Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

30 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Jimmy Lake would drown trying to handle the pressure of this program which entails dealing with the LHN, BMDs and an unrealistic fan base...

Ah, it was a pun.  Ok then, I guess you're not just parroting media bullshit.

Edited by TriStone
the benefit of the doubt
  • Hook 'Em 3

I just can't believe how fucking poorly they've handled this.  How can you let it get this public and out of control without some kind of assurance from Meyer?  You allowed him to string you along, and got enough people involved, that it eventually leaked out and completely fucked any chance of even pretending that Tom Herman is still 'your guy'.

There is no fucking way anyone can stand on a podium and say that they trust and support Tom Herman moving forward as the HC at Texas.  But if they don't have the buyout money - that's what is going to happen and its beyond fucking embarrassing.

Its beyond embarrassing to be a fan of this team right now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

The games often shouldn’t be as close as they should be so that’s on herman but I can think of 6 or 7 individuall, late game or even last play mistakes that cost us games.  

So what is your point? Turtle Tom slows it down and coaches scared to put his players in position where a mistake can cost us the game and somehow those losses are the individuals and not Tom's?

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

So what is your point? Turtle Tom slows it down and coaches scared to put his players in position where a mistake can cost us the game and somehow those losses are the individuals and not Tom's?

I think Tom gets very complacent and only lights a fire under his own ass when he knows his back is against the wall. 

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I just can't believe how fucking poorly they've handled this.  How can you let it get this public and out of control without some kind of assurance from Meyer?  You allowed him to string you along, and got enough people involved, that it eventually leaked out and completely fucked any chance of even pretending that Tom Herman is still 'your guy'.

There is no fucking way anyone can stand on a podium and say that they trust and support Tom Herman moving forward as the HC at Texas.  But if they don't have the buyout money - that's what is going to happen and its beyond fucking embarrassing.

That’s the problem here - BMD with strings attached - those guys need to get out of the way. Either give CDC the money or don’t, but none of this conditional shit. That’s THE problem if it proves CDC was backed into a corner and had no option but Urban Meyer or bust.  And the “we’re Texas” nonsense made them believe “or bust” wouldn’t happen.  Oops. 

* I still think there is one plausible theory for how urbs is a yes, but our history suggests this won’t happen. 

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, troph said:

That’s the problem here - BMD with strings attached - those guys need to get out of the way. Either give CDC the money or don’t, but none of this conditional shit. That’s THE problem if it proves CDC was backed into a corner. 

What if the BMD's weren't the reason this didn't happen and it was CDC? CDC backed himself into a corner last year defending Tom Herman and did so all through this season, although not publicly. CDC has grossly mishandled Herman from the raise to last off-season to this season. 

14 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Lol. Coming out of the gate strong this week, I see. 

I think people know my thoughts on Urban possibly coming to UT Austin. 

Sorry you are not having as good of a start to your week as some others are. 

You’re a fucking assclown. Your bullshit of “Urban would never be hired at Texas” is demonstrably false. Texas tried and failed to hire Urban (at this point anyway). Stick to poring over a&m’s financial reports you fucking blowhard. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What if the BMD's weren't the reason this didn't happen and it was CDC? CDC backed himself into a corner last year defending Tom Herman and did so all through this season, although not publicly. CDC has grossly mishandled Herman from the raise to last off-season to this season. 

I thought the President was responsible for the extension?  And I do think our BMD culture is rotten, it always has been.  I also think the Texas AD has been a baboon, it always has been. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You know why Nahlin and IT keep pumping out bullshit?

Because they know 80% of the fan base is Eddie from Christmas vacation when Clark says he heard Santa was spotted flying in and Eddie goes “you serious Clark?”. 

christmas vacation GIF

IT != 247, Scout, OB, etc

not that it is THAT much better but let's not act like IT doesn't have connections and has a long long long history of making shit up for clicks.

Edited by NoName

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Seriously? You've worked with anyone else right? People suck at keeping secrets. This is why it's always so humorous when the conspiracy theory nuts put so much faith in a large group of people keeping a secret for some cover up. 
People like to talk in passing, even when they think they're not saying anything and being clever.

Edited by vtaenz
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

“Peel off their boot”!?

I’ve washed stuff off my boot. I’ve scraped stuff off my boot. 

What the hell do people “peel” off their boot? 

Lol I believe it's just a saying which I'm sure you are aware of. I have had to peel some tape off my shoes from time to time, and being less than some discarded tape makes you pretty worthless HAHA. Amen for @sydneycarton, if there's a best post of the year category I nominate his this morning. 

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Clocking in for the morning shift. Should I stick with coffee or are we going straight to Jack Daniels bourbon today? 

Considering it appears the football program will continue to suck well into the foreseeable future, I suggest you stick with coffee unless you want a liver transplant.

11 minutes ago, troph said:

That’s the problem here - BMD with strings attached - those guys need to get out of the way. Either give CDC the money or don’t, but none of this conditional shit. That’s THE problem if it proves CDC was backed into a corner and had no option but Urban Meyer or bust.  And the “we’re Texas” nonsense made them believe “or bust” wouldn’t happen.  Oops. 

* I still think there is one plausible theory for how urbs is a yes, but our history suggests this won’t happen. 

I’m confident CDC can rebuild the athletics program. Yes, alumni need to not be meddling in his work and need to judge him on his decisions. That would’ve quite helpful. 

Take a look at how CDC managed TCU, all with far fewer resources.

As long as the alumni, and especially “certain” BMDs chill the fuck out, CDC is probably the right person to be running the show. 

If you want a true nightmare scenario, who is “next up” as AD if CDC gets fed up with “certain” BMDs trying to micromanage his job for him? 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Tom will be here next year. He ain’t getting fired with the buyout and no slam dunk replacement. Only way he’s gone is if he takes another job after being nearly replaced this year. It’ll be another lost season, OU will win the conference again. 

we’re texas 

funny-reaction-gif-well-ok.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

jerry seinfeld agree GIF

you aren't new - you should know this.

are they infallible? no way

are they a ton better than OB? absolutely.

they aren't all the same...don't die on this hill of dumbassery just to try to prove a shitty point.

Just heard Joel klatt on the radio.  I’m positive he hasn’t heard the news as he’s not as invested as we are.  His thoughts:

if you can get urban, of course you get him

if not, are you positive another guy would be better than herman,?

three top ten classes

texas is not back but they’re certainly better than where they were when Tom took over

has Tom met expectations?   Probably not but he’s also three plays from being undefeated 

bama loves sark and may want him to replace saban

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

you aren't new - you should know this.

are they infallible? no way

are they a ton better than OB? absolutely.

they aren't all the same...don't die on this hill of dumbassery just to try to prove a shitty point.

I think your point is shitty too. Way to convince me. They aren’t the same. Neat. When it comes to this stuff it’s different than talking to a teenager about where he wants to go to college. There job is to mainly talk about recruiting and where kids will end up and that’s not hard if you attend events, attend games and talk to the kids and their coaches and parents. This part they are routinely wrong and put stories out for clicks and subscriptions only to never have to answer for making shit up they heard from the janitor or someone they view as a insider. I’ll listen to them when it comes to recruiting but coaching stuff like this they know as much as guys here that say they know a guy who has ties to Texas.

So now, at best, Texas would finish 8-3 with a mid-tier bowl win.  Probably end up ranked right around 20th in the country.  That's fucking terrible considering expectations coming into the season, but not so bad that CDC couldn't plausibly stand up in front of reporters and support Herman and use COVID as an excuse and give him a vote of confidence going into 2021.

That's out the fucking window - and now unless some magical unicorn arrives that the BMD's will rally around they aren't going to cut a check to fire Herman's ass and instead we go into a Clay Helton situation.  Recruiting in 2022 gets worse than an already bad 2021 class.  You make it a much harder job for the next guy to succeed in.  

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Just heard Joel klatt on the radio.  I’m positive he hasn’t heard the news as he’s not as invested as we are.  His thoughts:

if you can get urban, of course you get him

if not, are you positive another guy would be better than herman,?

three top ten classes

texas is not back but they’re certainly better than where they were when Tom took over

has Tom met expectations?   Probably not but he’s also three plays from being undefeated 

bama loves sark and may want him to replace saban

Three plays from undefeated and 3 plays from having 6 losses. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, NoName said:

this is about the 5th time this has had to be posted

• Carolina paid a buyout to Baylor (not small) to get him
  • He has contract that is something like 6/$60 with about $50m guaranteed
  • He took his entire coaching tree with him
  • He hasn't coached a full year and ditching would crater any future career NFL future

We are more likely to re-hire Charlie Strong than hire Matt Ruhle

<thankyoumichaelscott.gif>

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I think your point is shitty too. Way to convince me. They aren’t the same. Neat. When it comes to this stuff it’s different than talking to a teenager about where he wants to go to college. There job is to mainly talk about recruiting and where kids will end up and that’s not hard if you attend events, attend games and talk to the kids and their coaches and parents. This part they are routinely wrong and put stories out for clicks and subscriptions only to never have to answer for making shit up they heard from the janitor or someone they view as a insider. I’ll listen to them when it comes to recruiting but coaching stuff like this they know as much as guys here that say they know a guy who has ties to Texas.

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I’m confident CDC can rebuild the athletics program. Yes, alumni need to not be meddling in his work and need to judge him on his decisions. That would’ve quite helpful. 

Take a look at how CDC managed TCU, all with far fewer resources.

As long as the alumni, and especially “certain” BMDs chill the fuck out, CDC is probably the right person to be running the show. 

If you want a true nightmare scenario, who is “next up” as AD if CDC gets fed up with “certain” BMDs trying to micromanage his job for him? 

CDC can make the best hires in every other sport but if you fuck up the football hire you essentially signed your own pink slip.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic