with 100% mask use unless everyone is in full PPE. Take the mask off to drink or wear it like a chin diaper while in a crowd and you've increased the risk exponentially. Anyway, it's really disingenuous to take a handpicked picture of a small section of a crowd and claim everyone is masking up.  Just like Halloween and Labor Day, the celebrations in the street are going to spread Covid. All it takes is one person from the crowd to catch it then seed it back into their house or workplace. I see it every GD day.  I don't give a crap who just won the presidency. It does not in anyway justify irresponsible large group gatherings especially when we have managed to catch just about the whole country back on Covid fire.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 11/7/2020 at 11:05 AM, Bevo said:

October and November and March average about 10 degrees celcius for central europe. Late October and early November have people heading indoors to stay warm while in late March and early April, people start going outside more with the start of spring.

In American, please.

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

In American, please.

Hand me the fucking keys, you cocksucker.  What the fuck?  

Edited by Lobo

On 11/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, atomheartbevo said:

When I go jogging along the trail near our house, people are still actively veering around each other when possible, etc. 

Yeah, I see that too and I see plenty of joggers wearing masks. I don't get the mask wearing joggers, but if that's what they want to do who am I to judge. Personally, I'm not very worried about catching COVID from a jogger. I mean it is possible, but not very likely. It would take some serious cosmic karma for me to catch it from a jogger and not from treating patients.

Edited by Bevo

Hope so. But still gonna be a looong time after the vaccine gets released imo. If over 50% of america doesnt get the flu vaccine every year, I seriously doubt theyll go for the covid vaccine

Id hope by early to mid 2022 one wouldnt have to wear masks into businesses. I also hope a lot more americans have contracted covid than we know

Hope so. But still gonna be a looong time after the vaccine gets released imo. If over 50% of america doesnt get the flu vaccine every year, I seriously doubt theyll go for the covid vaccine

Id hope by early to mid 2022 one wouldnt have to wear masks into businesses. I also hope a lot more americans have contracted covid than we know

It has to be a given that more people have gotten it than we know. I don’t really think that is debatable. I don’t think there is a way to find out how many though.

1 minute ago, Hate said:

It has to be a given that more people have gotten it than we know. I don’t really think that is debatable. I don’t think there is a way to find out how many though.

If the evidence is suggesting that antibodies go away in 60 days, then it really doesn’t matter how many have gotten it. 

but I think that also means that the vaccine would need to be administered to a high % of the global population at the same time to eradicate the disease, doesn’t it?  Unless the vaccine-triggered antibodies are more robust. 

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Dont have to wear one now

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

but I think that also means that the vaccine would need to be administered to a high % of the global population at the same time to eradicate the disease, doesn’t it?  Unless the vaccine-triggered antibodies are more robust. 

And doesn't this vaccine have to be administered in two doses?  Because plenty of people will fuck up and skip the second.

And aggy has a $265 million contract to manufacture the vaccine here in Texas - are we going to trust them with a brand new vaccine?

We need this before next summer.

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If the evidence is suggesting that antibodies go away in 60 days, then it really doesn’t matter how many have gotten it. 

recent evidence says 6 months or more apparently.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away