ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Corso is a tough watch, get him off the show. I like when he tells herbie that Texas has 5 former bama coaches and herbie has to pretend he didn’t know with a “wow”. After watching him slur and drool down his chin it’s embarrassing espn has slept him on 5 years past his ability to bring substance to the show. 

How he survived this last purge is beyond me. That was their window, now he has to basically croak on set to get him out.

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I find it hilarious that every school does the Horns down, and no one ever does the thumbs down, which is such an obvious and easy diss of A&M. They are so irrelevant, no one even bothers.  Classic. Embrace the hate. 

Well if we would actually step up and be the team deserving of all this hate because we're actually good, that would be nice. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Spectrum subscriber tuning in via Sling TV here.  Observations: I typically don’t view television content through streaming services, but my initial impression of picture quality of watching live streaming for college game day this morning is same I had last year when I flipped on Amazon Prime for Thursday Night Football: really lousy, dark picture quality compared to a cable TV broadcast.  Why is that?  Seems we have the technology to solve that problem.  Perhaps it’s one of the sacrifices to keep costs down?  Second, small crowd for a game the magnitude of Texas v Bama

Your TV may automatically adjust picture settings, play around with them.

Every week will be like red rivalry week? Please honkey. We’ve got a hundred years playing A&M. We’ve played Missouri for decades.  Vandy? Scary??!  Kentucky? OMFG! Mississippi State? Ole Miss? Please. Arkansas? Bwhahahaha pig sooie my ass.  LSU, Bama, Georgia, Florida and Tennessee, good match ups. Texas will be fine as long as Texas doesn’t keep having wet dreams of being the Stanford of the south/southwest. 

God? You mean Bama? Fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah that sounds like a TV setting or internet speed issue.  Router can cause problems too @Steelers Roll Left

Yeah, all certainly possible.  Neither my router or my HD TV are relatively new.  Any specific suggestions for “playing with those TV settings”, etc.  That said, I do recall a national outcry last year when Amazon debuted Thursday Night Football of similar complaints

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I find it hilarious that every school does the Horns down, and no one ever does the thumbs down, which is such an obvious and easy diss of A&M. They are so irrelevant, no one even bothers.  Classic. Embrace the hate. 

It's like everyone wants Texas as a rival and when it's pointed out you get a Shooter McGavin "No!"

Okay, whatever. Get in line behind Oklahoma, A&M, and Arkansas

Corso is a tough watch, get him off the show. I like when he tells herbie that Texas has 5 former bama coaches and herbie has to pretend he didn’t know with a “wow”. After watching him slur and drool down his chin it’s embarrassing espn has slept him on 5 years past his ability to bring substance to the show. 

Agreed. He made the same point to Herbie twice and didn’t even know he’d done it.

I bet ESPN doesn’t even pay him at this point — they just let him come on, say a few goofy/strokey things, soil his Depends and then he goes home to nap until next Sat morning.
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Yeah, all certainly possible.  Neither my router or my HD TV are relatively new.  Any specific suggestions for “playing with those TV settings”, etc.  That said, I do recall a national outcry last year when Amazon debuted Thursday Night Football of similar complaints

Ask folks on "Cord Cutters Thread" under "Can You Help Me With This" category

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/457-cord-cutters-thread/#comments

45 minutes ago, troph said:

Every week will be like red rivalry week? Please honkey. We’ve got a hundred years playing A&M. We’ve played Missouri for decades.  Vandy? Scary??!  Kentucky? OMFG! Mississippi State? Ole Miss? Please. Arkansas? Bwhahahaha pig sooie my ass.  LSU, Bama, Georgia, Florida and Tennessee, good match ups. Texas will be fine as long as Texas doesn’t keep having wet dreams of being the Stanford of the south/southwest. 

God? You mean Bama? Fucking stupid. 

That made me spit my drink out.  

Not even close.

1 hour ago, Smax said:

Just another shitty candy pop Nashville country group

i've been waiting 25 years for someone to properly label the ultracrap passing for Country & Western in the 21st century

they wear hats belts and boots and the girls bray like cattle

otherwise there is nothing Country OR Western about today's whatever-the-fuck-it-is

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

The Texas Longhorns wanted the SEC?

I think it was the SEC banging on our door for about 40 years, actually...

Put aside the late 80s / early 90s machinations where we were going east then west, without and then with little brother.....

If we wanted to go east when aggy declared "standing offer", why did we try to start a big12/tier3 network, and then fall back to a shared Horn/aggy network?

We could have just gone east and told aggy to shut up with zero concern about the continuation of Fair Park and 0u would have said "can we come?"

Probably would have pulled pickens with them and then missouri would be somewhere else

17 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i've been waiting 25 years for someone to properly label the ultracrap passing for Country & Western in the 21st century

they wear hats belts and boots and the girls bray like cattle

otherwise there is nothing Country OR Western about today's whatever-the-fuck-it-is

Ernest Tubb concurs

2 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s just Nashville pop and it’s almost all garbage. 

This is apt. I've been needling my wife with "Ding Dong Country" for the 12 years we've known each other. I have to say I've successfully pulled her away into much, much better music than Kenny Chesney and some of the shit she liked when we started hanging out.

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

That's because the thumb's up is....uh...just meh...don't see it all that much....actually, nobody gives a shit about a thumb.

What's the furthest you can drive E/W or W/E in Texas on navigable roads (not as crow flies or private paths)?  Anthony, TX to Toledo, TX or Orange, TX to Anthony, TX---both at 873 miles.  

I remember 15-20 years ago when they finally finished, at that time, the big phase of IH-35 Southbound to the two Ben White flyovers going to the airport and one going west.  And the 290/71 sign West said, "El Paso" with no sense of humor.  They were just going by TXDoT protocol where you put the next city over 10,000 on the sign.  And nothing qualified between the Hill Country and El Paso.  And Kelso wrote this hilarious editorial in the Statesman later that month about the insanity of that sign, and sure enough---they changed it a few months later.  It was my favorite piece of his.  RIP/John.  

Also, don't fuck with the mouse apparently.  And Go Horns.

• Like 2

So the likely Gameday with Texas is

Sep. 30th vs. KU - Kansas has a roadie against Nevada and a home game with BYU win those 2 and likely 4-0 Texas vs. 4-0 KU

Oct. 7th vs OU - OU has back-to-back roadies against Tulsa and Cincinatti and a home game against ISU who always plays them tough.

Nov. 4th vs KSU - Big test this weekend @Missouri then back-to-back roadies against OSU and Tech. They will likely drop one before the 4th, maybe two.