Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

on the one hand, standing up to trump right now as an (R) and voting to impeach literally puts your life and that of your family's in grave danger. but man, all they had to do was stand up to him before and they wouldn't be in danger of being murdered right now.

what's the saying? FAAFO?

They were more worried about his tweets. I really believe his ban has changed their calculus bigly. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 2

So is Sidney Powell.
Seriously, federal prosecutors are not "all that."
She's also a former navy pilot.   I live just outside of her district because of the gerrymander and she is one of the few members of Congress I respect.  Sherrill is professional and certainly hasn't come across to me as anything close to  a conspiracy theorist or kook
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

SIAP

Is this Trump's, "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost Middle America." moment?  

Not that I'm equating Trump to LBJ (didn't like either of them), but I'm sure as shit not equating Rivera to Cronkite.  But gotta give Geraldo some credit, he is a beloved broadcasted on their beloved network, and a very fierce defender of Trump.  It won't change the minds of any of his idiot followers because some other Fox personality will take the torch.  But it does offer some tiny glimmer of hope.  

55 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Not that I'm equating Trump to LBJ (didn't like either of them), but I'm sure as shit not equating Rivera to Cronkite.  But gotta give Geraldo some credit, he is a beloved broadcasted on their beloved network, and a very fierce defender of Trump.  It won't change the minds of any of his idiot followers because some other Fox personality will take the torch.  But it does offer some tiny glimmer of hope.  

I think it reflects the fact that there is a permission structure being created to allow Senate Republicans to convict.

Tom Cole on the floor whining about impeachment moving too fast.  The country doesn't need to be dragged through the pain and division of impeachment.  Um, fuck yourself in the face.  This is just another way to both sides it.  He also brought up how this won't be done to Biden.  Yeah fuckface, Biden's not a fucking traitor.  JFC.

• Hook 'Em 1

McConnell's moves are pretty savvy. He's leaking information that he supports the impeachment, because he doesn't care whether the House impeaches or not. He can always later call it a political move, even if some Republicans vote for it.

Then, when he delays action in the Senate and Schumer takes over the trial, it bogs down the Senate, delaying Democratic priorities, and he can decide later how to respond to it. If the majority of Republican citizens support it, he can say he supports it. If they don't, he can call the entire impeachment process a political move.

At the time of voting in the Senate, he can make the final call as to whether to allow Republicans to vote for conviction or not, ridding the party of Trump. Or, if he reads that Republicans are mad, he can get the party to vote no.  That old turtle is just playing politics. He doesn't actually care about what happened at the capitol, IMO. And most importantly, he can get his wife off his back, who is probably yelling at him every night for letting all this happen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

McConnell's moves are pretty savvy. He's leaking information that he supports the impeachment, because he doesn't care whether the House impeaches or not. He can always later call it a political move, even if some Republicans vote for it.

Then, when he delays action in the Senate and Schumer takes over the trial, it bogs down the Senate, delaying Democratic priorities, and he can decide later how to respond to it. If the majority of Republican citizens support it, he can say he supports it. If they don't, he can call the entire impeachment process a political move.

At the time of voting in the Senate, he can make the final call as to whether to allow Republicans to vote for conviction or not, ridding the party of Trump. Or, if he reads that Republicans are mad, he can get the party to vote no.  That old turtle is just playing politics. He doesn't actually care about what happened at the capitol, IMO. And most importantly, he can get his wife off his back, who is probably yelling at him every night for letting all this happen.

Hey man, don't harsh my mellow.

Watching the speaches in the house.  This R idiot talking about "people over politics" and "healing".

You know what would help with the healing?  Your stupid ass president to come clean, admit to all the bullshit, admit he was lieing, admit to any all all crimes committed, apologize, tell his followers to back off, say the election was legal, welcome Biden as the new president, condemn those that breached the capital, then resign. 

That'd be the absolute easiest way to "Heal" the country.  It would take roughly 10 minutes.

Edited by dingleberryswitzer
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

these fuckers calling for "unity" are children who got caught going to far and don't want to get grounded. fuck you. this is not the same as the BLM protests. those protests didn't kill people or storm the capitol with intent to kill. fuck your unity. you want unity? Unite under the president taking responsibility for his actions and punishing those responsible for this bullshit situation we're in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Tom Cole on the floor whining about impeachment moving too fast.  The country doesn't need to be dragged through the pain and division of impeachment.  Um, fuck yourself in the face.  This is just another way to both sides it.  He also brought up how this won't be done to Biden.  Yeah fuckface, Biden's not a fucking traitor.  JFC.

Hell they won’t even bother impeaching Biden even if the worst things they say are true about his son and that Joe participated in the worst fucking way. They sure as shit do not want President Harris, and they would have precisely 0 people in the line of succession from their own party.

Edited by hpslugga

2 minutes ago, TexasIsBetter said:

these fuckers calling for "unity" are children who got caught going to far and don't want to get grounded. fuck you. this is not the same as the BLM protests. those protests didn't kill people or storm the capitol with intent to kill. fuck your unity. you want unity? Unite under the president taking responsibility for his actions and punishing those responsible for this bullshit situation we're in.

Some like to compare the capital breach with BLM protest.  The biggest difference is BLM protests we're based on actual, documented injustices.  Magas were basing their outrage on absolute fiction.  

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They don't want to defend the President because this is the only way they win. They can now blame any future violence on this, which in their minds also relieves them of any previous violence. They can now say they warned everyone of the issues associated with the impeachment and the Dems choose to go forward.

They cannot win right now after Wednesday by defending Trump against the Rs who are voting along with the Dems, so this is the only other way for them right now. They love to be the victim, it plays well for them. At least until last Wednesday.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Watching the speaches in the house.  This R idiot talking about "people over politics" and "healing".

You know what would help with the healing?  Your stupid ass president to come clean, admit to all the bullshit, admit he was lieing, admit to any all all crimes committed, apologize, tell his followers to back off, say the election was legal, welcome Biden as the new president, condemn those that breached the capital, then resign. 

That'd be the absolute easiest way to "Heal" the country.  It would take roughly 10 minutes.

Yeah, in a perfect world the President, the traitorous senators and congressmen that keep pushing the rigged election stuff and the media that pushes it also would tell the truth that the election was legal.  It was legal when it elected many of the house of reps from both parties, the senators from both parties and the new President elect, Joe Biden.  It won’t happen because I believe the guy that owns the ledge on this site, Brisket, has explained it correctly.  They are fucking evil people and are doing evil deeds that hurt this country.  That’s it.  No way guys like Gym Jordan stand up and tell America that the election wasn’t rigged and that it was totally legitimate and he was incorrect.  Same goes for Hawley, Cruz, etc...  and same goes for Duhhhh Furher, Donald J Trump.  

54 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Party that rammed ACB down our throats before the election upset about a process moving too fast. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Until Hannity, Carlson, Pirro, and Ingraham flip, he hasn't lost shit that matters.  The primetime opinion shows on Fox are the guys shoveling coal into the engine on the trump train.  

41 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Well all the GOP shitbags that enabled him would also need to admit their own lies and complicity and resign too.

24 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

WTH?

Congress woman from Connecticut has purple hair. Cmon dems. This shit is important. 
However of course pubs have a loser with OU facemask defending trump. 

BREAKING ON FOX NEWS: DEM CONGRESSWOMAN HAS PURPLE HAIR

who gives a flying fuck?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

SIAP

I’m actually starting to feel something I haven’t felt in a long time: optimism. We survived a coup attempt and the enablers are facing the truth. 

The GOP establishment has turned its back on Trump and junior fuhrers Hawley and Cruz. 

Social media has deplatformed Trump. 

Big Business is putting the squeeze on the GOP to purge its ranks of fascists.

And now Geraldo Rivera, noted media goofball, condemns Trump. How long until other dim bulbs of the pop culture D List issue their own mea culpas? James Woods. Kid Rock. Chuck Woolery. Etc. These chumps gave a veneer of social credibility to Trump worship. Famous people liking Trump inspired average Joes to jump on the Trump Train, too. Think of it as fashion setting for morons. If these titans of deplorable culture turn, the Trump fetish will suddenly be a lot less cool among the bonehead rank and file. MAGA hats will become the new Z Cavariccis. 

I think (hope?) we’re about to witness a mass slinking-away from MAGA, as the deplorables quietly discard their Trump merch and conveniently forget all about that little American Nazi movement they used to be so jazzed up about.

Just now, BrickHorn said:

I’m actually starting to feel something I haven’t felt in a long time: optimism. We survived a coup attempt and the enablers are facing the truth. 

The GOP establishment has turned its back on Trump and junior fuhrers Hawley and Cruz. 

And now Geraldo Rivera, noted media goofball, condemns Trump. How long until other dim bulbs of the pop culture D List issue their own mea culpas? James Woods. Kid Rock. Chuck Woolery. Etc. These chumps gave a veneer of social credibility to Trump worship. Famous people liking Trump inspired average Joes to jump on the Trump Train, too. Think of it as fashion setting for morons. If these titans of deplorable culture turn, the Trump fetish will suddenly be a lot less cool among the bonehead rank and file. MAGA hats will become the new Z Cavariccis. 

I think (hope?) we’re about to witness a mass slinking-away from MAGA, as the deplorables quietly discard their Trump merch and conveniently forget all about that little American Nazi movement they used to be so jazzed up about.

Don't do it! You are falling for their trap. You get all optimistic and then when the football is pulled away and "ole donny wriggled easily out of this one. welp, nevertheless" comes to pass, the lulz is the oxygen that fuels the conflagration that is the troll farm/Trumpers. No, best to stay silently optimistic and keep these feelings close to the vest, like when not wanting to jinx something.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

BREAKING ON FOX NEWS: DEM CONGRESSWOMAN HAS PURPLE HAIR

who gives a flying fuck?

These old people I talk to, if you could of told em that there would be people IN CONGRESS with green hair and bones in their noses speakin a language they couldnt even understand, well, they just flat out wouldnt of believed you. But what if you’d of told em it was their own grandchildren? Well, all of that is signs and wonders but it dont tell you how it got that way.

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Well all the GOP shitbags that enabled him would also need to admit their own lies and complicity and resign too.

Yea, I guess ideally everyone in the  country would also admit they lies, losses, and apologize.  But it starts with the man at the top.  Oh well, won't happen either way.

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Sweet summer child?

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I’m not feeling it. Our collective response is rather weak and the fascists are being given too much space to operate.  Namely, Donald Trump is still President of the United States one week after he declared war on it. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Rage+1 1

The idea of “now is the time for unity” is such bullshit. You had that opportunity on November 3, vote for the candidate who continuously preached unity* and healing or 4 more years of hellfire and divisiveness. Then the R had another opportunity post election to concede and start the healing and unifying. Then the R had another opportunity during the certification and riot condemnation.

Only now that the chickens are roosting and the consequences being meted out is it time for healing and unity. Nah, kthxbye.

*campaign rhetoric, but at least it’s better than being told f the other side outright explicitly

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Some like to compare the capital breach with BLM protest.  The biggest difference is BLM protests we're based on actual, documented injustices.  Magas were basing their outrage on absolute fiction.  

Not to mention that we can unequivocally assert that the bottom line of the BLM protests were aimed at achieving a moral and noble goal. The terrorism that occurred at the capitol was aimed at overthrowing the elected government of the US and replacing it with an illegitimate, fascist, totalitarian dictator. There is nothing good about what those people were trying to achieve even if you completely ignore all the terroristy stuff that they did to accomplish it.

I've seen a lot of dishonesty in my day, and I can say with 100% certainty that the assertion that what happened several months ago in any way compares to what happened 7 days ago is a Bob Beamoning of the bullshit meter.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

WTH?

Congress woman from Connecticut has purple hair. Cmon dems. This shit is important. 
However of course pubs have a loser with OU facemask defending trump. 

Who fucking cares? Purple hair is pretty tame. I’d take Cyndi Lauper over a lot of members of Congress. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Until Hannity, Carlson, Pirro, and Ingraham flip, he hasn't lost shit that matters.  The primetime opinion shows on Fox are the guys shoveling coal into the engine on the trump train.  

i was gonna say Rush.  if Trump loses Rush, then it's ballgame.  but i don't expect that to happen.  Rush is too stubborn.

gonna be interesting for the GOP if/when Rush dies.  he has been the guiding voice of that party for this millennium for sure, if not longer.  as goes Rush, so goes the GOP.  when he's gone, who is that voice?  we assume it's Trump.  but if Trump doesn't have his Twitter soap box?

that's for a different thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The drama coming:  When McConnell is delivered the article of impeachment and watching how fast he moves will tell us a lot.  

If he moves quickly, it means he understands. 

If he stalls, he’s betraying the country.

I honestly don’t know how to handicap this. 

No one has ever become rich betting on the integrity of Mitch McConnell. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Donald Trump has been the most divisive president, and maybe the most devisive person period, in this history of our country. Fuck the republicans calling for "unity" now. The man used his social media to berate literally everyone he didn't like, including grade school insult names. I just don't understand how people can see this and still think the republicans have any moral ground to stand on, but this is 'murica.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The drama coming:  When McConnell is delivered the article of impeachment and watching how fast he moves will tell us a lot.  

If he moves quickly, it means he understands. 

If he stalls, he’s betraying the country.

I honestly don’t know how to handicap this. 

Money line