Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

This won’t be popular but I’m interested in the discussion.

Let me say you front that I’m thrilled for Arch Manning’s commitment. Mostly I’m thrilled because of the recruiting boom it gives us. Also excited to have the Mannings as a part of the program.

But I’m of the camp that’s undecided on Arch as a five-star quarterback. If you watch his junior film, there’s nothing that screams “five-star,” much less #1 player in the nation, much less third 1.000 rated player in history. Vince jumped off the video. Ewers had the arm and accuracy and made it look simple. 

Farrell got crushed today for saying Arch would be a three-star if not for his last name. I don’t know if I’d go that far, but I’m not seeing what apparently everyone else is seeing, particularly all the recruiting sites. But I trust my eyes more than the 9.95ers anyway. 

Someone tell me what they see in Arch that is elite. 

Who cares. Shut up, aggy 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Viper said:

There's no way he'd still be invited right? Jimbo wouldn't let a young man come into his home and eat his food and use his possessions for their own pleasure while Jimbo just watches it all. It would just violate Jimbo's relationship. That doesn't seem like something he would do or have experience with. 

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I can't believe I am saying this but Ketchum had a great point on Arch today. He went and threw at Clemson, Bama, and Texas last year. Every one of those programs dropped what they were doing and solely recruited Arch until they knew for sure they were out of it. Georgia, the defending national champion with a screaming need at QB, went down swinging for Arch. Johntay Cook went to an event to check out Arch and came away raving about him and telling everyone how legit he was and then committed to go play with him. Those things don't scream overrated to me. 

93f.jpg

forever-unclean.gif

Edited by Post Oak
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Let me say you front that I’m thrilled for Arch Manning’s commitment. Mostly I’m thrilled because of the recruiting boom it gives us. Also excited to have the Mannings as a part of the program.

But I’m of the camp that’s undecided on Arch as a five-star quarterback. If you watch his junior film, there’s nothing that screams “five-star,” much less #1 player in the nation, much less third 1.000 rated player in history. Vince jumped off the video. Ewers had the arm and accuracy and made it look simple. 

Farrell got crushed today for saying Arch would be a three-star if not for his last name. I don’t know if I’d go that far, but I’m not seeing what apparently everyone else is seeing, particularly all the recruiting sites. But I trust my eyes more than the 9.95ers anyway. 

If a name got you 5 stars automatically then these guys sure got screwed. 

Screenshot_20220713-075018_Chrome.thumb.jpg.26d3ed2f7dacd5d81fb51018e0c761e5.jpg

Screenshot_20220713-075152_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b205455cc3eea994224390d6a1bc5292.jpg

Screenshot_20220713-075311_Chrome.thumb.jpg.90876bb24d3f42e70771d39bec52fa6f.jpg

Screenshot_20220713-075635_Chrome.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I care, bitch.

Sorry for the football conversation.

You did not say why you think he should be lower. He has the ideal height. Excellent arm strength. Mechanics allow him to have one of the fastest releases I have seen from a HS QB. Sneaky athleticism. He is not Lamar Jackson, but he definitely not the statue that his Uncles were in the pocket. I didnt look at every QB in the class, so its hard for me to say he is not a 5 star. Like him a lot more the Maalik Murphy, who was a solid 4 star. The 3 star comment was stupid. I said I did not think the should have a perfect rating, but  I dont see much of an argument to say he is not a 5 star/high 4 star. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Getafix said:

🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 

image.thumb.png.0310c03236f2f2c06bf123666de8fce1.png

image.thumb.png.189a218a0350e9a7b9d3ca49c12b16a0.png

We've got "people" too, right, Surl?  Craps milf, porta potty girl, Uber guy, and 'ol Man-bun.  

So speak up, Surl peeps ... 

rubmlings?  hmm... sounds like his source is a "masseuse" 

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

We got a silent today based on Sarks tweet, maybe it was him?

According to Nahlin that was not the reason for the Sark tweet last night. Context implying it was indeed about a new player joining the fold. 

Fully expecting either Gullette or Shelby, perhaps even both, to also drop in the week leading up to the pool party. Buzz around the program has been steady for a couple weeks now that we would see two high profile commitments shortly before the pool party to maintain momentum. 

