Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Pfizer 1 in the arm late this morning. Haven’t noticed any side effects so far. 

I got my dose at CVS in Hutto. Asked the guy administering the shots if there are ever leftover doses at the end of the day. He said there are almost always a few, and to just call around 5 or 5:30 if someone is interested in seeing if they have some available. Might be a good option if you’re in the area. 

Pfizer 1 in the arm late this morning. Haven’t noticed any side effects so far. 

I got my dose at CVS in Hutto. Asked the guy administering the shots if there are ever leftover doses at the end of the day. He said there are almost always a few, and to just call around 5 or 5:30 if someone is interested in seeing if they have some available. Might be a good option if you’re in the area. 

I missed you by a couple of hours.

Good to know about leftovers.

Anyone know how easy it is to change the location for the 2nd shot at CVS. I drove from sw Austin to hutto and would rather not again. I assume it’s the same process as getting the first.

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

Anyone know how easy it is to change the location for the 2nd shot at CVS. I drove from sw Austin to hutto and would rather not again. I assume it’s the same process as getting the first.

Don’t know about rescheduling with CVS. I scheduled my dose 2 for the same place in Hutto at a time that I could just hop over to Louie Mueller in Taylor for lunch after the shot. Looking forward to it!

I missed you by a couple of hours.

Good to know about leftovers.

Don’t cancel your existing appointment until you confirm your new appointment. They only schedule a few days out so you won’t know for a while.

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Good call, but I imagine there's going to be an initial surge that will make getting an appointment a bitch.  But hopefully this means supplies are on their way to catch up with the demand.

I'm supposed to be able to get my second dose this Friday according to the APH card. Hope it happens, because I don't want to have to fight the hoi polloi for it next week.

Got Pfizer #2 on Saturday. Had a few drinks that night. Strange, had chills but I wasn't cold. Ran between 99 and 100 temperature, but that was done by Sunday morning. I was really sore on Sunday, entire body. Felt great yesterday.

Wife got Pfizer #2 on Sunday. Very fatigued on later that evening and yesterday, with a bad headache. 

As I said before, my CVS online appointment was fubar'd by confusing me with another asshole with the same name. They had to delete my online profile and manually put me in. You normally pay extra for that in Bullhead City. After I got my first shot confirmed and the 2nd appointment scheduled, I got a text saying my appointments were cancelled. Computer hell... 

Today I went to CVS, explained wtf was going on and to my surprise they immediately knew who I was and wtf was going on. I think the other guy got there first and did the initial ground work. I'm gtg for my 2nd shot on the 31st.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/21/2021 at 10:59 AM, Texas Jeff said:

My wife got both shots through APH.  She heard nothing from them until the day before she was due for the second shot.  No way to sign up in the portal.  The day before, she got an email with an appointment time and location for the next day.  The location for the second shot was different, so she had to drive to the Austin ISD PAC rather than the Delco Center for the second shot.  So check the location as well as the time and date if you get an email appointment.

Her onsite experience for the second shot was great.  She took a printout for the second appointment with her, which I think had a QR code they scanned, but there was almost no line and she was back home less than an hour after she left.

here's a tweet from APH with a flowchart telling you what to do based on your online portal status:

Second time I’ve seen this posted and it still makes me cringe that they have separate paths for <28 and 28-41 days, but both feed to the exact same thing downstream.  Should just be a section for <42 days on the left, and 42+ on the right.

