2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I had never heard this particular one talk and it turns out she's just as vapid as her sister.  Also, don't play 11 year old club music that didn't age well to a group of gays. They'll revolt, unless they are a bunch of morons.  Judging by the sound of the crowd, I guess she found herself a bunch of morons.

I almost get an Invasion of the Bodysnatchers vibe viewing Tiff's history. She was remote from the others. Ivanka brings her in, and get's daddy to give her a credit card. You can see her distancing from the Donald's fish lips and hands at the nomination.

Then the pod appears next to her bed. 

The vapid believer emerges and humanity leaves. Catastrophic phoniness emerges as the prominent trait. A Trump of the Donald line is born.

Yuck.

-Maricopa County in Arizona will begin counting early votes tonight. https://www.azfamily.com/news/politics/election_headquarters/maricopa-county-elections-department-to-start-counting-early-ballots-tuesday/article_93c83944-12e0-11eb-bcb8-833c4c102999.html

- In North Carolina, 22.3% of ballots cast at this point are by people who did NOT vote in 2016. https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/NC.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm so glad that detail, starting with Stannis, got pointed out to me. 

I mean- great they managed to work in an internet meme in the writers room.  Huzzah.  Maybe they could have paid more attention to crafting a final 2 seasons that didn't suck shit through a straw and popped for some lights on set so I could tell what happened in the most important episode of the series.  Nah.  Sorry, rant over. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- great they managed to work in an internet meme in the writers room.  Huzzah.  Maybe they could have paid more attention to crafting a final 2 seasons that didn't suck shit through a straw and popped for some lights on set so I could tell what happened in the most important episode of the series.  Nah.  Sorry, rant over. 

Preaching to the choir, brother. Those idiots ran out of ideas when they ran out of original material from the author. I hate watching "about the episode" films because of shitheads like those guys sitting around and congratulating themselves on being geniuses.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Preaching to the choir, brother. Those idiots ran out of ideas when they ran out of original material from the author. I hate watching "about the episode" films because of shitheads like those guys sitting around and congratulating themselves on being geniuses.

Yeah.  Seeing GOT and the Star Wars Saga turn into shit on a stick really, even more, impressed me with how J K Rawlings landed the Harry Potter Series.  World building is hard. To see an author create a huge world, and a ton of characters, and then end the story in a satisfying manner with no deus ex machina bullshit and going back and seeing breadcrumbs that were left in books written a decade earlier, and some 4000 pages prior is incredibly impressive. 
I guess I don't fault them so much for not being able to pull it off as I guess, like winning, it's really really hard, but they sure did get to take the bows and suck their own dicks for years when they were, in reality, just working with incredible source material and doing it quasi justice.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sorry, I thought you were commenting on "Trump! The Presidency!" -- fucking HORRIBLE writing, utterly implausible plot twists.  A truly unwatchable serial, save and except for the "train wreck" aspect of it.  Yet.....it continues to have millions of loyal and rabid viewers.....

3XEHNFf.jpg

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sorry, I thought you were commenting on "Trump! The Presidency!" -- fucking HORRIBLE writing, utterly implausible plot twists.  A truly unwatchable serial, save and except for the "train wreck" aspect of it.  Yet.....it continues to have millions of loyal and rabid viewers.....

3XEHNFf.jpg

You should be tired of what you are choosing to be. You had a chance to get along with everyone and laugh about Dave and Dave fucking up the most important show of our time or get angsty about Trump and you decided on the later.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You should be tired of what you are choosing to be. You had a chance to get along with everyone and laugh about Dave and Dave fucking up the most important show of our time or get angsty about Trump and you decided on the later.  

62 million people think this shitty show is awesome, and should be renewed for four seasons.  So, yeah....it's worth some fucking angst.

I thought it was a muzzle, or that wearing a mask was like stopping mosquitoes with a chain-link fence.  Or it was a sign of strength?  I thought no mask=power?  

50 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah.  Seeing GOT and the Star Wars Saga turn into shit on a stick really, even more, impressed me with how J K Rawlings landed the Harry Potter Series.  World building is hard. To see an author create a huge world, and a ton of characters, and then end the story in a satisfying manner with no deus ex machina bullshit and going back and seeing breadcrumbs that were left in books written a decade earlier, and some 4000 pages prior is incredibly impressive. 
I guess I don't fault them so much for not being able to pull it off as I guess, like winning, it's really really hard, but they sure did get to take the bows and suck their own dicks for years when they were, in reality, just working with incredible source material and doing it quasi justice.  

And yet....She missed the most obvious plot point of all (also, she's got some pretty problematic views on trans people).  Luckily the David Yates shipped it for us, just for a couple of minutes (to Nick Cage, no less):

I make no apologies for Pottering up this thread, come at me bro.

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

Stahl has already had it and recovered and is therefore likely immune and also cannot spread it. 

Trump wouldn't understand that though because he doesn't listen to doctors, scientists, lawyers, or pretty much anyone else that doesn't kiss his ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Meanwhile, behind the façade of this innocent-looking bookstore:

When somebody else wants to join me in being the asshole...lemme know.  I mean, c'mon...we're just not gonna talk about the one thing almost everybody speaking in that video had in common?  That was an affront to Biden in a really subtle way.  I almost didn't catch it at first.  

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s illegal to have political stuff inside a polling center isn’t it?  Why haven’t the poll workers told him to replace it?

