AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol stop. They’ve played no one. USF fucking sucks and Michigan isn’t good either. Wisconsin will get killed by tOSU. 

Edit: not saying they’re way overrated, but they’re definitely not underranked.

This.  Michigan was and still is horribly overrated.    

But tOSU hasn't exactly played anyone too.   Florida Atlantic, Miami-Ohio,  Cincy and Indiana are not exactly solid powerhouses to hang your hats on.  

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

I don’t think LSU is losing to Bama this year.

• In Tuscaloosa 
  • 2 wks for Saban to prepare for LSU 
  • And if Bama is healthy

then Roll Tide probably beats LSU...

(and a 1 loss LSU prays that Bama beats jawja)

Edited by LTtxfan

4 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Some dude voted aggy 12, a few 13 and 14.  Vast majority have them unranked, but it just takes a few idiots to fuck things up. 

The idiots who voted Aggie at 12 and 13 are all from the north.    Minnesota, Wyoming,  New Jersey and Ohio.  WTF IS wrong with these guys?

4 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

A man drinks shots of espresso he does not brag about drip. I’ll put my coffee game up against any of you, especially mulletvagina

Coffee smack? Get a handful of beans and pop e'm in yer mouth. Grind 'em up with them molars if you still got 'em and swallow that. Now drink a cup o' hot water. Birch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

the SEC champ will always go unless it's some 3 loss fluke.  The next SEC team is considered if there are no obvious choices for slot #4.

If 11-1 LSU is compared to a 12-1 UT then you're in trouble with the head to head. 

I don't think so.  Texas turns on way more TV sets than LSU does, and that's all that ESPN's selection committee cares about. In the scenario you've described, it would be easy enough for them to craft the narrative that Texas lost early and improved, not losing another game, beating OU twice, and winning a conference championship.  LSU's loss would be later and they wouldn't be a conference champion.

I'm not saying ESPN's committee actually cares about conference champions, they just care about TV sets, and Texas will draw more eyes than LSU.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I don't think so.  Texas turns on way more TV sets than LSU does, and that's all that ESPN's selection committee cares about. In the scenario you've described, it would be easy enough for them to craft the narrative that Texas lost early and improved, not losing another game, beating OU twice, and winning a conference championship.  LSU's loss would be later and they wouldn't be a conference champion.

I'm not saying ESPN's committee actually cares about conference champions, they just care about TV sets, and Texas will draw more eyes than LSU.

I think that's true.  Helmet effect is a real thing.  Pretend every P5 champ had one loss (no undefeated teams) SEC, Big12, Big10, PAC, ACC  Who gets left out?  I guarantee you that the answer comes down to the Helmet.

• Like 1

This poll highlights how SEC bias and preseason rankings combine to fuck the other P5 conferences.  SEC having 5 of the top 10 is crazy and because of the conference's weak scheduling the bias never gets baked out even by the end of the year.  Florida Auburn and Georgia are all over rated because of their preseason SEC boost.  Florida and Auburn have Ls coming so they will drop some,  but not as much as they should because SEC SEC SEC.

To me the most likely scenario for the SEC is as follows: Bama wins out.  Georgia loses to Bama.  So 12-0, 11-1, 11-1.  This is a problem for the playoff and the other P5 conferences.  If you have LSU over Bama in their regular season contest it could still shake out LSU 12-0 the other two 11-1.  Georgia's schedule is a joke, they're not losing outside of the CCG unless Auburn plays with their hair on fire for the rivalry game.

It will be interesting to see how much this poll informs the committee's first rankings.

15 minutes ago, Hozz said:

This poll highlights how SEC bias and preseason rankings combine to fuck the other P5 conferences.  SEC having 5 of the top 10 is crazy and because of the conference's weak scheduling the bias never gets baked out even by the end of the year.  Florida Auburn and Georgia are all over rated because of their preseason SEC boost.  Florida and Auburn have Ls coming so they will drop some,  but not as much as they should because SEC SEC SEC.

To me the most likely scenario for the SEC is as follows: Bama wins out.  Georgia loses to Bama.  So 12-0, 11-1, 11-1.  This is a problem for the playoff and the other P5 conferences.  If you have LSU over Bama in their regular season contest it could still shake out LSU 12-0 the other two 11-1.  Georgia's schedule is a joke, they're not losing outside of the CCG unless Auburn plays with their hair on fire for the rivalry game.

It will be interesting to see how much this poll informs the committee's first rankings.

Agree with your overall point. The SEC starts high and stays high because of it. UF is definitely overrated. They’ve beaten no one so far and looked pretty damn shorty while doing it. I actually think they’re better now that Franks is no longer their QB, but they don’t deserve to be anywhere near top 10. 

UGA started the year overranked, but they have a solid top 10 win, so I don’t think they’re too overrated at this point. Should probably be a few spots lower. Auburn has a legit win over Oregon and a solid win over A&M already. They might be a spot or two too high, but they’ve got better wins than most teams at this point and are undefeated.

41 minutes ago, texaslong said:

I could see them trying to get 3 SEC teams in this year, and I’m not joking.

The SEC is overrated as a whole but the one thing you can say about it this year is that it is absolutely loaded at the top. The jury is still out, but three of the four best teams in college football may in fact reside in the SEC this year. My personal opinion is that it won't play out that way - Auburn is not going to get away with being so one dimensional on offense vs Alabama, LSU, and UGA, and I think we're going to see that Georgia is still a step behind Alabama, and possibly LSU this year - but we'll see what happens.

That said, Clemson obviously isn't getting left out if they take care of business. They can most likely afford one hiccup if they otherwise stampede their way to 12-1 with an ACC title. In no world will they not get the benefit of the doubt there. And it is borderline impossible to fathom them taking two losses given the current state of the ACC. Ohio State is in a similar boat in terms of having the inside track. If they end up 12-1 with two wins over a Wisconsin team that is overwhelmingly likely to beat everyone on their schedule not named Ohio State, they are getting in unless the loss is another humiliating one like what they've done the past couple years. You'd think they know the merits of keeping up the fight by now. A 12-1 OU that splits with Texas is going to have a solid chance. A 12-1 Texas (unlikely, IMO) would have wins over OU x2, KSU, ISU, and OSU, as well as a B12 title. The H2H with LSU could be an issue but that would be a decent playoff resume with a loss in week 2 looking like ancient history. This is to say nothing of the chance of any P5 champions going undefeated, which is obviously hard, but also not that hard to see in the case of Clemson, and even Ohio State. I do think OU drops at least one somewhere.

A lot would need to happen to have three SEC teams in. We're talking, at the very least, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma each taking two losses for there to be a realistic chance. To say nothing  of dark horse contenders like Texas, ND, Oregon, etc. It's overwhelmingly unlikely to break that way. That said, if all of it does happen and you've got three top end SEC teams sitting there with one loss, it would be hard for a lot of the country to bitch about it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

This is all being set up to make sure Norte Dame gets back in the talk as well if they manage to not lose any more games.   

Norte Dame will go because they will manage to move up the polls over time thanks to Big 10 attrition  and the game with UGA yesterday would be justification to get them back into prime consideration.    You can bet your bottom dollar the media and this joke of a committee will leap frog them into the playoff because of the "resume."    Their only loss would be a close loss against a unbeaten UGA,  so their loss would look sexier than our loss against LSU even if they remain unbeaten going into the SEC 'ship and win it.  That's why Norte Dame could win every game from here on out by one point in triple OT and they will still keep them ahead of us in the polls even if we dog stomp OU twice!  

No way ND get in this year unless everyone else has 2 losses. If we win out (and Hurts is healthy when we play OU), we are in. 

8 hours ago, Hozz said:

And this is the problem. It's hilarious watching the narrative change to fit the secsecsec talking points. Last season in order to explain why Bama got steam rolled by Clemson, sec fanbois couldn't stop talking about how Clemson got a first round bye in the playoffs with Notre Dame and because of that were able to ignore ND and scheme for Bama. Think about that shit for a second. They actually think Clemson said we got this in the bag and let's study film on Bama instead, even though Bama wasn't in the finals either. Fast forward and now an inferior ND team is a great top 10 win. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Agree with your overall point. The SEC starts high and stays high because of it. UF is definitely overrated. They’ve beaten no one so far and looked pretty damn shorty while doing it. I actually think they’re better now that Franks is no longer their QB, but they don’t deserve to be anywhere near top 10. 

UGA started the year overranked, but they have a solid top 10 win, so I don’t think they’re too overrated at this point. Should probably be a few spots lower. Auburn has a legit win over Oregon and a solid win over A&M already. They might be a spot or two too high, but they’ve got better wins than most teams at this point and are undefeated.

It's a bad year to say the SEC is overrated, they've already beaten three likely champs without even using their best team.  

But it's never a bad time to knock Bama's joke of a schedule. 

Ask your husband what he drinks, maybe he and I have more in common than you and my wife.  Espresso?  Drip?  What kind of cuck vocabulary is this?

On 9/22/2019 at 5:31 PM, Alien Octopus said:

A man drinks shots of espresso he does not brag about drip. I’ll put my coffee game up against any of you, especially mulletvagina

9 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

It's a bad year to say the SEC is overrated, they've already beaten three likely champs without even using their best team.  

But it's never a bad time to knock Bama's joke of a schedule. 

No. They have 14 teams in their conference and only about 5 are worth a shit. On top of that, the bottom 7 are horribad. Also I don't think it's a given that Bama is the best team this season.

Edited by Bevo14

Ask your husband what he drinks, maybe he and I have more in common than you and my wife.  Espresso?  Drip?  What kind of cuck vocabulary is this?

that shit is all nancy boy coffee. the only true coffee is that brewed over a campfire for an hour with egg and eggshells. pour in a cup and add a big shot of good rotgut whiskey. enjoy.

that other shit is crap.

as for these other two posts...
This is the guy from Austin who votes. This fuckin guy. Bowels is the name.
4873-76464-original.jpeg
Paul-Bathing-Suit.jpg
2528462baf41bec4b16edd1d1fa0caec.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2019 at 9:07 PM, Doc Sam Beckett said:

And this is the problem. It's hilarious watching the narrative change to fit the secsecsec talking points. Last season in order to explain why Bama got steam rolled by Clemson, sec fanbois couldn't stop talking about how Clemson got a first round bye in the playoffs with Notre Dame and because of that were able to ignore ND and scheme for Bama. Think about that shit for a second. They actually think Clemson said we got this in the bag and let's study film on Bama instead, even though Bama wasn't in the finals either. Fast forward and now an inferior ND team is a great top 10 win. 

But, the "committee" doesn't vote till later so nunna dis matters

Also, they run their computer models for $$$ and whichever senario works best they sell that shit at the end of the season. The committee is just a sham to make sure it has its legitimacy. I'm cool with it, Texas and Florida are getting in if they are good enough. UCF or TCU or whatever are getting shafted. Fine. Fuck em.

aggy being ranked is absurd sec BS
At this point it is completely obvious it's about giving bama another ranked win. There is nothing in their resume that suggests they should be ranked and there are many more deserving teams ranked below them. They'll hang out right there on the fringe until bama demolishes them, and it will later be used to bolster bama's resume because reasons.
  • Like 3

@mopar if you posted already it's not rendering

AP Top 25

1. Alabama (29) (5-0)
2. Clemson (18) (5-0)
3. Georgia (4) (4-0)
4. Ohio St. (7) (5-0)
5. LSU (4-0)
6. Oklahoma (4-0)
7. Auburn (3) (5-0)
8. Wisconsin (4-0)
9. Notre Dame (3-1)
10. Florida (5-0)
11. Texas (3-1)
12. Penn St. (4-0)
13. Oregon (3-1)
14. Iowa (4-0)
15. Washington (4-1)
16. Boise St. (4-0)
17. Utah (4-1)
18. UCF (4-1)
19. Michigan (3-1)
20. Arizona St. (4-1)
21. Oklahoma St. (4-1)
22. Wake Forest (5-0)
23. Virginia (4-1)
24. SMU (5-0)
25. Texas A&M (3-2)
25. Michigan St. (4-1)

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I love it that they’re right on top of those buffoons. Someone post that corps turd gif who pulled his saber on an SMU cheerleader and got shoved down. 

please tell me there is a scenario where at 7-5 or 6-6 they _have_ _to_ play a 1-loss smu in the texas bowl..... they can't back out, duck it, avoid it at all.

AP Top 25.                                Mine

1. Alabama (29) (5-0).          1) Bama
2. Clemson (18) (5-0).          2) Suckeyes
3. Georgia (4) (4-0).              3) LSU
4. Ohio St. (7) (5-0)               4) Clemson
5. LSU (4-0).                           5) blOU
6. Oklahoma (4-0).                6) Auburn
7. Auburn (3) (5-0)                7) Jawja
8. Wisconsin (4-0).              😎 Whiskey
9. Notre Dame (3-1).            9) Texas

10. Florida (5-0).                   10) Penn State

11. Texas (3-1).                     11) Notre Dame
12. Penn St. (4-0).                 12) Florida

Alabama will not play a ranked opponent until November 9th.    2 ranked matchups all year.

But it’s only because they play in the toughest conference in the world. Can’t expect them to play ranked teams on TOP of playing a SEC schedule right?!?
  • Like 1