2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

2 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Roach

Hide contents

— Texas might have a second chance at a portal wide receiver they thought they'd missed out on. A source close to Isaiah Neyor tells Horns247 that the Wyoming transfer and Tennessee commit is expected to be in Austin tomorrow for a one-day visit. Neyor committed to the Vols a few weeks ago, but he visited Ole Miss after making his commitment. The source tells me this will come down to Texas and Tennessee as Neyor looks to make a final decision. We'll be tracking him tomorrow, but I think the Longhorns have a chance to close hard and get the portal receiver they've been looking for.

Oh My God Wow GIF

16 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Roach

Hide contents

— Texas might have a second chance at a portal wide receiver they thought they'd missed out on. A source close to Isaiah Neyor tells Horns247 that the Wyoming transfer and Tennessee commit is expected to be in Austin tomorrow for a one-day visit. Neyor committed to the Vols a few weeks ago, but he visited Ole Miss after making his commitment. The source tells me this will come down to Texas and Tennessee as Neyor looks to make a final decision. We'll be tracking him tomorrow, but I think the Longhorns have a chance to close hard and get the portal receiver they've been looking for.

This seems to be a trend with this staff. Not good enough to close on the initial commit, but they just don't go away and are prepared to go down with the ship. It's an admirable quality but I am conflicted about it for the long term.

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

This seems to be a trend with this staff. Not good enough to close on the initial commit, but they just don't go away and are prepared to go down with the ship. It's an admirable quality but I am conflicted about it for the long term.

Seems like we passed to chase Mario Williams and circled back after we missed.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Seems like we passed to chase Mario Williams and circled back after we missed.

Texas and Ole Miss both started classes today. Tennessee starts classes on Monday, January 24th.

I don't see Ole Miss getting back in his recruitment. He very well might be sightseeing before returning to Rocky Top next week.

I'm not ready to get my hopes for a second time on Neyor.

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

Shawn Robinson's winding road heads to Manhattan

Is this the same Shawn Robinson that was a 5-star QB in the 2017 recruiting class that won a state title at DeSoto? LMAO. I wanted UT to take Robinson as the QB in that recruiting class instead of Ehlinger.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Whoa. Neyor visiting tomorrow per Roach. Down to us and Tennessee.

3 hours ago, Teryor said:

Roach

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure which site broke the news 1st, but here IT's reporting on it:

Spoiler

1/18/22 at 10:18 PM  CST

By: Gerry and Justin

Former Arlington (TX) Lamar wide receiver and current Tennessee pledge Isaiah Neyor is tentatively set to visit Texas tomorrow, sources tell IT.

The former Wyoming wideout had an in-home with Steve Sarkisian tonight.

Visited Ole Miss Jan 12-13th. He committed to Tennessee on Jan 8th, but that is shaky.

Stay tuned.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Texas and Ole Miss both started classes today. Tennessee starts classes on Monday, January 24th.

I don't see Ole Miss getting back in his recruitment. He very well might be sightseeing before returning to Rocky Top next week.

I'm not ready to get my hopes for a second time on Neyor.

Last day to enroll is beginning of February 

7 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Lol at tennessee calling Texas “little t” 😂😂😂

Cant wait to beat the fuck out of them 

Seriously, the absolute audacity of them. We've rightfully earned so much shit talk from a large sect of college football, but Tennessee is just about the last school that has any right to be claiming dominance over us. 

Also friendly reminder that the Texas state constitution called for the creation of the University of Texas back when fake UT was still East Tennessee University.

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Seriously, the absolute audacity of them. We've rightfully earned so much shit talk from a large sect of college football, but Tennessee is just about the last school that has any right to be claiming dominance over us. 

Also friendly reminder that the Texas state constitution called for the creation of the University of Texas back when fake UT was still East Tennessee University.

So you’re saying that their school is older?

And we know from Texas history class that their state is older…

…and that the Texians would have never beaten the Mexican Abolishionist Army without Volunteers from Tennessee that helped guarantee 29 more years of slavery, so…

They were first and we wouldn’t exist without them. 🤷‍♂️ Who cares?

There are (at least):

2 USC’s

3 OSU’s

2 MSU’s

Countless UM’s/MU’s, CU’s/UC’s… but they never seem to be in the same conference.

It’s as dumb as getting worked up over horns down sightings. 🙄

I’d still prefer to stay in the (what would be a 14 team) Big XII if we have kissed away going to the PAC-12, but if we do end up joining the SEC, there will be TWOUT”s and then, we will be known as TEX on the scoreboards and they will be TEN or TENN

“UT” will cease to be our shorthand.

