Phatterson

Hanrahan

3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I recall in the Tell Me About TCU thread, someone said this would happen. And was mildly mocked. That person deserves big time praise bestowed upon him. 

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

It was mild. “No way he takes a job here.”  I didn’t think he would either. I heard from a BMD it was largely a done deal over a month ago. 

I don't have many connections at all but could see this coming from a mile away once the initial reports that there was mutual interest came out around NSD1.

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't have many connections at all but could see this coming from a mile away once the initial reports that there was mutual interest came out around NSD1.

I originally heard 11/20. 

I’m gruntled by this.  Only thing wrong is he’s not a Co-DC or at least some other on the field coach. 

He’s coached circles around any defensive coach we’ve had for many years and kicked our asses with lesser recruits.  Plus he’s a built in mid-season replacement when PK shits the bed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Tcu folks probably will bad mouth Gare more now that he's gone...

There maybe some.  However he has done more than TCU football than anyone could have imagined.  After being here so long, he was getting burned out and complacent with his assistants.  Sounds like someone you had not long ago.  I think it's just human nature that when in the same job for this many years, this can happen.  However, if you are making $6 million a year, your employer expects more.  I hope he does you all a great job except in one game a year.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Phatterson