Jump to content
Liquor and Poker

Chinese Consulate in Houston Caught Burning Documents in Courtyard

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, destroya said:

This will just be fuel to the fire for a lot of conspiracy theories. 

Obviously you’ve never had Chinese BBQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neonmoon said:

Obviously you’ve never had Chinese BBQ

My toilet begs to differ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Like they haven't already been burning/shredding documents since forever. They are about to flee this dumpster fire..

. Obviously staged because China knows how bat fuck retarded the American populace is.

Edited by MissingInAction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were a bunch of protesters in yellow shirts just outside the consulate last Saturday. Maybe a coincidence.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

China preparing for war?  The Japanese embassies burned docs before Pearl Harbor.  Symbolic message?

 

Or...


https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/hfd-responds-reports-burning-classified-documents-chinese-consulate/285-33117055-f7c1-4626-b4b5-ae8c252401d5

A source told KHOU 11 the consulate is being evicted by 4 p.m. Friday. (LOL)

Edited by clapclapclap
You guys gotta pay your rent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol evicted?  I guess I always figured countries actually owned the property their consulate is on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Xian said:

Lol evicted?  I guess I always figured countries actually owned the property their consulate is on. 

AzHw-x.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ryskey said:

There were a bunch of protesters in yellow shirts just outside the consulate last Saturday. Maybe a coincidence.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sua Sponte lives!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=5262]stone oak[/mention]you need to stop the negging spree.  Just relax and know that although I like you I am pos repping all of the posts you neg because neg repping is bullshit.  Go to Aldacos and get yourself a large margarita and some puffy tacos and forget this place exists for a day and then come back.  It will do you some good. 
Negged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hate said:

@stone oakyou need to stop the negging spree.  Just relax and know that although I like you I am pos repping all of the posts you neg because neg repping is bullshit.  Go to Aldacos and get yourself a large margarita and some puffy tacos and forget this place exists for a day and then come back.  It will do you some good. 

Too hot for the Aldacos patio this time of year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They always have a breeze up on that hill.  You'll be fine. 

 

Edit: and that hill faces east.  You'll be just fine.

Edited by Hate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Xian said:

Lol evicted?  I guess I always figured countries actually owned the property their consulate is on. 

hcad says it's owned by the consul general, so i doubt there's an eviction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
China preparing for war?  The Japanese embassies burned docs before Pearl Harbor.  Symbolic message?
 
Or...

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/hfd-responds-reports-burning-classified-documents-chinese-consulate/285-33117055-f7c1-4626-b4b5-ae8c252401d5
A source told KHOU 11 the consulate is being evicted by 4 p.m. Friday. (LOL)
My crack internet research team informs me the Chinese have embassies in DC, NYC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco and Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:
China preparing for war?  The Japanese embassies burned docs before Pearl Harbor.  Symbolic message?
 
Or...

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/hfd-responds-reports-burning-classified-documents-chinese-consulate/285-33117055-f7c1-4626-b4b5-ae8c252401d5
A source told KHOU 11 the consulate is being evicted by 4 p.m. Friday. (LOL)

Read more  

My crack internet research team informs me the Chinese have embassies in DC, NYC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco and Houston.

I had to think why one in Houston, then I thought of oil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the hotel across the street is kind of swank, almost all the rooms have a meting room in them. i told my friend all these rooms are probably bugged and full of cams. im sure my bare ass is a huge hit in china 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I had to think why one in Houston, then I thought of oil.

That's the national capital, the nation's 4 largest cities, and San Francisco. Houston's not really the outlier. 

And I just assumed it was based on number of Chinese nationals ("it" being the decision to put one in San Francisco/ the Bay Area as an outlier, I mean). 

Edited by Huckleberry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NY Times is reporting the Trump administration told China they have 72 hours to close the Houston consulate.

They are burning documents before they leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Isn’t that Chinese sovereign land?  Who has the authority to evict?

Pretty sure we evicted the native Americans in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly hope we burn some of our documents in our overseas stations. Why is this a bid deal or unexpected? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I certainly hope we burn some of our documents in our overseas stations. Why is this a bid deal or unexpected? 

I think it's because they're doing it "in the yard," like some rednecks burning leaves.

I assume that we have some sort of document disposal incinerator that doesn't involve that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typically, Embassies are considered sovereign soil, but Consulates are not.  The reason the Chinese Consulate was so substantial in Houston is because of such a large number of Chinese Nationals working in the Houston area (energy, medical/scientific, and higher education).  Consulates engage in diplomacy, but it's mostly a place to go for documentation, help with a Visa, help leasing an apartment, etc.  Really boring shit.  Of course it's China, so I'm sure they were grifting some IP from Exxon, NASA, or M.D. Anderson, hence the document burn.  I think it was perfectly reasonable for China to have a Consulate there given the population. 

I look forward to hearing the idiotic reason they were evicted.  Now you've got 10,000 educated Chinese Nationals in SE Texas who just lost one of their closest connections to home and family.  Yeah, "China Sucks"...but this is not the way to handle it.  Removing a Consulate just hurts the lives of Chinese people whom major Texas employers rely on for their expertise.  Now you just made all those people even more disloyal to America and those employers I mentioned.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much what TwiceHorn said. We have furnaces to burn our documents before bailing, they're using fucking burn barrels lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think it's because they're doing it "in the yard," like some rednecks burning leaves.

I assume that we have some sort of document disposal incinerator that doesn't involve that.

Hopefully better ones than we had in Tehran. Where the "diplomats" put so many files into the incinerator that it couldn't burn them - circa November 1979.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

They'll stop doing that once they steal our incinerator technology.

One would think they had a lot of experience with that technology recently in the Wuhan mortuaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hate said:

@stone oakyou need to stop the negging spree.  Just relax and know that although I like you I am pos repping all of the posts you neg because neg repping is bullshit.  Go to Aldacos and get yourself a large margarita and some puffy tacos and forget this place exists for a day and then come back.  It will do you some good. 

Aldacos? Pfffft. Go to El Mirasol or La Fonda on Main. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You fuckers riffing on my Calgon joke from the Dam thread suck.

Of course, that is the most sincere form of flattery.

And for the record, the red necks aren't burning leaves.... Just sayin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

You fuckers riffing on my Calgon joke from the Dam thread suck.

Of course, that is the most sincere form of flattery.

And for the record, the red necks aren't burning leaves.... Just sayin'

tl;dr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/22/politics/china-us-houston-consulate-intl-hnk/index.html
 

this shit is crazy, trump is claiming the Houston consultant is the hub for a huge spy network :

 

On Twitter, Hu Xijin, editor of the state-backed tabloid Global Times with strong ties to China's Communist Party, said that Beijing had been given 72 hours to close the consulate. "This is a crazy move," he added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rubio is an idiot, this shit is going to escalate. from the USA Today article :

 

Rubio said China’s consulate in Houston "is not a diplomatic facility" and suggested it is staffed with spies. "It is the central node of the Communist Party’s vast network of spies & influence operations in the United States ... This needed to happen."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/22/politics/china-us-houston-consulate-intl-hnk/index.html
 

this shit is crazy, trump is claiming the Houston consultant is the hub for a huge spy network :

 

On Twitter, Hu Xijin, editor of the state-backed tabloid Global Times with strong ties to China's Communist Party, said that Beijing had been given 72 hours to close the consulate. "This is a crazy move," he added

not getting political at all     because its entirely possible this is an ego trip from our current leader.

 

but does it sound THAT shocking that China may be housing a spy network in the US based out of Houston?

 

The russians have a spy network based in their embassy -  but as was pointed out, a consulate is not the same thing as an embassy.

 

we've caught multiple Chinese nationals over the last 20 years who were providing lots of information to China and charged with either industrial or actual espionage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can believe the Chinese are doing that. I can also believe that forcing them to close the consulate is appropriate when considering that consulates should be engaged purely in support of their citizens and nationals within the foreign nation.

The only thing political about this is the timing. If we want to discuss that, the thread should be moved.

Edited by Huckleberry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

not getting political at all     because its entirely possible this is an ego trip from our current leader.

 

but does it sound THAT shocking that China may be housing a spy network in the US based out of Houston?

 

The russians have a spy network based in their embassy -  but as was pointed out, a consulate is not the same thing as an embassy.

 

we've caught multiple Chinese nationals over the last 20 years who were providing lots of information to China and charged with either industrial or actual espionage.

Considering TMC, NASA, and others are close by, and aggy is right up the road and has proven to have done some shady shit with the Chinese virology labs and what not, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if there were a spy network based out of that consulate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All embassies and satellite offices house some sort of intelligence officer 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

not getting political at all     because its entirely possible this is an ego trip from our current leader.

but does it sound THAT shocking that China may be housing a spy network in the US based out of Houston?

The russians have a spy network based in their embassy -  but as was pointed out, a consulate is not the same thing as an embassy.

we've caught multiple Chinese nationals over the last 20 years who were providing lots of information to China and charged with either industrial or actual espionage.

It sort of goes without saying that embassies and consulates are spy and intelligence hubs. It was certainly the case during the Cold War, not sure why it would be such a surprise now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...