Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Bottlecap said:

eh. just some shit about how texas has all the advantages and there's no reason to suck.

maybe we should FUCKING FIRE HERMAN.

Nope, having all the advantages and still sucking doesn't make it okay to fire the coach responsible for it. If you do that, you're a cesspool.

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm of the opinion that I don't give one fuck what something is called in the Czech Republic. Here, in this state, kolaches have meat in them. When some hipster or foodie dipshit who overrates themselves and their importance pipes up pedantically to tell a room what they're actually "supposed" to be called during a breakfast meeting, they're shouted down and told to shut the fuck off, and we take their fucking kolaches away. 

Good grief.  A kolache with meat in it is one of two things---a pig in a blanket or a klobasnek, Kolaches come with apple, apricot, prune, peach, strawberry, poppyseed, or various other fruit fillings.  Calling a piece of dough around a sausage a kolache, is about like calling Bill Miller's good BBQ....

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Oh shit, Magary and Roth freestyling about the humiliation of Texas Football? Can't be good.

https://defector.com/talking-about-shame-plague-and-texas-football-with-kelsey-mckinney/

Magary turned into a cunt. Didn't even know they got the band back together. 

Edit:  he was probably always a cunt but at least he was a funny cunt back in the early days of deadspin.

Edited by pops

10 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

No Texan would use the word, “cola,” unless quoting a yankee halfwit. Not only are all “colas” cokes, but damn near any non-alcoholic carbonated beverage is a coke. It’s like jello, kleenex or xerox. It’s a generic term to describe an entire subset of similar products. 

Fucking “cola...”

this.  Coke is generic unless you are specifically ordering one and at a fast food joint in Texas if you say fries and a coke they will likely ask you what kind of coke first.

no one says cola in Texas...now "sugar water" is another thing all together.

1 hour ago, BrewmanTX said:

First off, I’m 100% Czech so I know what I’m talking about. These are NOT kolaches. Kolaches are FRUIT filled pastries. I’m not saying that I don’t like klobasnikis (meat filled versions), but let’s get the nomenclature correct.
I will agree that The Czech Stop is grossly overrated, but I’m just comparing them to my mom’s, which are the best, hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love and respect for all things Czech.

FCB..the know nothing piece of shit

With no clear-cut, consensus choice worthy of a $25 million buyout after flirting with Urban Meyer, Texas could very well issue a statement by the end of the weekend (if UT completes its regular season Saturday at Kansas, COVID-19 willing) that says Tom Herman’s evaluation will result in him continuing as the Longhorns’ coach in 2021.

That would give everyone — including recruits — some clarity on Texas’ situation with signing day looming next Wednesday (Dec. 16).

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Now you're speaking my language! Being from West, you're fucking up by not going to Village Bakery over Czech Stop. I get it's right off I-35, but Czech Stop is highly overrated.

Czech stop is gross.  They don't even put posipka on their kolaches.  They just douse em in sugar.  Village Backery is great but have they ever reopened?  They closed after the owner died and I haven't heard of em reopening.

If you are in a hurry, Slovacek's is far superior to Czech Stop.

8 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Good grief.  A kolache with meat in it is one of two things---a pig in a blanket or a klobasnek, Kolaches come with apple, apricot, prune, peach, strawberry, poppyseed, or various other fruit fillings.  Calling a piece of dough around a sausage a kolache, is about like calling Bill Miller's good BBQ....

The Kolaches by me have sausage, jalapeno, and cheese. 

15 minutes ago, JMFP said:

First off, I’m 100% Czech so I know what I’m talking about. These are NOT kolaches. Kolaches are FRUIT filled pastries. I’m not saying that I don’t like klobasnikis (meat filled versions), but let’s get the nomenclature correct.
I will agree that The Czech Stop is grossly overrated, but I’m just comparing them to my mom’s, which are the best, hands down

You are correct. In 1971 I went to a 50th wedding anniversary in Schulenburg and was shocked that most of the people were speaking German (I grew up in Van Zandt county which was all WASPs.) I spent many Thanksgivings at their house and Clementine Frank made great kolaches which were only fruit filled. She did make sausage klobasneks too. 

