Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

17 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I get it. I heard he turned it down last week and it’s over. So the smoke you guys are hearing about tells me at least it wasn’t a final no. That’s why I’m slightly encouraged.

On Herman remaining, people can forget that scenario. On the assumption that Herman tried hard to win Iowa St, not sure about that. I’m sure his staff did. Don’t know about him.

The FLA to tOSU time line had Meyer vocalizing his denial during that interim.  I haven't really heard anything close to that from him.  Seems more like Urban is silent more than anything.  I'm not doubting you heard that, shit Kirk Barton who posted a video of Meyer acknowledging they text said Meyer told him no.  But we haven't heard an unequivocal no.  uncredible sources (not you) broadcasting a no and some wishful thinking from the Buckeyes.  Anyway, I'm not saying he's in, these situations are fluid and dynamic, I just find it really strange that there is almost complete silence right now - not a yes, not a no, and nothing about Texas looking at other coaches expecting a no.  That's strange unless it's done or it really is a strong maybe like a "yes, if..." and we are waiting on the if.

Doesn’t it make sense that the delay in UM announcing and possibly joining up with the Good Guys, relates back to his recruitment of at least some of his former staff who happen to be in the middle of a playoff run and not by any need to fire Tom or any of the other issues that have been floated on this board.

By all accounts UM and wife are very tight and loyal with the buckeye community, and actively poaching OsU staff would be frowned upon in their circles. UM likely just wants to do this the right way and not burn too many bridges. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Ricky broke the record at DKR. 

You right I was wrong. I was there I was young I’m 30 now. I grew up a Texas fan. 3 graduates from Texas in my immediate family I’m a pipeline welder. I was in 9th when we won our natty. We are mediocre at best when Baylor took it over Texas has gotten no better

• Fuck You 17

Just now, USNALonghorn said:

Even years = game in Austin

Or you know, if you are a big enough Longhorn football fan to be posting on a message you've probably have seen that play enough times to know we are in Orange and it's clearly the South End zone at DKR. It's only one of the most famous plays in Texas history.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Meyer said:

You right I was wrong. I was there I was young I’m 30 now. I grew up a Texas fan. 3 graduates from Texas in my immediate family I’m a pipeline welder. I was in 9th when we won our natty. We are mediocre at best when Baylor took it over Texas has gotten no better

Weld more. Post less.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

when spurrier dubbed him coach february it stuck like a pig.  Urban probably has oodles of respect for a guy like Spurrier vs. Brown.  Urban is a stone cold killer and Spurrier is a big don't give a fuck guy.  Brown has that fake persona that probably rubs guys like Urban the wrong way.  He's a pretty damn good coach but he isn't Urban or Spurrier.  Yes I know Spurrier and Brown have the same number of NC's.

And conversely, when he was on the air, Mack never passed up on opportunity to cup Spurrier’s balls and ravenously fellate him. 

Your punctuation is exceptional.

McRib?

Confession time. I have never eaten a McRib.

Doesn’t it make sense that the delay in UM announcing and possibly joining up with the Good Guys, relates back to his recruitment of at least some of his former staff who happen to be in the middle of a playoff run and not by any need to fire Tom or any of the other issues that have been floated on this board.

By all accounts UM and wife are very tight and loyal with the buckeye community, and actively poaching OsU staff would be frowned upon in their circles. UM likely just wants to do this the right way and not burn too many bridges. 
Especially when connected to tOSU folks saying that UM has not reached out to tOSU staff. Perhaps UM has not said yes or no bc he needs to talk to potential hires, but he can't or won't reach out to potential hires until after the season.... so we're in a holding pattern.

Texas for 10 years has been Iowa state level we can beat the big ones and lose to Kansas. We are Texas 8-5 -7-5 get fucked that’s a decade. if you think we’re a power house. Your god damn delusional. I’ll be there in the off season. Meyer 

• Fuck You 18

30 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I get it. I heard he turned it down last week and it’s over. So the smoke you guys are hearing about tells me at least it wasn’t a final no. That’s why I’m slightly encouraged.

On Herman remaining, people can forget that scenario. On the assumption that Herman tried hard to win Iowa St, not sure about that. I’m sure his staff did. Don’t know about him.

Sounds like you heard the “I need more time” that others are talking about

15 minutes ago, Meyer said:

Conspiracy ass dudes Texas hasn’t made a good hire in how long? I’m born and raised in Austin. I saw Ricky break the record in college station. Texas isn’t Texas rn. Changes will be made. 

Ricky broke the record in Austin, you douche bag. Go fuck your mother’s ass. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic