Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

It's also really stupid.  You don't make coaching decisions based on a sample size of 3 or 4 games.  You make them based on 3 or 4 years.  There is enough data to make a move regardless what happens the rest of the season.

Of course it's stupid. But you're dealing with Texas. While we appear to finally be at a place where we will accept somebody with at least a little dirt on him because he's one of the best college coaches of all time. However, there are still some in the decision-making process who seem to care how Texas' image projects to the outside world. If Tom wins out, there's no way Texas fires a conference-title winning coach with a 10-2 record, especially not during a pandemic. No chance, not even if Urban has verbally agreed to come to Austin. I guess Herman could take another job at that point but we won't be firing him.

This is not out of the realm of possibility either. Texas has tons more talent than everybody left on the schedule. We're just counting on some Hermaning to result in a loss. Past history says it will happen but wouldn't it be just like this cocksmoker to beat Iowa State, K-State and Kansas to set up the OU rematch? I hope like hell that it doesn't come to that and the decision is easy Friday afternoon.

• Hook 'Em 1

All this talk about needing one more loss has to be bull crap. There are very few ADs in the country who shouldn't pursue even the remotest opportunity to hire Urban Meyer with full force. Luckily for us the list of ADs with any chance at CUM is also just as short. The man is a winning machine.

Y’all know Texas is more likely to muck this situation up? Anyone banking on Meyer coming to Texas right now is a fool. And fools can be right (like a broken clock or a blind squirrel), but the odds favor us falling back on our “we’re Texas” pedigree and being the laughing stock of big time programs in this debacle (along with Michigan).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

If he wins out, best case scenario is hoping he takes another job.  He knows he's fucked here.  If not this year, next year.  He talked a big game about winning championships at his opening press conference.  He's been borderline average against sub par opponents and he's been outclassed yearly by our rivals.  Herman is a narcissist, arrogant, stubborn, but he's not completely stupid.  He knows he's not going to get back in the good graces of the fans, BMD, and CDC.  He's already gotten his one "do-over" and it's just more of the same.  I fully expect him to take another job even if we make it to the big 12 championship.  Even if winning out buys him more time, he's still on thin ice and next year will be a rebuilding year.  If this year's average results are what he can do with a loaded Jr/Sr roster in a down year in the conference, he know he will fail when he has to actually coach up young players.  He's not the answer here.  The results the last 4 years prove that.  

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, troph said:

Y’all know Texas is more likely to muck this situation up? Anyone banking on Meyer coming to Texas right now is a fool. And fools can be right (like a broken clock or a blind squirrel), but the odds favor us falling back on our “we’re Texas” pedigree and being the laughing stock of big time programs in this debacle (along with Michigan).

I still haven't given up hope on Saban. You may not have heard, but his wife was spotted looking for real estate round these parts a few years ago! These things take time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, troph said:

but the odds favor us falling back on our “we’re Texas” pedigree and being the laughing stock of big time programs in this debacle

Hell, I hear ya here, but my interpretation of the whole situation, from everything we've been hearing, is that maybe the BMDs and "etc..." are finally realizing that "we're Texas" doesn't mean what they think it means, like most of us here have already realized. The fact they're even heavily considering Urban Myer tells us this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Hell, I hear ya here, but my interpretation of the whole situation, from everything we've been hearing, is that maybe the BMDs and "etc..." are finally realizing that "we're Texas" doesn't mean what they think it means, like most of us here have already realized. The fact they're even heavily considering Urban Myer tells us this. 

I can’t understand how anyone who is a longhorn fan isn’t like this this when it comes to having Urban Meyer as our coach:

spacer.png

Knowing what Texas used to be and also knowing how much more it should have been, I refuse to be a fan of a mediocre laughing stock that we’ve become.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Just look at what the Golden state warriors did to Mark Jackson.  Even though he took the team from the shitters to above average, they still fired him because he couldn't take them to the promised land.  He was well loved by the players and it brought a lot of friction between management and the players but guess what, big time leaders have vision and aren't afraid to make decisions that may spark lots of controversy in the short term.  5 years later and they have won it 3x and built one of the scariest dynasties in modern NBA.

Fuck optics and make the right move.

This. Esta. Dieser. Questo.

In any language, make the right decision for once and get this show back up and running. You talk about a sleeping giant? Mack, was able to close the borders enough, but a coach like UM could really lock that shit down enough to leave scraps for the rest of CFB. Texas forever. Hook 'Em!

2 hours ago, troph said:

We had no idea. All blind fools here, wishing and hoping. Thanks for clearing it all up

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

We had no idea. All blind fools here, wishing and hoping. Thanks for clearing it all up

So it is true? Excessive masturbation (on this thread) has made y’all blind. Glad to help clear it up for everyone.

I’d love Meyer, it’s the obvious and only choice. Who knows maybe CDC will pull a Deloss-Garrido style hire and we ride into CFB history as BSDs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, westexhorn said:

Just look at what the Golden state warriors did to Mark Jackson.  Even though he took the team from the shitters to above average, they still fired him because he couldn't take them to the promised land.  He was well loved by the players and it brought a lot of friction between management and the players but guess what, big time leaders have vision and aren't afraid to make decisions that may spark lots of controversy in the short term.  5 years later and they have won it 3x and built one of the scariest dynasties in modern NBA.

fuck them for firing Jackson and causing that shithead to be an announcer.

