Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

22 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Give every player on offense and defense a wristband with all of the plays numbered.

Send the play number in from the sidelines which can by done by three or four guys with only one of them being "Hot".

Change the wristbands every quarter.

Problem solved.

solved for everyone but the coaches trying to figure out which play number they need to send in - I thought that was 42... that was 1st qtr it's 23 now, you just called for a fake punt on 2nd down

• Haha 2

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

solved for everyone but the coaches trying to figure out which play number they need to send in - I thought that was 42... that was 1st qtr it's 23 now, you just called for a fake punt on 2nd down

They should probably get a sheet with the plays and numbers as well.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

B1G coaches: “Ban Michigan from the post season.  You have the authority.  Use it.”

B1G Commish: “I do.  And banning them will cost each of you millions in bowl money cost sharing.  I’ll do it. Your call.  Tell me what to do.”

Coaches: (silence)

Coaches don't give a shit about the money their university will lose. AD's on the other hand. 

Edited by T-shirt Sip
lost...lose.
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Well if the coaches cannot figure out the need to change wristbands every quarter they should not be a coach.

27 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Michigan alum Rich Eisen is doing his best juicy impersonation.  I don't have the timestamp but it goes for about 15 minutes. 

If I had more time than self respect I'd rally want to go back and see what Rich Eisen was saying during the beginning days of the Astros sign stealing scandal breaking, I'd be almost certain he wasn't mr "we gotta see the full investigation first" and "how do we know what really went on" and "the league/association is a bunch of chuckle fucks out to get them" and "who's auditing the reporters who are reporting these things"

What a chode (you too Juicy)

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

God I hate Michigan and fucking Ohio State and that gutter trash program Penn St. I hate fucking Nebraska and Rutgers can go fuck itself. Don’t get me started on Maryland (fuck you Tom Herman). Big 10 sucks balls basically. I hope Michigan gets shot into orbit and Ohio State somehow goes with them. 

All that said, I’ll be in Ann Arbor next year to watch us deliver a beat down. 

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel.
Let the hate flow through you; &  feel the power of the dark side...

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So I don’t know of you guys ever saw it, but 4 or 5 years ago there was a great video about developing a phone app to crack baseball signals. It is a super simple concept and something my undergrads can do.

What I am curious with now is how hard is it to do the same thing in real time with in game sign data? Or is this even a topic I should be saying out loud? All it is is an im sequence identification algorithm overlayed with some type of formational concept. 

I wonder how many play calls would it take to reach a point where you could accurately determine a set of signals were pass or run? How many to get deeper into things like route trees or run direction… 

I am fairly sure this could be something that could be done in real time and develop an app that gets put on the sideline and press box ipads. You could even take away the manual component and set up a camera in game and live capture their signs and load it straight into the machine….

Ill shut up now before this opens Pandora’s box..

I don't think you would get information quick enough from a single game even live recording and processing it. 

It's not like baseball.  100+ pitches to capture. Fast vs off-speed, bunt, steal.  You are basically looking for one signal/combination with one piece of information that tells you exactly what you need to know. 

Unless I'm just way off on modern playcalling, football coaches don't have a pass signal, for example.   There may be several signals that mean different pass protections that you could group into a passing group.  I'm pretty sure this is what Stallions' playsheets do.

And, again, this is something existing scouting software already does. A scout inputs the different variables on any play: GUN FAR | CLOSED | RUN | INSIDE ZONE.  Computer spits out "75% of gun far closed formations are runs, 40% being inside zone."  All Michigan does is add some signal inputs....computer says LEFT FIST PUNCH OUT = 95% PASS.  They probably don't know whether the signal actually means a certain protection or a route concept or what.

2 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Lost in all of this is any clear explanation from the BIG10 or NCAA of any specific actions to expedite the investigation and potential ramifications of the investigation 

Guarantee you the unspoken policy is we aren't doing shit until they play PSU and tOSU. Because a loss in either/both of those games allows everyone to stand down and save face. CFP can easily find four better teams, then the school and Harbaugh have tons of reasons for him to take a leave of absence for whatever bowl they're assigned.

If they somehow make 12-0, the Big Ten will need to show its marbles or lack thereof.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Bartles said:

If they somehow make 12-0, the Big Ten will need to show its marbles or lack thereof.

Nah, just need to issue the CCG refs a copy of the XII Ref Handbook. Michigan gets called for twenty penalties with four TDs called back for Mopery WIth Intent to Loiter.

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, statsman said:

Well, the league (and all the leagues) can either bust Harbaugh and tighten up the rules, or every program needs to get some GAs on the road and buy the GA office some lamination machines. Either Michigan is punished or the whole thing gets tamped up. 

If only all the schools could afford hundreds, even thousands, of dollars to buy tickets and send GAs to video each others' games, and then the nearly ten cents each to laminate dozens of sign-cheat sheets... NC2A could do away with the rule, given that its alleged purpose of a monetarily level field would be accomplished. Everyone should consider cutting the coaching salaries by a few hundred dollars. Average D1 HC salary is close to $2,000,000 yearly, so it wouldn't be too great a burden for them to shoulder, and we'd all be happy. 

What's tamping up? I've heard of tamping down, as applied to a cigarette or a fire, but tamping up doesn't ring a bell for me. Mind you, my hearing isn't what it once was, so maybe that's the problem.

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

At some point in the last 5 years, a bunch of coelenterates got together and decided that beating Ohio State and playing for titles was more important than having any integrity as human beings or as an institution.

Full disclosure:  I did not have scheming relations with that institution.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

God I hate Michigan and fucking Ohio State and that gutter trash program Penn St. I hate fucking Nebraska and Rutgers can go fuck itself. Don’t get me started on Maryland (fuck you Tom Herman). Big 10 sucks balls basically. I hope Michigan gets shot into orbit and Ohio State somehow goes with them. 

All that said, I’ll be in Ann Arbor next year to watch us deliver a beat down. 

My son is in Boston and I think we're going to meet in Newark for the Rutgers game.  Definite bucket list.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, JBJ said:

No.  Defensive signals were common. Offensive signals weren't at all.  We had zero offensive signals.  Even in two minute we used a rote script and audible calls.  Nothing was ever signaled in from the sideline.

I only ever played one team that used offensive signals.

14 hours ago, hullabelew said:

In 1978, our small 2A school signaled in off/def plays from the sidelines. 

14 hours ago, JBJ said:

Seems weird to me. I played Tx 5A D3 and D1 in the late 90s- early 00s.

Maybe it fell out of favor and came back with HUNH.

Likely because his 2A school didn't have enough players to send plays in via rotating players. I can't remember anyone with sideline plays, and I am a little before you. 

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Likely because his 2A school didn't have enough players to send plays in via rotating players. I can't remember anyone with sideline plays, and I am a little before you. 

Nope.  Had enough players.  This coach and his DC came in my jr year and brought the signs with him after being out of coaching for a couple ofyears.  They were really simple.  Formation, main play, and sometimes backup play.   I don't know if anyone we played signaled plays in.  I was too busy looking at Teresa Gilbert and Tammy Swaim, especially when they wore the white cheerleading outfits.   

1 minute ago, hullabelew said:

Nope.  Had enough players.  This coach and his DC came in my jr year and brought the signs with him after being out of coaching for a couple ofyears.  They were really simple.  Formation, main play, and sometimes backup play.   I don't know if anyone we played signaled plays in.  I was too busy looking at Teresa Gilbert and Tammy Swaim, especially when they wore the white cheerleading outfits.   

your pictures are not showing up - please fix this user error

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Lol. You guys were ahead of your time.

11 hours ago, Zeus said:

Yeah

Different because they didn't get caught

Also cheating by paying players to get the best ones to come play at your school is a little different than cheating to steal the opponents plays as they call em. 

Didn’t get caught?

lolk

Auburn was 100% caught paying Cam Newton and Family.

they

had

receipts

Bammer was caught multiple times with NIL deals for players including cars and other inducements. One RB had his likeness in a suit store window. IIRC, One CB was driving a challenger with personalize license plates.

Manziel was caught signing autographs for pay.

there were a shit ton of others as well.

Edited by lilMAC25

4 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Didn’t get caught?

lolk

they

had

receipts

Bammer was caught multiple times with NIL deals for players including cars and other inducements. One RB had his likeness in a suit store window. IIRC, One CB was driving a challenger with personalize license plates.

Was it a big deal? Does anybody really know or care? 

This thing is way way different. 

4 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Didn’t get caught?

lolk

they

had

receipts

Thanks be to Jebus that all those programs got the NC2A Death Penalty.

• Hook 'Em 1

Another bullet point for what we are getting into next year.  The UGA (office) consensus over this is that they hope Kirby is already doing the same thing or will have a network set up for next year.  That pretty well sums up the SEC mentality when it comes to cheating.  It's not even a flippant "everyone does it" mentality.  There is a need to cheat the hardest.

20 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

For everyone claiming that everyone does it.  Well it's been so easy to find video evidence of Michigan doing it, show me some others.  It doesn't matter if everyone is doing it, Michigan go caught red fucking handed and it is a clear rules violation and there is a mountain of evidence.  If it were true that others were being so brazen, you'd think some Michigan honks would come up some evidence of some dude standing next to OSU's DC and pictures of him holding a sheet with all the other team's signals.

Oh, you can't find that evidence?  Then shut the fuck up, your coaching staff is dirty and your school should be punished.

This.  For the enablers:  Keep that same energy with a speeding ticket, robbery, or theft.  "Everyone" does it - yeah bitch, but we caught YOU

20 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

If he already had access to the sidelines as a volunteer, why didn’t he just remain a volunteer to create some separation between himself and Michigan? If all this shit happened and he was an unpaid volunteer it would be a different story for the NCAA.

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan