Predict your Republican neighbor's rationalization of the 7 hours of missing calls on Trumps Jan 6th Insurrection Afternoon?

horn4life

I am just curious on how your "principled," American (flag pin wearing, flying, or bumper sticker), freedom loving neighbor will justify not having ANY fucking calls from Trump in his taxpayer funded home to ANYONE as the insurrection raged.  How do you OFFICIALLY as a third branch of government put forth a document with no calls for 7 hours as the riot turned insurrection raged with a straight face?

What the fuck is the answer?  I sort of think the most common rationalization will be, "Well... how can you say he was doing anything wrong without knowing who he called?"

What do you guys think will become popular? I haven't seen Fox today so I don't know what the propaganda tool has decided upon yet, but I personally am going to ask every single Republican going forward, what they think about it?  Mainly because I want to hear what asinine rationalizations they come up with for to protect their misinformed snowflake psyches.

"Trump was so focused on de-escalating the situation, that he didn't have time for calls or tweets.  He was meeting with National Guard, Capitol Police leadership, and his National Security team that he probably didn't even have his phone anywhere near him.  I mean, sure there'd be landline records of the Oval Office phone, and other secure White House lines.  But that's not important right now."  

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He ate an entire wheel of cheese the day before and was in the bathroom for 7 hours.

that would explain that expose story about the clogged toilets in the White House.  Ain't no documents in there, just hardened cheese shits.  

See how well we know our Republican friends!  "Whatabout" is the only defense. Which validates my point, and tells me how much fun I am going to have asking folks about it.

"I personally am going to ask every single Republican going forward, what they think about it?  Mainly because I want to hear what asinine rationalizations they come up with for to protect their misinformed snowflake psyches."

I think I am going to print up some business cards to have some fun with this! HELP ME pick out the response boxes to put on the back!!!So far THANKS to your response check boxes I have so far, I am thinking I need 6 check boxes, plus the rarely used micro check box

1) Clinton

2) Hunter Biden

3) What About

4) General incoherent rationalization

5) Realization (thinking this needs to be teeny tiny box barely legible for this one)

9 minutes ago, horn4life said:

4) General incoherent rationalization

The country is going to shit and you're worried about phone calls. That's all the libs care about these days, phone calls. Try worrying about the murder rates in San Francisco and Chicago instead of who made what phone call when. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

they finally got to see the pulled phone data.  And just like the tower logs at Gitmo under Col. Jessup, there's a 7 hour gap of just "no calls/no texts/no data rates will apply"

The only 7-hour window of daylight in 4 years that he wasn't active on his phone.  I've heard of coincidences, I've just never seen one.

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Is this factual (calls missing?) or educated speculation?

This.  Has new shit come to light?  I think it kind of makes the point that if we on this forum, who pay WAY more attention than the average American, don't immediately know what you are talking about, the red hats will never be exposed to this information.  They won't know what you are talking about.

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Is this factual (calls missing?) or educated speculation?

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

This.  Has new shit come to light?  I think it kind of makes the point that if we on this forum, who pay WAY more attention than the average American, don't immediately know what you are talking about, the red hats will never be exposed to this information.  They won't know what you are talking about.

It's newly confirmed that there is no official records of calls or communication during that time period, despite public reporting to the contrary. In a statement last night, Trump said, "I have no idea what a burner phone is, to the best of my knowledge I have never even heard the term." Putting two and two together, it's a reasonable inference that they used burner phones which shows an intent to conceal their actions and that they knew it was wrong.

Seems important for prosecutors to have the leverage to proceed

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

In a statement last night, Trump said, "I have no idea what a burner phone is, to the best of my knowledge I have never even heard the term."

When you run that through the Dotard Translator 3000, you get "I know exactly what a burner phone is, because I have used quite a few of them, including on January 6th."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's newly confirmed that there is no official records of calls or communication during that time period, despite public reporting to the contrary. In a statement last night, Trump said, "I have no idea what a burner phone is, to the best of my knowledge I have never even heard the term." Putting two and two together, it's a reasonable inference that they used burner phones which shows an intent to conceal their actions and that they knew it was wrong.

I see it in the 1/6 thread now.  Thanks.

The way you tell he's actually learned what something is is he would say, "You got a lot of people talking about burner phones.  These phones that you get to use for like a day, or one call even."  If he had phrased it like that, I would have believed him that he never knew what they were because that's how he couches his ignorance.  When he comes out adamantly and categorically dismissing something like that, that's when he actually knows what the thing/concept is. 

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It is factual.  The records of the National Archives have a huge gap on 1/6. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/jan-panel-missing-roughly-hours-trumps-phone-calls-83739908

I think this may actually bode well for a criminal prosecution, both as a separate minor offense, and circumstantial/inferential evidence of guilt on the obstruction of official proceeding charge.

27 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Awesome, toss it on the pile of serious crimes everyone knows Trump committed but which no prosecutor has the sack to charge.  

“Yes yes I realize this may be a concerning situation.  However, what of the Jewish soros Mexican Muslims invading our borders and aborting and stealing jobs from hard working American fetuses?!?”

that’s intended as satire but it’s not far off from some of the deflections that will be put forth by the GQP. 

Fuck all traitors. 

Puhleese. Everyone knows that family time is phone-free time and no one is better at being with family than Donald J. Trump. The former President was spending those hours surrounded by his doting sons and daughter...um...daughters along with his adoring wife, Melania and her son.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

They won't have the slightest fucking idea what you are talking about. And if by some miracle they do, their response will be "so what?"

Yea, this.  The echo chamber of bullshit won't even mention this magical gap in POTUS' phone logs on 1/6.

I'd like to hear Kevin McCarthy's testimony regarding his phone call with Trump during the insurrection.  I assume it fell within the 7 hour window where no phone calls happened.  He's already admitted to it, publicly.

What number did you call, Kevin?

Oops

• Like 1

I realize this is not wholly consistent with the point of the thread, but I don't really care.

WaPo on McCarthy-Trump call

Spoiler

As the top House Republican, Rep. Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) talked quite a bit with President Donald Trump during and after the attack on the Capitol. That’s why the House’s Jan. 6 committee wants to talk to him.

But much of what McCarthy allegedly said to Trump has been reported only secondhand. The committee wants to hear from McCarthy himself about these high-level conversations that took place during the riot and after. It’s not clear they’re going to be able to.

What, exactly, do we know about those conversations, and how could they be helpful to the committee’s investigation of that day?

Here’s a timeline, based in part on news reports but also McCarthy’s own words at the time — he was quite forthcoming in the days after the attack about his conversations with Trump. Today, he is claiming ignorance about much of this.

Jan. 6: A heated call during the attack
McCarthy said he was the first person to talk to Trump during the riot. And from what we know about that conversation, it was intense — Punchbowl News reported that McCarthy and Trump were screaming at each other as McCarthy asked the president to call off the rioters. They reported that Trump offered to send a tweet, and McCarthy said that wasn’t good enough.

Advertisement
“I was very clear with the president when I called him,” McCarthy told CBS’s Norah O’Donnell in an interview during the attack. “This has to stop, and he has to go to the American public and tell them to stop this.”

Trump seemed adamant about not doing what McCarthy asked. “Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are,” he said, according to a GOP member of Congress, Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (Wash.), who recounted McCarthy’s account to her of what happened.

A year later, McCarthy re-characterized the call as much more benign. “My conversation was very short, advising the president what was happening here,” he told reporters this week about it.

Jan. 11: McCarthy has a lengthy, emotional conversation with Trump
In this call, McCarthy said that Trump accepted some responsibility for the riot. “He told me personally that he does have some responsibility. I think a lot of people do,” McCarthy said of the call in a local radio interview at the time, an interview re-upped Friday by CNN.

Advertisement
Shortly after his call with Trump, McCarthy told Republican lawmakers about it in a private call that same day, Politico reported at the time. It reported that McCarthy said he “urged Trump to call up Biden and congratulate him for his win.”

“I asked him personally today if he holds responsibility for what happened. If he feels bad about what happened. He told me he does have some responsibility for what happened. But he needs to acknowledge that,” CNN reports McCarthy told Republican lawmakers.

McCarthy told the Bakersfield newspaper, the Californian, that he urged Trump in this call to accept that he lost the election. “Stop this!” he recounted telling the president, adding that he also pushed back on Trump describing the attackers as left-wing antifa: “The president said there was some antifa there. I said, ‘No, the people arrested, they’re MAGA.’ ”

Advertisement
The Jan. 6 committee says this call also may have veered into what could happen to Trump as punishment: “It appears that you may also have discussed with President Trump the potential he would face a censure resolution, impeachment, or removal under the 25th Amendment.” They say this call in particular can lend insight into Trump’s “state of mind” after the attack.

This is a really key moment in the timeline. If Trump accepted some responsibility for the attack, even privately, it could dent the narrative he has built up since. Trump has spent the past year more or less defending the attackers, saying the “real insurrection” happened on Election Day, when he lost reelection.

But McCarthy now says he doesn’t remember such a remarkable call. “I’m not sure what call you’re talking about,” he told reporters this week. (CNN quickly re-upped audio of him recounting the call days afterward.)

And it didn’t seem to have an impact on Trump publicly at the time. A day after he ostensibly accepted some responsibility to McCarthy, Trump told reporters that the speech he gave to the attackers before they entered the Capitol was “totally appropriate.”

Around the same time as that Jan. 11 call
As Congress geared up to impeach Trump over the attack, McCarthy asked fellow Republicans if they thought he should call on Trump to resign, the New York Times reported at the time. Lots of publications reported that McCarthy brought up the idea of at least a historic censure of the president.

Advertisement
McCarthy dismissed — but didn’t outright deny — that reporting in his interview with the Californian. “I do not think the president will step down, even if somebody asked him,” he said.

Jan. 28: A private meeting at Mar-a-Lago
Days after Trump left office, McCarthy visited the former president in Florida. And this is where the tables seem to have turned, the committee suggests: “Your public statements regarding January 6 have changed markedly since you met with Trump,” the committee says of McCarthy, pointing out that his criticism of the president shifted into defending his response.

The committee even broaches the idea that Trump engaged in witness tampering in this meeting, notes The Post’s Aaron Blake. The impeachment trial was coming, and McCarthy would have been a key witness (lawmakers ultimately decided not to call them).

That spring in an interview with then-Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, McCarthy denied ever being coerced by Trump on what to say about their calls about the attack. “Never even close,” he said.

24 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Donald Trump and a majority of the Republican party attempted a coup. They continue to cover it up, obstruct its investigation, and vote against any accountability. Any person that denies these facts or continues to support the Republican party is a huge fucking delete from my life. 

tenor.gif?itemid=14008105&f=1&nofb=1

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1