Andrew Luck to retire

Radical Larry

Good for him. He made a bunch of money and he knows what the sport is doing to his body. You get one shot at life and he does not want to wind up like Jim MacMahon and not know where in the hell he is while out on a routine drive.

I watch very little football anymore because I have a hard time seeing guys take big hits and knowing that the accumulation of repeated head trauma could lead them to do what Dave Duerson or Junior Seau did. I hope more guys walk away from the game with their health intact. 

Edited by UpperWestside

17 hours ago, Machinator said:

Borgata?  You know who loves the Borgata and gambling prop bets in the NFL?  Artie fucking Lange

16 hours ago, bluto said:

I hope he doesn’t waste his life coaching

Hope Indy hires him as head coach when Reich retires, then he quits 2 weeks before the season starts

Edited by mulletpelini
fuck those shit fans

I can somewhat understand how the Colts fans feel as they most likely thought they had a chance at a SB if Luck stayed healthy all year as well as how bad the timing of the decision is.  That being said, it's not like they had the #1 overall pick and passed on a franchise QB because they already had one.  It's also mind boggling to me that anyone would blame him for walking away while he can still walk and not have his brains scrambled given what we know about playing football at any level for 20 years.  If you told me at 29 I could retire with millions in the bank and spend the rest of my days making babies all over the world with my hot wife, I'd do it in a second regardless of what I did professionally.  I think the worst thing about it for me and that I really liked his honesty and the way he carried himself.  That video of him taking those hits and telling everyone "good hit" is awesome.  Maybe as fans we need to realize that not every single player's goal is to end up in the HOF or being dragged off the field. 

9 hours ago, michaelpshayes said:

good for Troy

Good ole Doug G...as a Poke fan I’m grateful for his magic on the court and leadership as one of the best pure PGs to play during the golden era of osu bball but he wore orange/black after stealing a teammates credit card at Domer.  Dude always had a loud mouth and a complicated relationship with fans.  

He deserved to get called out for that tweet.  

Troy was already a guy I had respect for, even though I am not a Cowboys fan at all.  He just went up a few levels in my book.  Luck just realized he is not 100% committed because his body is not 100% committed.  Totally understand walking away if you can't do your job to the best of your ability.  Screw Indy and its fans for reacting that way.  Luck is a class act.

22 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

He sure did get hit a lot

Last year he finally led the league in sack % in 2.7 but prior to that he typically led the league the wrong direction because the colts line was pure dog shit.  People forget that Big Ben got his ass kicked early on in his career too and contemplated retirement then the Steelers finally upgraded his line and now he's talking about playing into his 40s.

55 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Good ole Doug G...as a Poke fan I’m grateful for his magic on the court and leadership as one of the best pure PGs to play during the golden era of osu bball but he wore orange/black after stealing a teammates credit card at Domer.  Dude always had a loud mouth and a complicated relationship with fans.  

He deserved to get called out for that tweet.  

Yeah, I’m still a fan of his, but I don’t listen to a lot of national sports radio and it seems he’s moving towards trying to emulate the brand of talking head who takes extreme positions to drive clicks. That tweet is bush league, at best. Luck has had neck problems for years and some nerve damage just never heal right. My guess is that he could have a doctor explain exactly why retirement was important but fuck you, it’s not our business, he made the right decision for him and his family. I’ll always support that if an athlete wants to hang it up. 

12 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Yeah some family friends of ours here in Austin are from the Indy area and big Colts fans. The son Instagram'd some shit that Luck "had never helped them anyway, so BYE", with a middle finger emoji. Hey, I didn't say he was smart...

Lulz. Luck was their best player. if this kid thinks the Colts sucked with Luck, I'm thinking he probably won't much like what's incoming. 

Edited by wood

2 hours ago, Hate said:

I can somewhat understand how the Colts fans feel as they most likely thought they had a chance at a SB if Luck stayed healthy all year as well as how bad the timing of the decision is.  That being said, it's not like they had the #1 overall pick and passed on a franchise QB because they already had one.  It's also mind boggling to me that anyone would blame him for walking away while he can still walk and not have his brains scrambled given what we know about playing football at any level for 20 years.  If you told me at 29 I could retire with millions in the bank and spend the rest of my days making babies all over the world with my hot wife, I'd do it in a second regardless of what I did professionally.  I think the worst thing about it for me and that I really liked his honesty and the way he carried himself.  That video of him taking those hits and telling everyone "good hit" is awesome.  Maybe as fans we need to realize that not every single player's goal is to end up in the HOF or being dragged off the field. 

Yep. I remember someone else around here used to do that quite a bit. Good stuff. 

Yeah, I’m still a fan of his, but I don’t listen to a lot of national sports radio and it seems he’s moving towards trying to emulate the brand of talking head who takes extreme positions to drive clicks. That tweet is bush league, at best. Luck has had neck problems for years and some nerve damage just never heal right. My guess is that he could have a doctor explain exactly why retirement was important but fuck you, it’s not our business, he made the right decision for him and his family. I’ll always support that if an athlete wants to hang it up. 

I listen to him pretty often. Doug’s problem is he’s authorized his mouth to speak for him with no input from his brain. It’s a pretty good millennial burn, but probably best said over beers with a couple of buddies.

The top of the 2012 draft did not age well.
Capture.png
Oof lol.

Draft picks are so hit and mostly miss its insane. I remember how bad the vikings botched 2 first round picks in 2005(troy williamson wr/south Carolina and erasmus james de/Wisconsin). They had zero picks from that entire draft on the 2009 team with Favres first year that went to the NFCCG.

13 hours ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Torrey Smith straight up murdered someone today....

Doug deserves every bit of criticism he gets for that ridiculous tweet, but let's not act like throwing "you stole credit cards" smack at Doug is anything inventive or novel. 

Multiple people tweet at him about that on pretty much every one of his tweets.  Seriously.  Go look.  Pretty much every single tweet... because if anyone anywhere disagrees with anything he said, there's some yokel out there tweeting, "oh yeah?! Big words coming from a guy who stole credit cards...!"  

That said, his tweet about Luck was bullshit and deserves every bit of what he's getting.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Doug deserves every bit of criticism he gets for that ridiculous tweet, but let's not act like throwing "you stole credit cards" smack at Doug is anything inventive or novel. 

Nah.  It's more appropriate to mention it now than ever.  He's questioning the discipline and character of a guy who was graduating early from Stanford at about the same age Doug was expelled and facing felonies for stealing from his teammates.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Grigson is a piece of shit GM.  Doug G is a piece of shit person.  Overton is a class act.  Troy is awesome.  Luck is a man brave enough to walk away from hundreds of millions because it's the right thing to do for himself, his family, and his team. 

yeah but right before season hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111oneoneone7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, 'stache said:

He's a poor man's Collin Cowherd, who is a poor man's Skip Bayless. They all suck shit. Congrats on being a fan of one of the dumbest, most hypocritical "hot take" sports personalities in America because he was kinda good at basketball for your college. 

48 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

yeah but right before season hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111oneoneone7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's injured and wasn't going to play anyways-  Dealing with 3 separate leg issues. He didn't do this in May because at that time he thought he'd be 100%. 

I think we should take a cue from his teammates who all love him, respect his decision, and have not question his motives and timing at all.

1 minute ago, BlueGreySky said:

He's injured and wasn't going to play anyways-  Dealing with 3 separate leg issues. He didn't do this in May because at that time he thought he'd be 100%. 

I think we should take a cue from his teammates who all love him, respect his decision, and have not question his motives and timing at all.

Yeah, that was my big takeaway from watching Sportscenter last night: they're happy that he's happy. People like Steve Beuerlein need to take a giant step back and literally fuck their own face. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Yeah, that was my big takeaway from watching Sportscenter last night: they're happy that he's happy. People like Steve Beuerlein need to take a giant step back and literally fuck their own face. 

I'm thinking Beuerlein is concerned about his job security