2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

So the gop’s big October surprise was Guliani getting ahold of a laptop that Biden’s son supposedly left in the shop of a blind computer repairman in Delaware while living in California. Meanwhile the New York Times just keeps lobbing Molotov cocktails at the trump campaign and Trump is becoming more unhinged by the day. 

i wish I had more confidence in there not being any fuckery with the election so I could sit back and enjoy the ride a bit more. 

Edited by heso
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, heso said:

So the gop’s big October surprise was Guliani getting ahold of a laptop that Biden’s son supposedly left in the shop of a blind computer repairman in Delaware while living in California. Meanwhile the New York Times just keeps lobbing Molotov cocktails at the trump campaign and Trump is becoming more unhinged by the day. 

i wish I had more confidence in there not being any fuckery with the election so I could sit back and enjoy the ride a bit more. 

You forgot Lesley Stahl donkey punching him in to submission.

7 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm a touch rusty with my Revelations, but if you're claiming that Donald Trump's gaining power will bring about the Second Coming, then aren't you saying that Donald Trump is the Anti-Christ?

Was wondering when someone was going to mention that.

6 hours ago, thepop said:

In the next 2 weeks Trump will announce a vaccine is almost ready but he has to win otherwise it won't be completed. 100%

“Biden wants to take away your VACCINES” is going to be slightly uncomfortable to the people that wound up in Q via the anti-vaxxer funnel.

• Hook 'Em 1

This tool would be better if you could adjust the probabilities of an individual state. It's either definite Biden/Trump win or whatever they choose based on Silver's probabilities. It would be more fun to adjust the probabilities of an individual state (like Florida - which Silver indicates is a key to determining the winner) and see the impact on the overall election. It would allow me to adjust Florida to Trump being "slightly favored" and seeing the impact rather than Trump DEFINITELY winning and the impact.

Donald may deliver an active coup de gras to GOP national power when his loss becomes absolutely inevitable. I agree with those who have already written that Trump will burn the GOP down as he leaves. He won't do it by attacking the party but by pointing out those senators and representatives whom have let him down.

He'll make them poison to the cult, cost many of them their seats, and take final grip of the majority of the party which he'll use as the foundation of a TV network. His support will be essential to any candidate in any red state. Think of the money he could make from political media buys (overcharged) and other commercial time sold to desperate GOPs. 

This assumes he doesn't go to prison, but even then he could have an empire as the martyred president. 

But first, blame he'll blame others for his losses. We've seen the stories on this and other threads. He'll villify Moscow Bitch Mitch, will that be enough to take Mitch down? Will he turn on Lindsay?

"I made this country great again with the greatest economy in the history of economies. I gave the GOP control of the House and Senate and they were too stupid to hold them. They should have stuck by me and they'd all have their jobs. Now, without me, the party is all but dead. I'm the only one who can bring it back."

Take it away, Elton!

Donny and Deps

Oh their dumb and deplorable

But Donny he's really keen.

Duh duh Donny and the deps.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Pope says civil unions for gays.  Put here because all the supposed social conservative positioning of the church as justification for bigotry under Trump.

The Church has no substantive influence over its Trumpist members. I know devout Cathloic Trumpers who insist the Second Amendment is a Christian principle. That notion is completely incoherent and made it clear that these fuckers are just stamping “Jesus Approved!” willy-nilly on whatever dumb, clearly heretical shit they want to believe.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

@BehoId, The Underminer!, why does that 538 map stress you out? If anything, it's a good demonstration of how many paths Biden has to winning and what a needle Trump has to thread to win. 

Realistic swing states that a Biden win gives him >90% chance to win the election: MI, PA, WI, OH, FL, AZ. He holds leads in all five of those. His leads in the Rust Belt and AZ are strong. And yeah I understand that they all move together and so Biden losing PA means he probably lost MI/WI/FL too. But Arizona is a much different place than the Rust Belt; those are two very distinct paths to winning in very different ways. 

To get Trump to 90%+ with the swing states you have to give him AZ, FL, OH, and PA. 

What this map does do well is demonstrate the paths for an early celebration on election night. If any of PA, NC, GA, FL, or WI are called for Biden, the race is effectively over. IMO this map does a good job demonstrating how tough a Trump victory is.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

@BehoId, The Underminer!, why does that 538 map stress you out? If anything, it's a good demonstration of how many paths Biden has to winning and what a needle Trump has to thread to win. 

Realistic swing states that a Biden win gives him >90% chance to win the election: MI, PA, WI, OH, FL, AZ. He holds leads in all five of those. His leads in the Rust Belt and AZ are strong. And yeah I understand that they all move together and so Biden losing PA means he probably lost MI/WI/FL too. But Arizona is a much different place than the Rust Belt; those are two very distinct paths to winning in very different ways. 

To get Trump to 90%+ with the swing states you have to give him AZ, FL, OH, and PA. 

What this map does do well is demonstrate the paths for an early celebration on election night. If any of PA, NC, GA, FL, or WI are called for Biden, the race is effectively over. IMO this map does a good job demonstrating how tough a Trump victory is.

Yep. Give Biden Michigan alone, and it's 98%. Pennsylvania 97%. North Carolina 99%. Not altogether... each state individually. 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yep. Give Biden Michigan alone, and it's 98%. Pennsylvania 97%. North Carolina 99%. Not altogether... each state individually. 

I missed Michigan. 

Yeah, there are numerous single state flips that result in a landslide Biden's way; appears trumps requires combinations to stretch 270+. 

Edited by Anastasis

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

VERY stressful toy to play with. 

It’s insane to me how Virginia is >99% for Biden. 
The shift of that state in my adult lifetime is pretty darn amazing.

I don’t know why that jumped out at me, but it did.