3 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Yes, it's illegal.  I imagine because he has a gun and is an employee there on behalf of the city, and the poll workers, likely elderly volunteers, aren't going to tell the police how to do their jobs.

I believe wearing political attire inside polling places is allowed under Florida law. Wholly inappropriate in general for him to wear any candidate's attire while in uniform, and I agree with @Gil Bang wearing one that says "No More Bullshit" should be a fireable offense, but it doesn't appear that he broke the law from my (limited) understanding of it.

9 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

And yet....She missed the most obvious plot point of all (also, she's got some pretty problematic views on trans people).  Luckily the David Yates shipped it for us, just for a couple of minutes (to Nick Cage, no less):

I don't understand what you are saying here- that Harry should have gotten with Hermy-o-ninny?  Nah, man, it worked out the way it was supposed to. Ginny is practically like his sister- but she's not- so way hotter. And Granger needed someone to dominate- so that had to be Ron.  She isn't going to be taken seriously as Minister of Magic if she's Harry's wife- she needed to carver her own path and being married to Harry would have never allowed that to happen.  

Now- we just need to get Voldemort to weigh in here to finish this threadjack. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

I never thought I'd see the day of Ice Cube (photo-hacked) endorsement from the Repubs.?!

i don't think Cube has actually endorsed him...but he's certainly left himself open to 'working with' the Trump admin on his CWBA. he's trying to walk a fine line as far as i can tell. we'll see how his fans take it...frankly, he seems to be getting punked, but not my call...

50 cent IS on the Trump train and has endorsed him...over taxes. he said he 'doesn't want to be 20cent'. 

but that pic is still not real and Eric Trump is an idiot. 

5 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I could be talking out of my ass but isn't there some stat that Ohio has voted with the winner for 50+ years in the presidential election? So yeah, it would mean a big change in the map if Biden wins without Ohio. I mean, there's an unlikely but possible scenario where Biden loses Ohio and wins 393-145. Crazy.

no republican has ever won the presidency without ohio and only ~2 democrats have since the civil war iirc.  my govt professor really went out on a limb in 2000 when he thought the election might come down to ohio. 

Edited by elfenix

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

I asked hermione for a hand job once, but she turned me down because I’m too old and I look like I’ve died 7 times already. I guess I will settle for Nagini again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Meanwhile, behind the façade of this innocent-looking bookstore:

Holy shit. I didn't realize that I am so easily persuaded. After watching those folks and the conviction and how pure that conviction is, Kanye's my man. My hope is he gets The Rock to be his VP because that would be badass. Fuck you Putin. 

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Holy shit. I didn't realize that I am so easily persuaded. After watching those folks and the conviction and how pure that conviction is, Kanye's my man. My hope is he gets The Rock to be his VP because that would be badass. Fuck you Putin. 

image.png.c1461a5beb6e0a58d7465492c0e859cc.png

Emily, what the fuck happened to your nose?  Your left nostril is literally a half inch higher than your right nostril.

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The Rock ain't playing second fiddle to Kanye. And, I would legit support the Rock running for President in 4 years.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

3XEHNFf.jpg

In other words, just like all "reality tv."  That and its adherents are a part of the problem.  A large chunk of the morons.  

WTF are we gonna do with the morons?

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In other words, just like all "reality tv."  That and its adherents are a part of the problem.  A large chunk of the morons.  

WTF are we gonna do with the morons?

As callous as it sounds, this is THE question for our times.

As a voting block, they are poison.

As a block of citizens who are worthy of decent employment opportunity.....they are the great looming economic challenge.  A not-bright dude used to be able to earn a decent living working a plow, or turning a wrench on an assembly line.  Those jobs ain't growing, they're shrinking.  And "well, become a banker, or a doctor, or a robotics engineer" isn't a solid option for a dude with a 95 IQ.

We need to have an answer for this.  We need to be a country that has a plan for our morons, and that offers our morons good and decent opportunities (and guess what?  Those opportunities will ALSO be there for poor, hardworking, intelligent people who just need a stable platform from which to launch, it will be there for people who have fallen on hard times, it will help LOTS of folks, not just morons).  Otherwise, we'll become what....well, what it seems we've already become -- a moronocracy.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

As a block of citizens who are worthy of decent employment opportunity.....they are the great looming economic challenge.  A not-bright dude used to be able to earn a decent living working a plow, or turning a wrench on an assembly line.  Those jobs ain't growing, they're shrinking.  And "well, become a banker, or a doctor, or a robotics engineer" isn't a solid option for a dude with a 95 IQ.

Send them to law school. Worked out well for dipshits like Gaetz, Gohmert, et al 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Send them to law school. Worked out well for dipshits like Gaetz, Gohmert, et al 

Man, there's nothing that will knock the ego of any lawyer, including me, to the ground, like pointing out how many ass-blastingly stupid "lawyers" there are out there.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man, there's nothing that will knock the ego of any lawyer, including me, to the ground, like pointing out how many ass-blastingly stupid "lawyers" there are out there.

Don't worry, there are plenty of really dumb engineers too, many of them involved in the design and construction of that overpass you just drove over or under. 

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Don't worry, there are plenty of really dumb engineers too, many of them involved in the design and construction of that overpass you just drove over or under. 

Seems an inappropriate thread for Aggy bashing.....Never mind this is Surly.  No thread is an inappropriate thread for bashing those dimwitted sheep lovers.