Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, RMac5 said:

If Urban is indeed out, why did he let this shit show drag on for weeks? He could of said a long time ago that he wasn’t interested in coaching again. Looks to me like CDC and UT swung for the fences and came up short. 

Probably because he couldn't assemble the staff he wanted off of Ohio State's current staff and didn't want to have to hunt for alternatives. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Coincidentally, my left nut wants CUM to happen just as much as anyone

Urban Meyer probably caught wind of this whole CUM thing and said, “Nope! Not dealing with that for the next 5 years.”

Way to go, guys.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

You overrate us. Are we still interested in up and coming coaches?  Saban and Meyer have pretty big egos, no?  Path is not “easy” as it is so commonly described. It’s pretty easy for one program but it wouldn’t be for us. 

Did some research tonight...

8 conference titles since DKR retired....43 years and we only have 8 fucking conference titles

• Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

How the fuck is Urban saying no CDC's fault?

While that part of it is not CDC's fault maybe we should look at what is expected from CDC's job as athletic director.  As the AD one of his jobs (I would argue a big one) is to field a good football team which usually means you have to get a competent coach.  We can blame the previous regime all we want but that does not change the fact that CDC's job is to fix it.  At this point where is the fix since I think everyone has come to the conclusion that Herman is not a great coach.  If CDC decides to wait until next year or the year after while keeping Herman then what?  Is some magical coach going to appear or will we be picking through the same coaches we can pick through today.  If the buyout is the issue then what the University is telling me is that they are happy with a team that goes 8-4, loses to our rivals, and makes it to a crappy bowl game every year as long as we are making money.  Well they won't be getting any of my money for that type of product anymore and I am confident I am not the only one that feels that way.  

• Hook 'Em 2

So my birthday party chore ended having a midday meal at Chuy’s and a trip to an animal rescue to get a new dog added on. Nicole never texted so I figured it didn’t happen yet. Wasn’t expecting the leaking of a no getting out. Pretty bummed honestly. Of course in true 9.95er fashion everyone has left a window open for reversal. Shitty news all around. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

This mfer FCB is over here hedging in one fucking sentence!a8ef80af8a70c4a412fbacb12bea6ea2.jpg

That's all these 9.95rs.  Everything they tweet, write or post all say he may or may not do it.  It's fucking content they have to push out. They don't know.  You wouldn't get bullshit hedging like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So let’s say the rumors are true and the perception of top established and proven talent is our considerable resources and recruiting base aren’t worth the headache of meeting great expectations.  How can the University change those perceptions?  Or should they?  Are we Excalibur stuck in the stone waiting as up and comer after up and comer takes a tug waiting for fate to eventually deliver someone worthy?  If so, perhaps it’s not a savior we need, but a fixer.  

Edited by Steelers Roll Left
  • Hook 'Em 1

What's embarrassing if they gave it a good faith effort, and in the end Urban says no? If that's how it turns out? The  AD gets criticized as being a dysfunctional mess, but so far, it has been radio silence from them and the supposed target Meyer. Not one thing that has been rumored or leaked has been verified. If they are truly courting him, then in this age of no secrets, they are doing it as best as can be expected.

As for the backup plan, who exactly is out there that won't be another shot in the dark save for 2-3 names that aren't budging?

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic