Valentine's gift ideas

Sbbruin

Help me out here.  We've been together over 30 years, married 25. While it would be my wish that we not exchange gifts at all, that won't fly.  It need not be anything significant, just thoughtful.  That's where I run into problems.  I can't think of anything.  Clothes are a no go.  Lingerie never makes it into the bedroom.  Small kitchen appliances are too much of a "make me a sammich" idea.  My mind is lazy when it comes to this.  Ideas?  Help a brother out.

39 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Help me out here.  We've been together over 30 years, married 25. While it would be my wish that we not exchange gifts at all, that won't fly.  It need not be anything significant, just thoughtful.  That's where I run into problems.  I can't think of anything.  Clothes are a no go.  Lingerie never makes it into the bedroom.  Small kitchen appliances are too much of a "make me a sammich" idea.  My mind is lazy when it comes to this.  Ideas?  Help a brother out.

What if it was someone else's?

I’m not ragging , but my wife and I have never gotten the whole Valentine’s Day thing . I mean, why this day? Because hallmark says I should? I get much more mileage by giving flowers on random days throughout the year than I do on buying them for 5x on a day that I’m “supposed to”. I get it if you’re in a new relationship and have to in order to get some pussy, but just don’t see it for long term. My two worthless cents . Married 25 years. Get off my lawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

BTW, a vacation seems to be a pretty good present.

Not married but a weekend get-away is my standard gift for the gf now.  A winery, a camping trip, or whatever. I decided recently I’m done buying shit just because someone is due for a gift.  Christmas and birthdays too. Kids are getting trips, concert tickets, etc. Experiences rather than stuff. GF too. Parents and sibling get donations to the charities that mean something to them. 

Unfortunately, Mrs. ROFL is the "Why didn't i get flowers delivered to work so I can show off to everyone" type.

& I absolutely hate buying even more jewelry when she already has plenty that never gets worn.

My brother has a sensible wife who is the "Hey, how about for Xmas we get a new dishwasher?" type & I resent him for that.

Camp Mabry is having a Valentine's "Sweetheart Dance" this Saturday & of course this apparently is a hideous idea... why would I even THINK of that?

https://www.tmfhf.org/what-we-do/events/

I also have our 19th wedding anniversary coming up in Early April, so I get to relive this bullshit again in 2 months.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Unfortunately, Mrs. ROFL is the "Why didn't i get flowers delivered to work so I can show off to everyone" type.

& I absolutely hate buying even more jewelry when she already has plenty that never gets worn.

My brother has a sensible wife who is the "Hey, how about for Xmas we get a new dishwasher?" type & I resent him for that.

Camp Mabry is having a Valentine's "Sweetheart Dance" this Saturday & of course this apparently is a hideous idea... why would I even THINK of that?

https://www.tmfhf.org/what-we-do/events/

I also have our 19th wedding anniversary coming up in Early April, so I get to relive this bullshit again in 2 months.

Uh, send her flowers at work then - seems easy enough.

Valentines Day, her birthday, and our anniversary all within 3 weeks of each other. I used to borderline torture myself trying to get them all right...Finally told her a few years ago I'll do flowers on V-day, gift on B-day, and a trip of some sort for us on anniversary. Been gravy since.

A box or Russell Stovers and a shitty stuffed toy from the local Walgreens should do the trick 
This goes over even better if it is a cheap single stem flower & candies that you get from a gas station around 6p.

*be sure to eat 1 or 2 of the 12 chocolates ("I wanted to make sure it wasn't poisoned")

**flower that unrolls into ladies underwear, one or two sizes up is best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Normally I drop over $100 on birthday, valentine's day, anniversary on flowers delivered from our local florist.

This year I bought 2 dozen roses at Sams for under $30 the moment they put them on display and they look at least as good as what the florist usually delivers, plus she got to use her crystal vase.

The other day she and the girls were out drinking at the bar and she sent me a link to a vibrator that her friend says is a game changer, so I bought it.

Later I asked her how that conversation came up, because I've had a long time low level crush on her friend that suggested it.  She told me I didn't want to know and I said oh come on, I always want to hear about women masturbating.

Apparently it was recommended to her friend by . . .a mutual friend, my ex who I happened to date (read: fucked her silly) for a year prior to meeting my wife.

Small world, SE TX.  I'm the dick that got away.

Also JWilson's has a special valentine's menu, got reservations for that night.

Edited by BearSchlong

Chocolates from a local specialty chocolatier. It says “thoughtful.”

Flowers, but not red roses. Think of a color that looks good on her, or think of a particular flower she really likes (my wife loves peonies and tulips). Again, it shows that you’re being thoughtful and deliberate.

Also….your dick in a box.

Thankfully my wife never likes to make a fuss about Valentine’s Day, but I also don’t want to inadvertently be the guy that ignores her needs, so I usually double check with her in advance.

Me last night: Valentine’s is coming up. Do you want to plan something or do gifts?

Wife: No that’s stupid. We go on nice dates all the time already.

Me: Ok just checking.

Wife: I let you know when I want stuff.

Me: Cool.

• Like 1

Thankfully my wife never likes to make a fuss about Valentine’s Day, but I also don’t want to inadvertently be the guy that ignores her needs, so I usually double check with her in advance.

Me last night: Valentine’s is coming up. Do you want to plan something or do gifts?

Wife: No that’s stupid. We go on nice dates all the time already.

Me: Ok just checking.

Wife: I let you know when I want stuff.

Me: Cool.
It's-a-trap.jpg/gif/bmp

Normally I drop over $100 on birthday, valentine's day, anniversary on flowers delivered from our local florist.
This year I bought 2 dozen roses at Sams for under $30 the moment they put them on display and they look at least as good as what the florist usually delivers, plus she got to use her crystal vase.
The other day she and the girls were out drinking at the bar and she sent me a link to a vibrator that her friend says is a game changer, so I bought it.
Later I asked her how that conversation came up, because I've had a long time low level crush on her friend that suggested it.  She told me I didn't want to know and I said oh come on, I always want to hear about women masturbating.
Apparently it was recommended to her friend by . . .a mutual friend, my ex who I happened to date (read: fucked her silly) for a year prior to meeting my wife.
Small world, SE TX.  I'm the dick that got away.
Also JWilson's has a special valentine's menu, got reservations for that night.

Brand of vibrator? Asking for a friend .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Are you familiar with the term "pegging?"

Not my fetish.  But my common reaction to watching Queer Eye with my daughter is "Being gay would be so much fun if there weren't any penises involved"

My gay friends got a chuckle out of that.  Then mentioned that the whole point of being gay is all the penises involved.

I mean, I'm open minded, but not even a little bit bi curious. No offense to anyone who is.  I've been with females who are, that's thoroughly enjoyable.

14 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I have no idea what brand those ladies were discussing, but.....this one is worth the $200+ it retails for.  

Or so I have been told.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09RB88H72?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

Edited by BearSchlong

Get her a bowling ball
dc4c7309e9fc27ea5c95254531843cdc.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1