Tell me why we needed to play Hudson Card

MaybeACoordinator

The question is not why Card got to play but why did we run him out for the two minute offense.

It was a reasonable decision to get him some game time. I’d think at this time he’s done here now. Any goals for the season were shot so you need to see where you stand at the most critical position. So you could even argue my first statement is why you put him in for the two minute offense.

Part of the equation is that Casey hasn’t been consistent in the 4 game losing streak.

It’s really quite amazing how as a team we can’t put it together at the same time.

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Card seems to have a very short leash.  If we are going to lose, give the guy some playing time at least.

It’s because he sucks anytime he plays.  He totally collapses and doesn’t have the mental toughness.  Atleast Casey fights his way through adversity.

For everyone that is asking why Card played, bc Casey couldn’t throw with him thumbs. Sark had to ask Casey to suck it up  and play through it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

If we didn’t have the 14 point Card deficit, Casey’s INT doesn’t happen. We would’ve been comfortably in the lead by then and would’ve been running the ball to kill the clock instead of forcing plays.

But Casey’s fumble and int did happen. The QB that leads Texas into the future is not on this roster. That is pretty clear 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It’s because he sucks anytime he plays.  He totally collapses and doesn’t have the mental toughness.  Atleast Casey fights his way through adversity.

For everyone that is asking why Card played, bc Casey couldn’t throw with him thumbs. Sark had to ask Casey to suck it up  and play through it.

This. You can see why Sark gives him a chance. Even in Kansas he looks really good for a series. The sack fumble happens and he folds. He just can’t respond when something goes wrong. I can see he is a kid that probably looks awesome in practice, when it’s a controlled environment 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

This. You can see why Sark gives him a chance. Even in Kansas he looks really good for a series. The sack fumble happens and he folds. He just can’t respond when something goes wrong. I can see he is a kid that probably looks awesome in practice, when it’s a controlled environment 

Yeah, good against our defense and seems to have the tools Sark wants.  Casey is flawed enough that it's tempting to want to replace him.  Card just isn't a realistic option behind this line, maybe ever.  I had thought that maybe he was like Buechele (flinched hard at getting steamrolled, but mostly overcame), but I don't think he is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

He was in for 3 consecutive possessions:

1. 6 play, 68 yard TD
  2. 3 play, -2 yard drive where he fumbled at the 23.  Kansas followed w/ a TD
  3. 1 play, 0 yard INT, pick 6.

He entered the game at 14-7, Kansas.
He left the game at 35-14, Kansas.

I think removing him was the right call.

I couldn't/wasn't able to watch enough for the game and its entirety to realize how bad that was. I was too busy trying to not have a heart attack and not have my wife's divorced me after going ape shit on her because I was too emotionally involved in the damned game.

Reading those stats, and I have no idea how accurate they are just makes me nauseous.

• Hook 'Em 1

Card is a step below an injured Casey, who can barely take snaps without dropping them.  That's saying something.  He's probably decent behind a half-competent OL, but we don't have a half-competent line.  That's also why he shines in practice....our DL can't get pressure on any QB, even against our shitty OL.

I was wanting Card to get another shot and he got it.  He needs to move to receiver or go play professional 7 on 7 (if there is such a thing).  He should never take another snap at QB at Texas.  That being said Casey should not take another snap after the Kansas State game.  If we cant bring in someone better for next year then that’s a good indicator that Sark can’t sell his vision to transfers(Ewers).  

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I was wanting Card to get another shot and he got it.  He needs to move to receiver or go play professional 7 on 7 (if there is such a thing).  He should never take another snap at QB at Texas.  That being said Casey should not take another snap after the Kansas State game.  If we cant bring in someone better for next year then that’s a good indicator that Sark can’t sell his vision to transfers(Ewers).  

Agree on Card.

I think Casey is serviceable and at least gives us a year to redshirt or bring along a new guy.  I'd say replacing Casey via the portal is a relatively low priority.  We have more urgent needs to fill through the portal.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, Codaxx said:

But Casey’s fumble and int did happen. The QB that leads Texas into the future is not on this roster. That is pretty clear 

Thompson would be a good backup assuming he's willing to do that.  At the least, Card needs to sit for multiple seasons before he's ready to play at this level.

7 minutes ago, JMFP said:

I wonder if some people that have given Card some NIL money are pressuring for him to get more playing time?

I think that's happening with Lincoln Riley and Spencer Rattler.

The day NIL sponsors start dictating to a coach who should play will be a cold day in hell. Does anyone actually think that these college athletes are going to raise their sales? No, this is just state sponsored bag games outside of the rare guy like a Tebow. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ this place is Crazytown. 

So Casey throws 6 TDs in a game and we all agree he sucks and is only a little bit better than Hudson fucking Card.

Y'all know that tied Colt's all-time school record, right? Which came in a 63-21 win over a typically pre-Briles shit Baylor squad, so the competition was not much better, if at all. 

Thompson  was much better after he took off the tape, and at some point they showed a graphic of his stats before the injury and after and it was night and day.

Still, I am almost sure I heard Scipio say on EGAT that "we have no QB" which I guess is progress because now they are admitting their golden boy sucks.

20 hours ago, stork642 said:

Agreed. Hudson has been given the opportunity and unfortunately it didn't work out. If he takes any snaps in the future it'll be for mop up duty. Would rather see Charles Wright gets snaps next year over Card. 

On 11/14/2021 at 9:53 AM, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Because he’s Aaron Rodgers part 2 duh (that’ll be $9.95 and for $9.96 you can ask Mr.Aaron Card 1 question from the pre approved list!)

I'll never forget or forgive our 9.95 hype factories for that Aaron Rodgers comp. What a joke. 

Funny thing is, I haven't seen him throw a ball confidently since our spring game. Guess that's because he was facing our defense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1. There was nothing to lose - team was already 4-5

2. There were signs Casey was hurt?

3. Hudson had only legitimately played in, what, 2, 2.5 games? 

All 3 factors together make it defensible to give him a crack - because it wasnt known if he would make a positive difference.  Now it's known.  He fucking sucks.  Done and move on.