Jump to content

Bam Margera not doing so hot


Recommended Posts

Jesus. I watched all of the jackasses and viva la bam shows. I guess when you peak in your teens and early 20s, your demographic audience grows up and forget about you. Doesn’t help his life went down the shitter after Ryan Dunn suddenly died. I’d say get help but looks like he’s already tried

Link to post
Share on other sites

He was posting weird shit all day on IG. One said “fuck all the jackass guys” something like that. So sad. Mental illness is serious. He’s got a ton of high end cars and was like how much this dude got. Looked up his net worth $45,000,000. Doesn’t buy happiness everyone 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is sad to see, but this guy could be a completely different person in 8 months by going sober and getting on some meds. I think he’ll eventually get there. its more a question how many years is he going to lose before that happens. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, immamac said:

fuckup

[ fuhk-uhp ]

 

noun Slang: Vulgar.

a person who bungles or botches, especially a habitual bungler

Fair enough. Some people make a career and millions of dollars out of it - which he did. I think most skaters in the late 90s/early 00s probably dreamt of being Bam Margera - or getting to do the things he did. The king of fuck ups across America, so to speak.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fair enough. Some people make a career and millions of dollars out of it - which he did. I think most skaters in the late 90s/early 00s probably dreamt of being Bam Margera - or getting to do the things he did. The king of fuck ups across America, so to speak.

Just reading some of the comments in the OP shed some light. While stevo and novack went on to rehab and better themselves for years, Bam consistently relapsed. But like you said, his style was doing what he wanted, when he wanted. He even says it in the viva la bam intro. Haha

So it sounds like it’s been a brewing toxic situation for 2 decades and Bam still hasn’t figured it out. Sad because he has a young kid.

His teeth look disgusting
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Jesus. I watched all of the jackasses and viva la bam shows. I guess when you peak in your teens and early 20s, your demographic audience grows up and forget about you. Doesn’t help his life went down the shitter after Ryan Dunn suddenly died. I’d say get help but looks like he’s already tried

Dunn passing away was his tipping point. Never recovered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Neither does poverty. 

Honestly, its much more dependent on the person’s individual personality.  I have experienced a few completely miserable multi-millionaires.  Whatever “it” is that allows a person to live a happy life money is not the singular answer.  

Edited by Incredulity
Correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Honestly, its much more dependent on the person’s individual personality.  I have experienced a few completely miserable multi-millionaires.  Whatever “it” is that allows a person to live a happy life money is not the singular answer.  

It’s a joke.  
 

But I agree with you. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not speaking really as much about this board but Reddit and others.  Everyone wants to play armchair psychologist, but really it's up to him. He looks like shit, for sure. He could figure it out and turn his life around tomorrow or he may be dead by Easter.  Nobody knows.  Just pray for him or leave him be.  I get weirded out by the public's fascination with celebrity self-destruction.  It almost feels like, "Hey, you were a big deal and I never was, so I'm rooting for you to fall apart."   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not speaking really as much about this board but Reddit and others.  Everyone wants to play armchair psychologist, but really it's up to him. He looks like shit, for sure. He could figure it out and turn his life around tomorrow or he may be dead by Easter.  Nobody knows.  Just pray for him or leave him be.  I get weirded out by the public's fascination with celebrity self-destruction.  It almost feels like, "Hey, you were a big deal and I never was, so I'm rooting for you to fall apart."   

 

Reddit is fucking terrible. I don't know if it has declined a lot in recent years but every time I peruse over there I just shake my head. And it used to be my jam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Reddit is fucking terrible. I don't know if it has declined a lot in recent years but every time I peruse over there I just shake my head. And it used to be my jam.

 

It might be.  Unfortunately I'm in the window where all of the degenerate sites are too close to distinguish.  I'll take your word.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tom said:

 

It might be.  Unfortunately I'm in the window where all of the degenerate sites are too close to distinguish.  I'll take your word.

I'm sure it's still fine compared to other sites. There are still some decent subreddits - the soccer one I probably come back to the most. So much of it as a whole is just people thinking they're woke or edgy or - in general - smarter and more interesting than they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm sure it's still fine compared to other sites. There are still some decent subreddits - the soccer one I probably come back to the most. So much of it as a whole is just people thinking they're woke or edgy or - in general - smarter and more interesting than they are.

Isn’t that just..... the internet, at this point?

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought the most talented of that whole group was Brandon Dicamillo... then he didn't do shit. I saw an interview with him from like 07 where he was like "fuck cell phones, fuck the internet, etc"... I mean that was only a few years after CKY and Jackass and he was looking rough. Turned out he was just another white trash cool guy that washed out in his late 20s. I think Dunn could've been the one who made the most of that stardom but .. ya know. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I always thought the most talented of that whole group was Brandon Dicamillo... then he didn't do shit. I saw an interview with him from like 07 where he was like "fuck cell phones, fuck the internet, etc"... I mean that was only a few years after CKY and Jackass and he was looking rough. Turned out he was just another white trash cool guy that washed out in his late 20s. I think Dunn could've been the one who made the most of that stardom but .. ya know. 

If I remember Dicamillo didn’t want anything to do with Hollywood. West Chester/Filly Delphia were his stamping grounds and enough for him.

If fucking Brandon Novak can get clean, I have hope for Bam. I wonder if Haggard is streaming anywhere.

Try getting this made in 2021:

 

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...