• Hook 'Em 1

Why does wanting “Urban or Bust” mean we have to subscribe to  “Fisting with Futureman” comic book series? @TreatyOak an illustration would be hilarious here. 

If Urban is interested and ends up coaching again elsewhere, I will just stop watching for a while. Same if we keep Tom. We have seen his ceiling. Done evaluating him. 

Y’all can fist yourselves to Iceland if you want to, but you don’t need a HC hire failure to do that. Good God. Lol. 

• Hook 'Em 7

5 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Yeah, I'm gonna take a long shower if we're lucky enough to land Meyer. But, he's the only slam-dunk option available and we won't get another shot at a HC of his caliber soon. Optics be damned.

Just win, baby!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, victory88 said:

If he wins out, best case scenario is hoping he takes another job.  He knows he's fucked here.  If not this year, next year.  He talked a big game about winning championships at his opening press conference.  He's been borderline average against sub par opponents and he's been outclassed yearly by our rivals.  Herman is a narcissist, arrogant, stubborn, but he's not completely stupid.  He knows he's not going to get back in the good graces of the fans, BMD, and CDC.  He's already gotten his one "do-over" and it's just more of the same.  I fully expect him to take another job even if we make it to the big 12 championship.  Even if winning out buys him more time, he's still on thin ice and next year will be a rebuilding year.  If this year's average results are what he can do with a loaded Jr/Sr roster in a down year in the conference, he know he will fail when he has to actually coach up young players.  He's not the answer here.  The results the last 4 years prove that.  

Dude have you ever worked with guys who got promoted way beyond their capabilities and are making major bank? Those motherfuckers will fight and claw with their last dying breath to hang on to that shit, especially once they clue in that that hot-ass piece of pussy would rather take half your fucking money and live in a fun place than keep teabagging you in Oxford, OHIO. He’s gonna be harder to get out of his office than Trump (yeah yeah, fuck you, CR, blah blah blah)....

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Why does wanting “Urban or Bust” mean we have to subscribe to  “Fisting with Futureman” comic book series? @TreatyOak an illustration would be hilarious here. 

If Urban is interested and ends up coaching again elsewhere, I will just stop watching for a while. Same if we keep Tom. We have seen his ceiling. Done evaluating him. 

Y’all can fist yourselves to Iceland if you want to, but you don’t need a HC hire failure to do that. Good God. Lol. 

Well, yeah, it may not be the appropriate reaction, but anyone that has followed our football program (especially over the last decade or so) has felt like slamming their fist into something (and many probably have). Maybe Futureman feels that way and just chose a target more close to home and personal than others.

I want to believe that there are some very rich, rabid UT football fans who know Urban is the answer.  I want to believe that they and CDC also see the Gomers trying to become relevant in football in the SEC led by a sawed off West Virginia cuck.  If I was 85 and had eleventy billion dollars, I would give nearly every nickel to Texas to start winning big again.  I am looking at you Red.  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, troph said:

Who knows maybe CDC will pull a Deloss-Garrido style hire and we ride into CFB history as BSDs.

It's funny you bring up Garrido. Many people question Urban because of his ethics, meanwhile Garrido was an unapologetic alcoholic and one of the biggest hardass, genuine asshole coaches to ever step foot on the 40 in any sport. Never heard anyone complaining when he was winning national titles here. 

• Hook 'Em 6

It's funny you bring up Garrido. Many people question Urban because of his ethics, meanwhile Garrido was an unapologetic alcoholic and one of the biggest hardass, genuine asshole coaches to ever step foot on the 40 in any sport. Never heard anyone complaining when he was winning national titles here. 

Best hire in my lifetime.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, westexhorn said:

Ya this is complete fiction. Mark Jackson was fired because he was a piece of shit (extremely religious aka homophobic, would spend as many days in LA during the season as possible), tried to turn players against each other (Festus Ezeli situation), fired assistants for disagreeing with him, and underutilized a stacked roster. There's a reason he hasn't gotten a job since then. 

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I hear he wasn't great about turning on the headlights of his Porsche too

5 hours ago, westexhorn said:

The fact that CDC has almost literally said nothing even after that has become a talking point of the media and even his head coach would seem to be very telling.  I just hope he is waiting for the convenient loss to make the decision known.  

But I just don’t see how you fire him if he somehow pulls off a conference championship.  It would figure that he finally wins a conference title once everyone is done with him and Urban is available.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's funny you bring up Garrido. Many people question Urban because of his ethics, meanwhile Garrido was an unapologetic alcoholic and one of the biggest hardass, genuine asshole coaches to ever step foot on the 40 in any sport.

And yet nearly every one of his star players from CSF & UT not only turned out for his memorial service, but spoke at it, often through tears.  This leads me to to believe that the “asshole” term is overblown.  And yes, I’ve seen the Linklater video.

And yet nearly every one of his star players from CSF & UT not only turned out for his memorial service, but spoke at it, often through tears.  This leads me to to believe that the “asshole” term is overblown.  And yes, I’ve seen the Linklater video.

When you instill values that produce a lifetime of results from a place of care and concern you’ll tend to have that effect on people, even if you are a loud hard ass. The trick to the loud hard asses out there is the results part of it. Yelling to yell doesn’t do shit.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

His players loved him though so while he screamed and cussed and was a hardass I don't know about the asshole part.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic