2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So it seems like the staff is taking it extremely slowly on announcing that McCoy is a Longhorn. No official tweet, etc. Seems like they are all in on making sure other people send "proof of life" social media messages, though. Ha.

Since technically Bru is a transfer for Texas, maybe Herman has told his social media group to not post a huge announcement on Bru's signing. 

Keep UT's Official messaging on Bru to a minimum...... less additional publicity may improve Bru's chances to get the waiver approval from NCAA.  

Fwiw.... Bobby Burton tidbit

"Bru McCoy and De'Gabriel Floyd became friends during the recruiting process. In part, they did so because both were elite recruits in Southern California and in part because both liked USC. Remember, Floyd was actually committed to the Trojans way back as a junior before opening up his recruitment and eventually selecting the Longhorns. And McCoy grew up a devout USC fan. But I'm told another aspect that really bonded the two was their dedication to off-field training. Both of these guys love to work out, they love the process of getting better as athletes and as football players. In that way, they saw perhaps a kindred spirit in one another."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

"McCoy is settling in nicely in Austin so far. He spent some time with De’Gabriel Floyd and Casey Thompson last night. We know about the relationship between Floyd and Bru, but Thompson is a guy who was big behind the scenes during this recruitment. I’m told the two met during Bru’s official visit and kept in contact throughout. Casey was there to greet Bru and his family when they arrived in Austin. He helped McCoy move into his room and took some time to get work in with him tonight. I was told by one source that Bru feels like the load is off of his shoulders now that he’s in Austin. I was told the feedback from his informal workout was that Bru showed off speed, fluidity and crisp routes. I was sent a picture of the two and tweeted it at the below link."

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Missed a couple. 

@Bruh Man: there are about 8 alpha leaders in this 2015 class. this guy can't get on campus soon enough. i hope he runs off all the wimps still on the team.

MOAR @Snacks. 

@Fit Girls Only: This! I get chills thinking about where we will be in two years. A majority of June 2017 posts/articles will not be about incoming freshman. We will all be beating our chests in Under Armour gear.

MOAR @ousux

Obviously I wish the world for the kid but lots of people talk a lot of noise about the things they are going to do and then end up doing squat. It's all talk until somebody gets hit in the mouth.

I agree with what you're saying, but if you read the article this kid is well aware of that...and he started on varsity as a $#@!ing 8th grader.

8 hours ago, satyanash said:

"McCoy is settling in nicely in Austin so far. He spent some time with De’Gabriel Floyd and Casey Thompson last night. We know about the relationship between Floyd and Bru, but Thompson is a guy who was big behind the scenes during this recruitment. I’m told the two met during Bru’s official visit and kept in contact throughout. Casey was there to greet Bru and his family when they arrived in Austin. He helped McCoy move into his room and took some time to get work in with him tonight. I was told by one source that Bru feels like the load is off of his shoulders now that he’s in Austin. I was told the feedback from his informal workout was that Bru showed off speed, fluidity and crisp routes. I was sent a picture of the two and tweeted it at the below link."

Ehr ma god bru doing horns down

16 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Can’t forget a picture of the infamous Florida 5:

@cecil__cherry3
@dev_go_deep S/O TO MY FUTURE TEAMMATE FLORIDA FIVE LETSGETIT TWO MORE TO GOT THREE DOWN WE GOING TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP HOOK EM ����

B2BtCgjCIAECsJV.jpg:large

Well, @theaveragejon, you got 1 out of 2: Cecil and Charles are all about Texas, love it!

Batting 50% of recruiting comments is pretty good I think! 

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Fwiw.... Bobby Burton tidbit

"Bru McCoy and De'Gabriel Floyd became friends during the recruiting process. In part, they did so because both were elite recruits in Southern California and in part because both liked USC. Remember, Floyd was actually committed to the Trojans way back as a junior before opening up his recruitment and eventually selecting the Longhorns. And McCoy grew up a devout USC fan. But I'm told another aspect that really bonded the two was their dedication to off-field training. Both of these guys love to work out, they love the process of getting better as athletes and as football players. In that way, they saw perhaps a kindred spirit in one another."

their dads should be roomates

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

How many times did Cherry transfer? 

Texas --> USF --> Coahoma CC --> Grambling --> ???

According to the article I just read - Cherry is expected to graduate from Grambling in May and will then be free to transfer and play right away.

He was playing fairly well for Grambling before shutting it down 6 games into the 2018 season.  He had 15 tackles, 2 sacks, and a pick 6 in his short time there.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

3 hours ago, hornyhorn said:

usc sites saying a major reason 4 bru transferring was his girlfriends sister softball transfer to texas...............looks like hornyhorn outscooped everyone

So is Mike White now #1 Recruiter for Texas Football??

/s

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So is Mike White now #1 Recruiter for Texas Football??

/s

In all seriousness, Mike White brought half his roster from Oregon to Texas. You don't have to sit out a year in softball so it's crazy when coaches change schools. 

The girl referenced in this thread (Iakopo) is really good. She was the #8 recruit in her softball class. https://goducks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7584

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/bru-mccoy-to-tenner/81644975/page-6/

Some aggy gold in this thread. Colorado Ag was in full meltdown mode. 

"More false rankings - but that's what happens with the burnt orange recruiting sites. They control the rankings, and the message."

"Not melting. just pointing out the obvious that 247 has changed the rules, because that is what the sip mods promised their subscribers would happen. It's all about the money."

"A&M fans don't frequent 247 sports. Most of them are at TexAgs. 247 is too burnt orange for the majority of Aggie fans, and most would NEVER give their money to Burton."

"Herman is well known for it, even before he went to Texas. Back at Houston, he got into a yelling match with a Houston radio host on the air who questioned him on it when Kyle Allen said he met with Herman after announcing his transfer from A&M.  The man is severely immature, and rather unstable to boot. And his wife is straight up BSC - great for comedy. But once again, this is Texas. They are immune to NCAA scrutiny due to connections in the NCAA office. Always have been."

Edited by texasstrong12

3 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/bru-mccoy-to-tenner/81644975/page-6/

"More false rankings - but that's what happens with the burnt orange recruiting sites. They control the rankings, and the message."

"Not melting. just pointing out the obvious that 247 has changed the rules, because that is what the sip mods promised their subscribers would happen. It's all about the money."

"A&M fans don't frequent 247 sports. Most of them are at TexAgs. 247 is too burnt orange for the majority of Aggie fans, and most would NEVER give their money to Burton."

"Herman is well known for it, even before he went to Texas. Back at Houston, he got into a yelling match with a Houston radio host on the air who questioned him on it when Kyle Allen said he met with Herman after announcing his transfer from A&M.  The man is severely immature, and rather unstable to boot. And his wife is straight up BSC - great for comedy. But once again, this is Texas. They are immune to NCAA scrutiny due to connections in the NCAA office. Always have been."

Now if we could only get our conference’s refs on our side we would be in business.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

what is BSC?

6 hours ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

Now if we could only get our conference’s refs on our side we would be in business.

Aggy is still hanging on to the "that ref was a grad from Texas!!" narrative. News flash: College refs typically have college degrees from some college.  I guess they want refs with a HS/GED degree.  I can guarantee you one thing, if a ref happens to be calling a game who graduated from the school he is calling, his boss will be watching a little closer.

But aggy says nothing about the home cooking on the LSU game.  How convenient. 

4 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I'm guessing a ref doesn't even have to have a degree from ut.  If they were just born in texas, and didn't go to atm, then aggy will claim they are a t shirt fan. 

as they should.  UT has t-shirt fans because nobody wants to cheer for aggy except aggy. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

This is my image of aggy water cooler talk.  Except they’re not standing at an office water cooler. They’re in a barn with their arm shoulder deep inside a cow. 

• Like 3

On 1/29/2019 at 7:09 AM, RGBIII said:

Seems strange to have a qb who was in the transfer portal as part of a five stars recruiting process. Makes bringing Thompson back an even bigger deal now

Someone had to go into the portal to get Bru to the other side.  Haven't you seen Poltergeist?