I'm sure others have vented their frustrations with the process in this thread already, but here's been my experience so far as a Cedar Park resident (Wilco)

• Signed up & got one of the very first batches of free COVID testing in April '20. Never received the results despite numerous attempts to contact them via phone/email (tested neg 2X this past January after attending FIL's funeral in Harper where my wife & I were 2 of 10 people out of 100+ wearing masks)
  • Signed up for the Wilco wait list and got my ID when they announced 1C were eligible. Never received an email for an appointment slot
  • Signed up with APH. "No vaccine is available at this time."
  • Tried the Wilco Health District site which--even though I hadn't had my first--would only give me options to register for a 2nd dose. Said "fuck it, I'll try my luck and try to book a 2nd then explain it when I get there" only to discover that none of the slots that showed as "available" were actually available
  • Called the Wilco Health District Monday morning and after 3 tries actually spoke with a kind lady as I briefly explained my concern (knowing that she's heard this all before). She took my name & info, apologized for the issues (blamed it on their website developer) & promised to call me back. I'm not holding my breath
  • Checked CVS/HEB/BSW, et al every morning around 5AM looking for openings. Today was the first time BSW showed availability so I jumped on it. I have no idea which shot they're giving in Marble Falls but I don't care if I have to make the 2 hour round trip drive twice to get this done

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'm sure others have vented their frustrations with the process in this thread already, but here's been my experience so far as a Cedar Park resident (Wilco)

• Signed up & got one of the very first batches of free COVID testing in April '20. Never received the results despite numerous attempts to contact them via phone/email (tested neg 2X this past January after attending FIL's funeral in Harper where my wife & I were 2 of 10 people out of 100+ wearing masks)
  • Signed up for the Wilco wait list and got my ID when they announced 1C were eligible. Never received an email for an appointment slot
  • Tried the Wilco Health District site which--even though I hadn't had my first--would only give me options to register for a 2nd dose. Said "fuck it, I'll try my luck and try to book a 2nd then explain it when I get there" only to discover that none of the slots that showed as "available" were actually available
  • Called the Wilco Health District Monday morning and after 3 tries actually spoke with a kind lady as I briefly explained my concern (knowing that she's heard this all before). She took my name & info, apologized for the issues (blamed it on their website developer) & promised to call me back. I'm not holding my breath
  • Checked CVS/HEB/BSW, et al every morning around 5AM looking for openings. Today was the first time BSW showed availability so I jumped on it. I have no idea which shot they're giving in Marble Falls but I don't care if I have to make the 2 hour round trip drive twice to get this done

that sucks to go through all that. i hope it works out.

I'll say it again, anyone and everyone can get a CVS shot in Lubbock.  They STILL continue to always show availability on the CVS website despite every other city in Texas showing fully booked.  I realize no one wants to go to Lubbock, but it's an option.  We happened to be driving back through there seeing the in-laws and decided to just get a shot there.  you can book your 2nd shot back in your 'hood and don't need to go back.

- But keep checking CVS on Wednesdays and Thursdays each week as that's when they normally open up new appts

18 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

If you or anyone else is still looking:

1. Make sure you are on UT's list -- anyone eligible can join.

https://uthealthaustin.org/patient-resources/covid-19-updates/covid-19-vaccination

Pfizer quantities are going up next week and UT is a Pfizer site.

2. On Monday and on Thursdays, at 5:45 PM, try to get in line with APH:

https://covid19.austintexas.gov/s/?language=en_US

The big batch of appointments has been going out Monday nights, but there are sometimes extras on Thursday nights.  Make sure you can sign in to your account prior to 5:45.  If you can't, try adding ".aph" to your user name.  For example, joe@gmail.com would be joe@gmail.com.aph.  Don't ask why ... just try it.  At 5:45 you will be placed in an online queue.  At 6pm they will randomly assign you a place in line to get an appointment.  If you are 3000th in line and they have 3001 appointments, you'll get one if you just wait.  People drop out so even if you are 4000th in line for 3000 appointments you have a chance.  "Waiting" means you just have a browser open until it is your turn to pick an appointment.  Check out Austin Public Health on twitter to see when appointments are being released.

Monday night you could have just logged in and gotten an appointment.  For about a hour they had appointments available and an empty waiting room.  They eventually filled the appointments.

3. https://coryellhealth.org is north of Ft Hood, about an hour north of Austin.  They tend to dump all of their appointments for the week at one time.  If you catch them just after the dump, you can get an appointment.

Edited by Texas Jeff