Edited by Texas73

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

With no clear-cut, consensus choice worthy of a $25 million buyout after flirting with Urban Meyer, Texas could very well issue a statement by the end of the weekend (if UT completes its regular season Saturday at Kansas, COVID-19 willing) that says Tom Herman’s evaluation will result in him continuing as the Longhorns’ coach in 2021.

That would give everyone — including recruits — some clarity on Texas’ situation with signing day looming next Wednesday (Dec. 16).

Very day crew this is.

TFB who also knows nothing

Was speaking to the source I referenced in a recent post regarding CDC, who has worked with CDC.

I mentioned the idea of CDC going after Dan Mullen to which source said, that that makes sense, “CDC wants fans in the stands.”

Obviously.

But to that end, “He wants to improve the offense. That’s the same thought process he had in 2014 when he pushed the change at TCU.”

I asked, “So he likes offense?”

To which source said, “No. Fans like offense. Probably why Tom ran up the score last weekend on K State…really good offense has proven to win this conference, even if your defense is suspect. OU has proven that”.

So, perhaps not a huge surprise but expect whoever comes (if there is a change) to be an offensive guy unless of course it’s Gary P in which case, you can guarantee there will be an elite offensive coordinator paired with him.

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Damn... if FCB isn't full of shit that might actually be the nail

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

TFB who also knows nothing

Was speaking to the source I referenced in a recent post regarding CDC, who has worked with CDC.

I mentioned the idea of CDC going after Dan Mullen to which source said, that that makes sense, “CDC wants fans in the stands.”

Obviously.

But to that end, “He wants to improve the offense. That’s the same thought process he had in 2014 when he pushed the change at TCU.”

I asked, “So he likes offense?”

To which source said, “No. Fans like offense. Probably why Tom ran up the score last weekend on K State…really good offense has proven to win this conference, even if your defense is suspect. OU has proven that”.

So, perhaps not a huge surprise but expect whoever comes (if there is a change) to be an offensive guy unless of course it’s Gary P in which case, you can guarantee there will be an elite offensive coordinator paired with him.

That may be the worst update I've ever read.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Czech stop is gross.  They don't even put posipka on their kolaches.  They just douse em in sugar.  Village Backery is great but have they ever reopened?  They closed after the owner died and I haven't heard of em reopening.

If you are in a hurry, Slovacek's is far superior to Czech Stop.

You're correct, my apologies they are closed. Gerik's would be the go to then if you were looking for the homemade feel. They don't have their own little shop anymore it's located inside the Pizza House now. 

But I agree, I'd take Slovacek's over Czech Stop in a heartbeat. Czech Stop hasn't been good in years. 

20 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I don’t care if they are called kolaches, klubniks, waluigis, kapowskis whatever...all I know is the boudin version is the best

Boudin kolaches are the shit.

It’s also one of those under the radar pieces of America that isn’t celebrated enough for being so American.

Adapted Czech immigrant food that is then adapted again to incorporate a poor-person Cajun staple food.... which is an adapted French / creole dish.

Only in America ya’ll.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Colin asking if UM is done with coaching forever. Feels that itch to coach all the time. Everyday. It would have to be a perfect situation for him. It would have to be ok with his health situation. He will never say he is done. He misses coaching and will never say never.

Its happening!!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

Paraphrasing:  "That itch to coach comes back all the time.  It will when you did it this long...it would have to be the perfect situation, where I knew it wouldn't affect my health...I think I'm done.  I think I'm done, but I can't say never."

Cowcrap - "Where are you at right now?"  (LOL)

Urban - "Fox built this background set.  I'm at my home in Columbus."   (drapes not visible....)

Edited by clapclapclap

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic