2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Congratulations Republicans, you’ve allowed your party to become a christofascist death cult of white patriarchal supremacy mostly out of political expediency because all your ideas are trash. 

Well, I've lived a full life and am about to die, so you all need to die with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s illegal to have political stuff inside a polling center isn’t it?  Why haven’t the poll workers told him to replace it?

Yes, it's illegal.  I imagine because he has a gun and is an employee there on behalf of the city, and the poll workers, likely elderly volunteers, aren't going to tell the police how to do their jobs.

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Yes, it's illegal.  I imagine because he has a gun and is an employee there on behalf of the city, and the poll workers, likely elderly volunteers, aren't going to tell the police how to do their jobs.

I assume the normal course of action when a person is doing this is to inform them of its illegality and ask them to remove it or leave, and then if they refuse then call the police/use the police that may already be there. Same should apply to him. Get the whitest poll worker to let him know (unless you wish to cause a scene and then get the darkest) and if/when he doesn’t comply then call the local precinct. Anyhow, seems like social media has this handled but what’s the lag time for that?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

aside from it being illegal, and against department policy, the "no more bullshit" on a cop is beyond unacceptable.  He should be fired for that alone, IMO. 

yeah, kinda wondering from his perspective what the "bullshit" is. Homos walking the streets? Blacks voting and well, just living? Interracial marriages? I'm sure it's not something wholesome like, say, police brutality.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Yup - they changed the law so they could have the results on election night. Florida and Texas will have their results election night or the next day at the latest.

Michigan and Pennsylvania decided to keep fucking that goat and could take longer. Idiots. 

Texas will have their results quickly because they let almost no one vote by mail. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn

24 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Ubeda believe he's gonna hear about that

This is why I love Surly.  Even in the middle of a global pandemic, a potential civil war, and a grave treat to American democracy,  historians will know that we still knew how to laugh. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, kinda wondering from his perspective what the "bullshit" is. Homos walking the streets? Blacks voting and well, just living? Interracial marriages? I'm sure it's not something wholesome like, say, police brutality.

i agree with his no more bullshit policy.  but i don't agree with his trump-pence policy.  i also agree with his selma-killing policy.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Posting a YouTube video without comment should be grounds for an immediate ban.

especially a two hour one with no context. 

do you actually expect people to watch this ridiculous youtube video?

christ, and the dude with the cigar and vest again. fuck that guy.

Edited by hayden_horn

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ohio is basically America. It’s demographically and educationally and economically pretty close to a stand in for the country. Maybe a little light in Hispanics. 

There’s no maybe about it and it’s not a little light. Ohio has way less Hispanics and less Asians than the rest of the country. 

2 hours ago, Mole said:

I want to run up the score. The country needs to go full Spurrier in rejecting this stain of a movement.

I’ll take the Cougar High-SMU beat down from 1989 times 1000 on the beat down scale. This racist party/cult/movement needs to be completely eradicated from American society. The Republican Party needs to be given the same treatment and rejection as the Nazi Party received after the war ended. Letting them continue to exist is absolutely detrimental to our ability as a country and collective citizenry to move forward and progress.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

and the resulting shittier food

Along with more racism. Years ago I represented a company based in Ohio that got sued in Texas. The subject of immigration came up during a long day of mediation and it turned out the owners and top managers of the company hated “illegal immigration.” I’m thinking, you guys don’t even have Hispanics in your state why do you care? But they did.

They blamed Mexico for the loss of auto jobs, which is fucking laughable. Which also of course has nothing to do with illegal immigrants. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

According to this Florida can start verifying/counting Absentee and Mail ballots 22 days before the election.  I thought Florida was one of the states that expected to count quick and be called the night of the election.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-16-when-absentee-mail-ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx

Weird.  I thought someone had posted that link, or something very similar, a few weeks ago and it was indicating they didn't start until poll close.  I'm glad to be wrong. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Fair questions.  I ain’t dodging it.  Let me preface it by saying I’m not a true GOP’er.  My only formal party affiliation of the last four years has been a card carrying member of the LP.  But I do vote way more Republican than Democrat.  I think this is a worthwhile discussion that we should all have but maybe on another thread so as not to derail this one?   But I’d love to get it off my chest however deemed appropriate.  

I don't know if it's just me, but this may be the calmest Lobo post I've ever seen. "Let's switch his caffeinated coffee with decaf and see if he notices".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tuco said:

Weird.  I thought someone had posted that link, or something very similar, a few weeks ago and it was indicating they didn't start until poll close.  I'm glad to be wrong. 

I may have and IIRC they changed the law very recently knowing they'd have an enormous volume of early and mail in votes to account for. 

Yeah dude, 'cause caffeine is my problem Serak...;)      (if you want to read me at my most political bliss...go read what I wrote about the voter behind me in blue yoga pants.  I literally get choked up just re-reading it).

We really do need a "people who typically would vote more GOP than Democrat" thread but it's gotta be started by the right poster and it's gonna be populated the right way.  It ain't my place, but let's get it started this week because time's awaistin...

Edited by Lobo

Good point about Ohio.  Of the largest 11 states (You gotta put New Jersey in there because I still think it's really close to North Carolina based on immigrants/green cards/visitors/undocumenteds/et. al.)  Ohio has to be the lease diverse, by far...right?  I dunno though.  What's the data say? The whitest of the big states?

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I took it to be more of a muzzle than a mask.  He was wearing that muzzle because he believes that's the only way there will be no more bullshit coming out of his mouth.  Which if I'm being honest is probably the #1 reason that Trump himself is so against masks.  He sees it as a muzzle as well. And he likes the bullshit.

17 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with that information. 

In 2016, The voting age population was 19,307,355, of which 15,101,087 were registered to vote. Turnout was 8,969,226, which is 46.45% of the voting age population and 59.39% of registered voters.

If this was 2016, it would mean 4,706,398 of 8,969,226 or 52.47% of voters have already voted. 

(but since it's 2020, it doesn't mean dick)