2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

18 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Tbf, radio host John Lopez (aggy) says he reached out to him and invited him on air, then he and his cohost Nick Wright (yah, that one) ambushed him pretty good. One of the most awkward radio moments I've ever heard live.

They (the show and a few others in town) had hammered Herman on air the two days leading up, which also meant making UH look bad, so I'm about 100% sure that the most thinned-skinned mfer in Houston, UH BMD (and now Rockets Owner) Tilman Fertitta arranged a PR spot that went terribly wrong. Tilman is the type to call into radio shows himself unsolicited to defend himself/his teams. It all makes sense.

So yah, Tom's a narcissistic mfer, but that was an ambush from the jump, and knowing Fertitta, he pretty much made Tom call in to begin with. Tom didn't sound like he even wanted to be on.

Basically those are three people I dislike more than Tom, so I'll have his side on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember that. Truly awkward. Link of that segment below:

https://chirb.it/NNfnf8

A little excitement for NSD1 and discussion about the current Texas Longhorns Football offensive coordinator search. Newclear1 will discuss why Graham Harrell is not the right man for the job and a couple alternatives that Tom Herman should look to next.

The 2 OC names he likes are  Memphis OC Kevin Johns & Rhett Lashlee

[mention=3553]LTtxfan[/mention]

Setting his opinions on Harrell/Applewhite aside, he nailed the problems with the Texas offense. It's what I've said on here, and what I've said watching the games. And to add, Sam's not the QB you wanna keep in 2nd and 3rd and longs.

And all of what he's said is why I've kept an open-mind in regards to Lashlee. He calls the offense a shit ton better than what we've seen here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Texas EPA/play (garbage time excluded):

2017: offense (.081); defense (.010);

2018: offense (.216); defense (.173);

2019 offense (.284); defense (.216).

Consistent improvement from the offense, and a total collapse on defense.  Herman really needed to fire Orlando after 2018, but that obviously wasn't going to happen.  Herman may have been better off if Texas had been unlucky that season.

woah you can get EPA for college games? that is fucking amazing. mind sharing a link or let me know where you got it?

Trying to list all of the names that have been mentioned by the 9.95ers over the last few weeks:

Joe Brady - LSU

Graham Harrell - USC

David Yost - Tech

Mike Yurcich - Ohio St

Chip Long - formerly Notre Dame

Kirk Ciarroca - Minnesota

Sean Gleeson - OSU

Phil Longo - North Carolina

Rhett Lashlee - SMU

David Beaty - formerly Kansas

Courtney Messingham - Kansas St

James Urban - NFL

Kevin Johns - Memphis

Major Applewhite - Analyst

Who did I miss?

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Trying to list all of the names that have been mentioned by the 9.95ers over the last few weeks:

Joe Brady - LSU

Graham Harrell - USC

David Yost - Tech

Mike Yurcich - Ohio St

Sean Gleeson - OSU

Rhett Lashlee - SMU

James Urban - NFL

Kevin Johns - Memphis

Who did I miss?

The Maj

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Joe Brady - LSU

Graham Harrell - USC

David Yost - Tech

Mike Yurcich - Ohio St

Sean Gleeson - OSU

Rhett Lashlee - SMU

James Urban - NFL

Kevin Johns - Memphis

Major Applewhite - Analyst

Who did I miss?

It's like our own version of the annual Aggie rollercoaster, except instead of the peak being "we're going to win a national championship", it's Graham Fucking Harrell.

and a hearty fuck you to Herman and the 9.95ers for making me have that thought

11 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Actually, I have a friend whose ex-BIL is friends with Applewhite from college.  He says the big sticking point preventing Major to UT is Major wants to bring his own hand-picked training staff.  

Yeah, sure.  THAT’s the reason UT won’t hire Applewhite.  

Edited by BrickHorn
Never mind. Just got the joke. Lol

12 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Actually, I have a friend whose ex-BIL is friends with Applewhite from college.  He says the big sticking point preventing Major to UT is Major wants to bring his own hand-picked training staff.  

as long as it's him hand picking his staff and not the trainers hand picking his staff.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I'm listening to Yesterday's Horns247 Longhorns Blitz podcast right now...

Jeff Howe & especially Rod Barbers love Rhett Lashlee as an OC candidate, but Howe says Lashlee coming to UT is highly unlikely (& would literally be an upset) because staying at SMU next season is a more stable job with Shane Buchele & other weapons returning. Lashlee can probably get a Head Coaching job after next season without taking the UT OC job.

They also imply that UT not being able to pull Lashlee from fuccing SMU does not speak well about Herman's reputation & personality.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Jeff Howe & especially Rod Barbers love Rhett Lashlee as an OC candidate, but Howe says Lashlee coming to UT is highly unlikely (& would literally be an upset) because staying at SMU next season is a more stable job with Shane Buchele & other weapons returning. Lashlee can probably get a Head Coaching job after next season without taking the UT OC job.

They also imply that UT not being able to pull Lashlee from fuccing SMU does not speak well about Herman's reputation & personality.

This was always going to be a near impossible task for Herman. It’s going to take a couple more hard passes from top candidates before some here come around to just how unattractive a job under this Texas staff is.

25 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Here's the link to the podcast (Skip to the 41:04 mark to hear when Jeff Howe & Rod Babers discuss Rhett Lashlee): Horns247 Longhorn Blitz podcast - 12/17/2019 - Chris Ash as DC & offensive coordinator search

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

A little excitement for NSD1 and discussion about the current Texas Longhorns Football offensive coordinator search. Newclear1 will discuss why Graham Harrell is not the right man for the job and a couple alternatives that Tom Herman should look to next.

The 2 OC names he likes are  Memphis OC Kevin Johns & Rhett Lashlee

@LTtxfan

Since it's unlikely UT will get Lashlee, Memphis OC Kevin Johns is intriguing. He's another guy that combines the Power Spread with Air Raid.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Those dudes don't know anything. They're speculating like everyone else. Their opinion is Lashlee's next step should be HC and that SMU is a more stable situation and that's enough to keep him at SMU. Few people pass up the opportunity to double their salary. If he succeeds at Texas the HC jobs he would be in line for are P5 gigs. OC from SMU is looking at MWC and AAC gigs, at best.

Just now, Llogg said:

Those dudes don't know anything. They're speculating like everyone else. Their opinion is Lashlee's next step should be HC and that SMU is a more stable situation and that's enough to keep him at SMU. Few people pass up the opportunity to double their salary. If he succeeds at Texas the HC jobs he would be in line for are P5 gigs. OC from SMU is looking at MWC and AAC gigs, at best.

Yeah, I'm not buying that.   A successful year at SMU may set him up for a head job but it's going to be a head job somewhere that probably pays close to what he would make at Texas.  You don't make a move from SMU OC to a power 5 HC or even one of the good group of 5 jobs.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Yeah, I'm not buying that.   A successful year at SMU may set him up for a head job but it's going to be a head job somewhere that probably pays close to what he would make at Texas.  You don't make a move from SMU OC to a power 5 HC or even one of the good group of 5 jobs.

Didn't you hear the conviction from Howe? He sounded scared when Rod questioned that BS.