It’s time to start getting used to it. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Fuck You 1

37 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

21 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

So you’re saying that their school is older?

And we know from Texas history class that their state is older…

…and that the Texians would have never beaten the Mexican Abolishionist Army without Volunteers from Tennessee that helped guarantee 29 more years of slavery, so…

They were first and we wouldn’t exist without them. 🤷‍♂️ Who cares?

Ahhhhhhh shit! It's a fucking history smackdown!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Neyor talk on visiting Texas begins on this page on VolNation

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/tx-wr-isaiah-neyor-tennessee-commit.336757/page-32

“I bet it’s distance. People around him probably trying to talk him in to staying closer to home. Which I understand, but as a receiver, playing for Sark over Heupel would be a bad career decision.”

Yes, I’m sure Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, and Jerry Jeudy are all really regretting that they played for Sark for two years. If only they had transferred to UCF a couple years ago…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

That has to be a troll, right? I mean the first receiver to win the Heisman in over 20 years and only the third ever played for Sark. He had a freshman all-american this year. Not even Tennessee fans can be that stupid, right?

Sark has a shit ton of issues and weaknesses he needs to improve if he's going to succeed, but wide receiver performance isn't one of them. And we just got the WR coach who had the Biletnikoff winner this year.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

That has to be a troll, right? I mean the first receiver to win the Heisman in over 20 years and only the third ever played for Sark. He had a freshman all-american this year. Not even Tennessee fans can be that stupid, right?

I can think of 5 people I’ve met that attended Tenn. 4 of them are absolutely this stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

Lol at tennessee calling Texas “little t” 😂😂😂

Cant wait to beat the fuck out of them 

Because we've had so much success beating the fuck out of teams lately. Probably my ptsd kicking in, but I'm not talking smack to any team, when we're losing to Kansas. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Neyor talk on visiting Texas begins on this page on VolNation

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/tx-wr-isaiah-neyor-tennessee-commit.336757/page-32

It’s nice to see the other fanbase is already accepting that Neyor is gone while we are busy rationalizing that this just a “for fun” visit and not getting hopes up.  The stoppable force meets the moveable object.

• Haha 4

Obviously Edge is still a take if one comes available, but if we can get Mathis I like where we are. According to this interview, Alfred Collins is going to lose weight this offseason and try to give Edge another go. 

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/football/2022/01/19/texas-football-alfred-collins-says-theres-still-room-improvement/6562135001/

Spoiler

Like Texas football coaches and teammates, Alfred Collins endured a disappointing 5-7 season. It included a six-game losing skid, the longest since 1956.

But Collins is remaining a Longhorn. He said he has no plans to enter the transfer portal and find greener pastures elsewhere. Label the Cedar Creek alum an optimist.

“(The season) didn’t go as planned, but I feel like it’s up from here,” Collins said last week in the library of Creek Creek Middle School, which he attended years ago and where his mother, Benita, currently teaches seventh grade mathematics. “That’s how I’m looking at it.”

That type of positive attitude in the face of adversity could be contagious.

Collins, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound defensive end, believes that improvement will come by “just perfecting the craft and the defensive scheme,” which was introduced by the new staff.

Eyes on Texas: Working in silence is Alfred Collins’ mantra, but time to raise the volume

The defense ranked only No. 114 of out 130 Football Bowl Subdivision teams against the run, allowing 201 yards a game. In terms of sacks, it was tied for 98th with 1.67 a game.

“I feel once we get to know the scheme even better, it’ll allow us to get pressure on the quarterback and stop runs,” Collins said.

Collins, a sophomore, played in all 12 games and started four after an injury to Jacoby Jones. He finished the season with 25 tackles (15 solo) and two sacks.

“Obviously, (my season) could have been better,” he said. “There’s still room for improvement. I have a lot of work to do, get stronger, work on my pass rush.”

Collins played at more than 300 pounds but said he intends to remain under that weight.

“I don’t like being over 300,” he said. “It makes me slower.”

Collins didn’t relax during the semester break. He spent nearly every day at HT Fitness on Highway 21 in Cedar Creek lifting weights.

“I want to work on my explosiveness and quickness,” he said.

Upon his return to campus, Collins plans to meet with Torre Becton, the director of sport performance, to set up a regimen in the weight room.

“Get with the experts,” Collins said. “I believe in him and what he has to say.”

Bohls:My preseason Texas predictions were off the mark — just like the football team

Texas defensive end Alfred Collins was selected first-team academic All-Big 12 for his freshman year, which requires a 3.2 GPA. This past fall, the sophomore said he earned a 3.4 GPA.

The Texas coaching staff signed eight defensive linemen to enter as freshmen, more than any position. Collins relishes the competition.

“I love it,” he said. “It’ll make me step my game up. I don’t want any freshman coming in and taking my spot. They may try to take my spot, but I don’t want that to happen. So that’s going to make me elevate my game.”

If Collins has a breakout junior season, he said he would consider entering the NFL draft.

"I want to have a great season this year,” he said. “If I can stay one more year and better my (NFL) stock, then I will. That’s the ideal. If not, I’ll stay (for a fourth year).”

In the classroom, Collins was selected first-team academic All-Big 12 for his freshman year, which requires a 3.2 GPA. Last fall, he said he earned a 3.4 GPA.

At age 20, Collins hasn’t yet taken his road test for a driver’s license. He’s heard the wait for the test is six months because of the COVID-19 pandemic. He didn’t appear too concerned about it, though.

His only concern at the moment is being an improved version of himself on the football field.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Obviously Edge is still a take if one comes available, but if we can get Mathis I like where we are. According to this interview, Alfred Collins is going to lose weight this offseason and try to give Edge another go. 

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/football/2022/01/19/texas-football-alfred-collins-says-theres-still-room-improvement/6562135001/

Reveal hidden contents

Like Texas football coaches and teammates, Alfred Collins endured a disappointing 5-7 season. It included a six-game losing skid, the longest since 1956.

But Collins is remaining a Longhorn. He said he has no plans to enter the transfer portal and find greener pastures elsewhere. Label the Cedar Creek alum an optimist.

“(The season) didn’t go as planned, but I feel like it’s up from here,” Collins said last week in the library of Creek Creek Middle School, which he attended years ago and where his mother, Benita, currently teaches seventh grade mathematics. “That’s how I’m looking at it.”

Collins, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound defensive end, believes that improvement will come by “just perfecting the craft and the defensive scheme,” which was introduced by the new staff.

Eyes on Texas: Working in silence is Alfred Collins’ mantra, but time to raise the volume

The defense ranked only No. 114 of out 130 Football Bowl Subdivision teams against the run, allowing 201 yards a game. In terms of sacks, it was tied for 98th with 1.67 a game.

“I feel once we get to know the scheme even better, it’ll allow us to get pressure on the quarterback and stop runs,” Collins said.

Collins, a sophomore, played in all 12 games and started four after an injury to Jacoby Jones. He finished the season with 25 tackles (15 solo) and two sacks.

“Obviously, (my season) could have been better,” he said. “There’s still room for improvement. I have a lot of work to do, get stronger, work on my pass rush.”

Collins played at more than 300 pounds but said he intends to remain under that weight.

Collins didn’t relax during the semester break. He spent nearly every day at HT Fitness on Highway 21 in Cedar Creek lifting weights.

Upon his return to campus, Collins plans to meet with Torre Becton, the director of sport performance, to set up a regimen in the weight room.

“Get with the experts,” Collins said. “I believe in him and what he has to say.”

Bohls:My preseason Texas predictions were off the mark — just like the football team

Texas defensive end Alfred Collins was selected first-team academic All-Big 12 for his freshman year, which requires a 3.2 GPA. This past fall, the sophomore said he earned a 3.4 GPA.

The Texas coaching staff signed eight defensive linemen to enter as freshmen, more than any position. Collins relishes the competition.

“I love it,” he said. “It’ll make me step my game up. I don’t want any freshman coming in and taking my spot. They may try to take my spot, but I don’t want that to happen. So that’s going to make me elevate my game.”

If Collins has a breakout junior season, he said he would consider entering the NFL draft.

"I want to have a great season this year,” he said. “If I can stay one more year and better my (NFL) stock, then I will. That’s the ideal. If not, I’ll stay (for a fourth year).”

In the classroom, Collins was selected first-team academic All-Big 12 for his freshman year, which requires a 3.2 GPA. Last fall, he said he earned a 3.4 GPA.

At age 20, Collins hasn’t yet taken his road test for a driver’s license. He’s heard the wait for the test is six months because of the COVID-19 pandemic. He didn’t appear too concerned about it, though.

His only concern at the moment is being an improved version of himself on the football field.

Not ideal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Reveal hidden contents

He doesn't say that he's going to try and give edge another go, although you can try and imply that if you want

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)