As far as the tweet last night my guess is Vasek. Been consistent buzz for a week now that the only delay in his decision was the uncertainty over Oregon's future and now after the weekend it seems almost certain Oregon and the PAC will be standing firm as-is. Timing fits. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Shonen said:

rubmlings?  hmm... sounds like his source is a "masseuse" 

Muhammed is going public on the 20th. He told everybody that yesterday. He told some folks that beforehand. Videos and edits have to drop and such. So I don’t think today is the day for MM. 

And I too have “masseusses” on the payroll. The preferred nomenclature is massage therapist, however, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Muhammed is going public on the 20th. He told everybody that yesterday. He told some folks that beforehand. Videos and edits have to drop and such. So I don’t think today is the day for MM. 

And I too have “masseusses” on the payroll. The preferred nomenclature is massage therapist, however, sir. 

Payroll, eh?

Deshaun Watson should have taken advice from you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

spa-spa-day.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I'm not sure why you're getting neg bombed, because I think it's a legitimate discussion and a position that lots of people out there probably agree with. Farrell's claim of 3-star is absurd, but 1.000 is also a pretty high bar to live up to. The two main concerns I've seen floating around are about his accuracy while on the move, and his level of competition in high school.

One thing you miss are the intangibles. By all accounts he's extraordinarily mature and focused for someone his age. He's been getting extremely high level instruction from basically the moment he could hold a football. And the name factor and recruiting bump that came along with him are very real. All that stuff adds to the physical traits.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Ask yourself, does it really matter if he’s a 5 star vs a mid to low 4 star? We’re talking about a kid that grew up with three NFL hall of famers & a division one WR in his family. On top of that, he’s gonna be coached (barring termination) by arguably the best QB developer and one of the best offensive minds in the country. Idk if Sark is the guy but when it comes to QBs I’m gonna trust his judgement 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I'm not sure why you're getting neg bombed, because I think it's a legitimate discussion and a position that lots of people out there probably agree with. Farrell's claim of 3-star is absurd, but 1.000 is also a pretty high bar to live up to. The two main concerns I've seen floating around are about his accuracy while on the move, and his level of competition in high school.

One thing you miss are the intangibles. By all accounts he's extraordinarily mature and focused for someone his age. He's been getting extremely high level instruction from basically the moment he could hold a football. And the name factor and recruiting bump that came along with him are very real. All that stuff adds to the physical traits.

I never really got the level of competition arguments.  He could go to Westlake to spend most of the year blowing out shitty competition and playing 3-4 real games a year. I am not sure how that is better. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I'm not sure why you're getting neg bombed, because I think it's a legitimate discussion and a position that lots of people out there probably agree with.

Do they? I didn't see any of these discussions until after Arch committed to Texas.

There is your answer. 

Arch and Texas together are a perfect combination for polarizing takes. 

• Hook 'Em 4

34 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I never really got the level of competition arguments.  He could go to Westlake to spend most of the year blowing out shitty competition and playing 3-4 real games a year. I am not sure how that is better. 

Not to mention we already have evidence that the level of competition at Isidore isn’t prohibitive for playing up to a high ranking. Both Peyton and Eli lived up to their hype. 

If people want to make the argument that he may need more time to adjust to the level of competition, sure, that’s possible. But that fits our ideal timeline better anyway.

It’s the same fuckers claiming Arch isn’t ready who are also concern trolling that we are going to have an immediate qb controversy and lose one of Quinn or Arch to the portal. 

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 6

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Not to mention we already have evidence that the level of competition at Isidore isn’t prohibitive for playing up to a high ranking. Both Peyton and Eli lived up to their hype. 

If people want to make the argument that he may need more time to adjust to the level of competition, sure, that’s possible. But that fits our ideal timeline better anyway.

The same fuckers are claiming Arch isn’t ready whole also concern trolling that we are going to have an immediate qb controversy and lose one of Quinn or Arch to the portal. 

To me it is more about the talent differential on your schedule, than  the absolute talent on your schedule. Are your WRs constantly creating separation? How big are the windows you throwing into? Does your film show anticipation in your throws? Its not like he is a OL that out-weighs his opponents by an average of 50 pounds and just mauls them, which describes 85% of OL film. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The funniest thing about this cycle is the Aggy inferiority complex. After the class they just landed they are miserable at the face of our success. After we land Anthony Hill they will start blaming Jimbo and their NIL infrastructure and putting undue pressure on themselves for no reason. It’s so fun to see them implode. It’s the Aggy way

• Hook 'Em 3