Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

9 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

I'm afraid the vast majority of the SECrant crowd is too dumb to know how stupid they are and will inundate us with goofy bullshit.

I’d like to see LSUfreek make an appearance now & then. That guy did solid work.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, deech said:

This thread is 280 pages of people thinking they are first to post funny tweets, images, or videos that they think no one else has seen despite the fact that the tweet, image, or video has been posted for a week now.  SIAP

Don’t be sorry about posting something that is 100% correct. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, deech said:

This thread is 280 pages of people thinking they are first to post funny tweets, images, or videos that they think no one else has seen despite the fact that the tweet, image, or video has been posted for a week now.  SIAP

Complaining about that is to complain about the very essence of Surly

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Pancho, what’s the badge on your avatar represent? I presume moderator? I think I’ve only seen it on Imma’s as well, not sure if Blacklab has one too.

No clue.  Haven’t even noticed!  

Now I’m like aggy after this week:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Gators loved us some Roll Left Longhorns. The Buckeyes ruining Jake the Snakes’ night completed the path to eventual Nole destruction and our first MNC.

I was in New Orleans for that game, wore a UT shirt, and didn’t pay for a drink that night.

1 hour ago, Flg8rfan said:

Welcome to SEC Shorts, sorry if already posted.

I didn’t watch this the first 4 times it was posted on here but this was great.  I chuckled. 
is this where I +rep because I like it, -rep because so many are crying about multiple posts like a bunch of snowflakes or +hate rep because surly? 

1 hour ago, deech said:

You make a valid point but did anyone ever find out the time of the SEC meeting on Thursday?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, deech said:

9B8EB552-D4D5-454D-B788-44E43FB8E13C.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Pancho, what’s the badge on your avatar represent? I presume moderator? I think I’ve only seen it on Imma’s as well, not sure if Blacklab has one too.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

No clue.  Haven’t even noticed!  

Now the Pancho woke to nature's call, and stumbled for a tree,
Behind the bush he lifts his kilt, and gawks at what he sees,
And in a startled voice he says, to what's before his eyes,
Ah*, lad I don't know where ya been but I see ya won first prize!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Some talking head just claimed the Texas/OU game now being an SEC game will put it on the map as a big rivalry game, for fuck’s sake.

yep, we gotta prepare for the constant "if it's new to me, it's new to everyone!" discovering that SEC fans are going to be doing with regard to Texas and OU

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

yep, we gotta prepare for the constant "if it's new to me, it's new to everyone!" discovering that SEC fans are going to be doing with regard to Texas and OU

Fans are one thing, but it’s ridiculous for someone paid to cover football to push that narrative. Not surprising, but still ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Some talking head just claimed the Texas/OU game now being an SEC game will put it on the map as a big rivalry game, for fuck’s sake.

What a moron.  I’m sure there are rivalries out there I’m not familiar with, but anyone who gets paid to talk sports for a living that doesn’t know the RRS is a storied rivalry should be shown the door.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yeah, I heard that on the Finebaum video and winced. I think he was meaning more in the now elevated status of the game since we're now in the greatest conference evar! 

I am happy that the move to the SEC means Texas OU will once again have greater meaning since the Big 12 dumb championship game meant you could lose the game in the Cotton Bowl because you had a chance to win it at dumb JerryWorld. A testament to Big 12 stupidity. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yea I saw the repeat of the Paul Finebaum show from yesterday where this was chatted about.  Didn’t get that at all due the fact it’s always made the top of the rivalry list along with Michigan/Ohio State, Bama/Auburn, Florida/Georgia, etc.   

Now what they are missing is the fact the Texas/Arkansas rivalry might be rekindled and become a big deal.   I mean some of our own fan base doesn’t know how intense it was a few decades ago thanks to them not being around to see it or not being educated about it from old timers. 

Yeah, the extra s in the Arkansas tweet was a nice touch. I think, outside of aggy, that the SEC fans will enjoy our addition because as I said to my Mizzou friend, "you know what's better than having Texas in your conference...beating Texas in your conference". To which he agreed. We're everyone's favorite villain and we should be okay with that. I think Arkansas fans will love us coming back because those inbreds love to hate Texas. Beat Texas Week will return to Fayettenam. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

About Arkansas.....

My wife (no pics assholes) got her master's degree from UT.  Her dad is an old SWC Arky fans so by default, he hates all things Texas and UT.  So, at the graduation, he wears a red shirt on purpose.  While they sang the Eyes of Texas, she looked up in the stands and saw one red dot in a sea of orange with his arms crossed while the rest of the crowd did the hook 'em horns sign.

The old Arkies absolutely hate UT and all things Texas.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Armybrat said:

So say the amateurs.
My OU pregame used to start at 7pm  Friday night on Commerce Street and usually ended around 2am Sunday morning in the Adolphus.

To be fair, that's back before they changed the concept of time and hours were only 25 minutes long.

23 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Came into the office today, usually get in early and it's relatively empty. New chick that just graduated a few months ago from TCU is also here.

Next thing I know, she's fucking spitting fire at me about Texas" "ruining college athletics and I hope you guys lose every game in every sport for the rest of your lives! you couldn't handle losing to us every year so you grabbed your balls and went home!"

"We don't grab balls. You're thinking of the aggies. When they did that last, you fell ass backwards into this dumpster fire of a conference. You just got to take advantage of the worst decade in Texas football history and we still have a record of like 60-20 against your program. You should be thanking Texas for that last glimmer of relevance and figuring out how to help elevate the AAC to an autobid conference after it dismantles the Big 12 and hopefully, for you, grabs TCU in doing so. Regardless, you're welcome, and maybe we'll schedule y'all as a cupcake sometime in the nonconference."

Then she literally screamed at me about "not going to the fucking AAC! the SEC should be inviting us!!"

These people aren't just losing their shit online. They're also coming unhinged in-person. In any event, like TCU, I'm sure she'll be landing on her feet somewhere decent soon anyway.

Glenn Close GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Arkansas absolutely fucking hates us. 

Haha.  Fuckers.

I can vouch for this. In my opinion the hate is even greater than aggy and OU.  With aggy there’s an element of envy and little brother syndrome and with OU an element of respect mixed with some jealousy. 

Pig just straight up hates us.