Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

56 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That’s why I fly over England entirely. 

45 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Heathrow is the worst airport I've ever used, and I've flown into to some truly terrible airports.

After missing my - which was literally still at the gate when I got to it - I had to wait until the next flight 12 hours later. I was flying back work after my daughter was born, so money was tight. I ended up having to stay in the airport overnight. In fucking October. I wasn't planning on staying there for any length of time. I generally only fly with a carry on to expedite getting the fuck outnif the airport since all my shit is already where I'm going. So I didn't have a jacket. When they shut that shit down, they shut it the fuck down. As I was alone in the area outside the terminal, I tried to sleep but couldn't because it was too cold and I generally don't sleep when I'm traveling alone. I literally hate that airport more than words can express.

4 hours ago, TexasIsBetter said:

I've had several knee MRI's, I'm also a nurse in an orthopedic clinic; so speaking only from personal experience and the docs I work with, even when stabilizing the knee, there are twitches and tiny movements made that can show up that are impossible to keep from happening. 

2 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Pretty much this.

OK, thanks for the replies, good to know.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

On your way to Vancouver? Do you still summer with bizzle each year?

From Colorado, we only have two direct flights to Europe. Frankfurt and London. You can fly into Gatwick and Heathrow but to fly to Gatwick you have to fly Norwiegan/Wal-Mart airlines and just roll the dice on your luggage, connection or your life. 

Luftansa for the win when going to Europe from Colorado. 

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

From Colorado, we only have two direct flights to Europe. Frankfurt and London. You can fly into Gatwick and Heathrow but to fly to Gatwick you have to fly Norwiegan/Wal-Mart airlines and just roll the dice on your luggage, connection or your life. 

Luftansa for the win when going to Europe from Colorado. 

I believe Iceland air flys from Denver to Reykjavik and then on to London. I’d like that one. 

7 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Fuck literally everything about that airport. When I was working overseas, I missed a connection there because I was unaware that terminal 5 has 3 goddamn buildings and my flight was departing from the third building. There are no maps or signs explaining this. Crazy Brits and their shitty designs.

I hate when people go to other countries and expect them to have signs in English just for us Americans.

• Haha 1

Hope it's not British airways.  Their business class is a little underwhelming

Was American 777-300. Decent service and flight landed early. Wore a UT shirt and had 7 hook ‘ems at Heathrow airport including one flight attendant. Looks like it was a quiet day on the recruiting front. Enjoyed the gifs, solid work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thepop said:

I’ve done the BA nonstop from Austin to London and I thought it was decent. 

In summer or winter months?  747 during spring/summer is a bit long in the tooth, but the 777-300ER during fall/winter is the current long-haul standard so decent is about right 

1 minute ago, Harvdog said:

I hate flying into London. I prefer to fly Singapore. They have a non-stop from HOUSTON to Manchester.  A-350...great service....attendants are good to look at and I can catch a United game whilst in country.  

what’s the A350 like?  good plane?

• Fuck You 1