2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

24 minutes ago, thepop said:

Text banking was a little rough tonight. I think we were going through a republican batch to find some dems. Takes restraint to not engage some people. I just want to tell them, "how does it feel that you're going to live in a blue state for the rest of your life?" But then again most are like 70

I think you're kickass. 

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

She's awesome.  Her sister is a doc here in Austin.

Diane Feinstein is 87 years old. She will be 92 freaking years old when her term ends in 2025. I doubt she makes it till then, but whenever she leaves that seat is prime for Katie Porter.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Diane Feinstein is 87 years old. She will be 92 freaking years old when her term ends in 2025. I doubt she makes it till then, but whenever she leaves that seat is prime for Katie Porter.

God I hope so. I'd like some oppo on Katie just to be sure. I don't know anyone else that has the guts to replace DiFi. That old woman has a network of years. She knows where all the bones hide. 

24 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

No one in government should be allowed to serve past 80 years old. Maybe 70. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Are we skipping over Harris's open seat?

29 minutes ago, thepop said:

Are we skipping over Harris's open seat?

Latino groups are angling for that seat. Cali is 40% hispanic, there's never been a latino senator from Cali. It's probably time.

In fact, when I saw Garcetti was on the VP selection committee, I had a feeling Harris would be the pick specifically for this reason - to open up the seat for a Latino.

I think it's going to be Xavier Becerra and it would probably be a good pick. I thought it was strange that he wasn't featured at the Dem convention.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Shreveport might be worse than Nola though. All the crime and none of the charm. 

I interviewed at Shreveport for my residency and got there the night before. The lead story on the evening news was a woman being arrested for trading her 11 yo daughter for crack. Almost skipped the interview. I did rank them last. 

Edited by Sawbonz

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I cringe when we are at a point where a challenger calls the president a clown to his face. Trump is a clown but I don’t want to see Biden sink to that level.

He paints his face orange, wears a funny wig, and ill-fitting clothes.

That's the definition of a clown.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Republicans like to bitch about our fundraising, but they just don’t understand.

look at all of the red states. The only states out of them with any significant money are Georgia, Texas, and Florida. All of the other red states are poor.

blue states have people from places with money.  Washington, California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Virginia.

It’s just not even close when you compare them.

I'd be shocked if a majority of the money Republican candidates are playing with this cycle didn't collectively come from the coastal blue states. California is full of rich Republicans who throw gobs of money at the national party because of a lack of any real game in town. I'd imagine every blue state on the East Coast is similar.

The difference this go-around is that Trump and the GOP have pissed off entire categories of the upper-middle class (mostly in these same blue states) and they have either switched allegiances or are finally opening up their wallet.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, troph said:

Maddow was on fire tonight.

And in other news, western Travis county isn’t near as Trumpville as you’d think. I’m approaching 20 notable positive comments on my big truck, big flags obnoxiousness in 3 days.

Oh fuck, I saw you today at the Galleria. Big white truck with an American flag and a Biden flag. I thought you were a Trumper for a second but then saw the Biden flag and laughed. I saw a Trumper parade in McAllen over the weekend with the flags and big trucks and you nailed the look. haha

• Like 1

Maddow was on fire tonight.

And in other news, western Travis county isn’t near as Trumpville as you’d think. I’m approaching 20 notable positive comments on my big truck, big flags obnoxiousness in 3 days.
Travis County will be 70+ percent Biden. At this point, while you see more Trumpkins in historical GOP strongholds like Lakeway or whatever, none if it really qualifies at Trumplandia at this point.

Oh fuck, I saw you today at the Galleria. Big white truck with an American flag and a Biden flag. I thought you were a Trumper for a second but then saw the Biden flag and laughed. I saw a Trumper parade in McAllen over the weekend with the flags and big trucks and you nailed the look. haha

That’s funny! We were headed to Dicks for some baseball gear so I thought a stroll down the Galleria might make for some good exposure. I’m definitely going for irony. And to encourage folks to step up. Folks are talking and I don’t feel as alone out here. As it is I think is close to 50/50 here which is so encouraging.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Travis County will be 70+ percent Biden. At this point, while you see more Trumpkins in historical GOP strongholds like Lakeway or whatever, none if it really qualifies at Trumplandia at this point.

Yeah he won by 9 last time. No way it’s that this year. I’d wager it’s within the MOE, possibly even 2-3.

