2022 DT Jaray Bledsoe

texifornia

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/texas-snags-on3-4-star-jaray-bledsoe/

How he fits at Texas: Bledsoe has some unreal explosiveness at 6-foot-4, 270 pounds. He played a few different positions along the defensive line as a junior, working some as a 4i-technique and other times further inside as a nose or 3-technique. He has reach but currently relies a lot on his initial burst off the ball, there’s some untapped upside for him as a pass-rusher when he learns to use his hands more. Bledsoe has clear skill as an interior run defender, he gets off the ball too quickly for linemen to get a good handle on him and violently explodes through contact. It looks profoundly not fun for high schoolers dealing with his size, speed, and aggression. In Pete Kwiatkowski’s defense I’d expect to see him develop some pass-rushing moves and serve as a 3-technique, his ability to finish plays with closing burst (check out the running back film) should make him a menace there in time. – Ian Boyd

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Helobious said:

What idiot at that high school picked bulldogs as the mascot instead of Marlins 

Good point.  I wonder what the mascot would be? A picture of the local baker, maybe a city councilman or school teacher. 

The Marlin Marlins...our school team masot is a valued member of our community

56 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Sheesh that’s some good highlights, dude can move. 

What idiot at that high school picked bulldogs as the mascot instead of Marlins 

The idiots who understood that their town is 200 miles from the ocean.

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

As opposed to all the schools with Tiger or Lion mascots that are thousands of miles away from Africa/Asia

Hey man I don't entirely disagree, but at least they've given everyone nightmares, and have been used to represent a certain attitude and image with warriors and military units in the past. I never wake up in a cold sweat after a dream where I was running from a marlin, or give my son a pep-talk where I tell him, "Go be a marlin out there today, son, be a marlin..."