10 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

That seat is prime for Katie Porter after Harris becomes VP and Newsom appoints Porter to fill it.

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

538 has upped there Presidential Race odds...

Biden 80%

Trump 20% 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

"Trump wins 20 in 100".

Click on one of those 20 maps and it's got dotard winning Oregon, New Mexico, Colorado, and Nevada. Ok. 

I also like the Biden one where he wins Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Is that a recent pic of Pompeo? He's gained a little weight eating at our govt. trough.

this guy supposedly has ambitions to be President. I take a look at him and think does he even have four more years of life in him.

These fat guys are ticking time bombs.

20 minutes ago, yoladu said:

538 has upped there Presidential Race odds...

Biden 80%

Trump 20% 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

September was a good month for Biden 

From that article, this feels low:

The election hinges on a recountCandidates are within half a percentage point in one or more decisive states 5 in 100

7 minutes ago, yoladu said:

this guy supposedly has ambitions to be President. I take a look at him and think does he even have four more years of life in him.

He'll be 61 in four years, but I've watched how he treats rules and laws-for you and me, not him and his. I think he's always been a little frat boy army (in other words, not the true military type as 'man serving country' as much as the military user type as 'man club for connections' ) and every step of the way since he graduated has kind of served to confirm this for me. He cannot win my vote ever (even if he switched parties). He's a mercenary who acts under the guise of some noble religious calling that allows him to abuse his privilege until the end times come. Good that the Pope called him out.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I'm curious what this will look like in a week. That's when the post-debate polls will start rolling in and Silver can include them.

That's the double-whammy coming out of the debate.  First, it's going to cause some (marginal) degradation in Trump's polling numbers.  But probably more importantly, it's another week that goes by where Trump isn't making up ground on Biden.

As we get closer to Election Day, the uncertainty that 538 builds into its model goes down.  Nate Silver said on a podcast last week (or maybe this week) that if the election were held today with today's polling, the model would show Biden's chances being in the mid-90's.

And, for a lot of voters, the election is being held today.  Wisconsin already has hundreds of thousands of ballots in.  Balloting is going on in other states.  It starts next week in even more.  The uncertainty surrounding this thing is going to drop rapidly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

oregon is one of the bluest states in america. 

I don't think most Americans know Oregon's history (and statehood history) beyond Seven Brides for Seven Brothers or why the Antifa and the predominately white militia movements are centered around that area.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So I went to go drop my wife and my voter registration (address change) off at Comal County today. I had half a mind to not wear my mask in, because they might assume I'm an Austin libtard and throw our papers away.

I'm not saying that's actually a reasonable fear. It's just commentary on where we're at. I've never felt like my vote was in danger of fraud in the past. I'm sure many others feel the same. That's a dangerous place to be.

10 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

So I went to go drop my wife and my voter registration (address change) off at Comal County today. I had half a mind to not wear my mask in, because they might assume I'm an Austin libtard and throw our papers away.

I'm not saying that's actually a reasonable fear. It's just commentary on where we're at. I've never felt like my vote was in danger of fraud in the past. I'm sure many others feel the same. That's a dangerous place to be.

I've been coughing and sneezing the last two weeks due to some foul pollen or something floating around so I haven't had anyone seem to mind my mask. If you're worried you can always fake it. Edit to add, I will clarify that I understand your point about the sanctity of one's vote and agree. It should never be a second thought in a democratic based society.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

22 minutes ago, thepop said:

I wonder if the numbers for early voting in Pennsylvania are published like they are in Texas (at least for the large counties).  I'd like to see how they compare in Philadelphia to 2016, because that's really where Hillary had a shortfall.

By the way--that line looks really pretty safe.  Good social distancing and masks (at least so far as I can tell).  It's a good advertisement for going out and voting in person, which I fear is a whole lot safer than mail from the standpoint of having your ballot actually counted.

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

I have a feeling/hope that before all is said and done, no one ever remotely associated with Trump's presidency will ever sniff elected power again.

37 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's the double-whammy coming out of the debate.  First, it's going to cause some (marginal) degradation in Trump's polling numbers.  But probably more importantly, it's another week that goes by where Trump isn't making up ground on Biden.

triple really - people are already voting.

by the time he gets back on the debate stage (where he thinks he'll convince everyone he's the man), millions of votes will have already been cast.  his last minute shenanigans will be way less effective.  obamagate, miracle vaccine, it won't matter.