Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Herman can't do his job.

CDC can't do his job.

More of the multi-generational dysfunction that explains why the university with the wealthiest athletics department in the most talent rich football state has 1 national title in the last 50 years.

18 minutes ago, pops said:

Fuck...CDC even says as much in the statement...I evaluate at the end of the season. As to the end of the regular season, turtle is our coach. 

He gone. 

The regular season's been over for a few days after KU got cancelled. Probably the whole season is over as I think they cancel all the meaningless weak ass bowls. Herman is coming back as coach because Meyer said no and they aren't paying $25 mil in just buyouts to bring in a no name coach. CDC played this whole think like a bumbling idiot

• Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Alright day crew we knew this was coming. Let's redirect this negativity into sleuthing the interwebs for more Urban clues. Can't let night crew come in to this shit show tonight 

Supervisor material right here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

@closetojumping said the statement would be VERY carefully worded...I thought it would say something like “we fully expect to have Tom Herman as our coach next year” or “Tom Herman will be our coach moving forward”...CDC literally said “this man is still currently employed” and then proceeded to shit on him in the rest of the statement...lol he is fucking DONE

I think this means we are at least a month away from a new coach being announced.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

@closetojumping said the statement would be VERY carefully worded...I thought it would say something like “we fully expect to have Tom Herman as our coach next year” or “Tom Herman will be our coach moving forward”...CDC literally said “this man is still currently employed” and then proceeded to shit on him in the rest of the statement...lol he is fucking DONE

CDC's statement doesn't say anything like the quotes above. 

So what's point of putting out a statement like that if he's going to fire Herman in 30 days? For recruiting? For the health of the program? If that's the case, then why not 2-3 weeks ago, when the football world all knew that Texas was trying to get Meyer? 

If CDC is just doing what he said he was going to do all along, why does he need to issue a statement? What happened that made him feel it was necessary to all of the sudden issue a statement?

Just now, Brothahorn said:

So what's point of putting out a statement like that if he's going to fire Herman in 30 days? For recruiting? For the health of the program? If that's the case, then why not 2-3 weeks ago, when the football world all knew that Texas was trying to get Meyer? 

If CDC is just doing what he said he was going to do all along, why does he need to issue a statement? What happened that made him feel it was necessary to all of the sudden issue a statement?

You asked a total of five questions.

15 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

So he can tell it’s ambiguous and lukewarm, but is certain it means he will be back?  I don’t get it. 

This is probably technically correct.  Herman will be the head coach at Texas for the first half of January of 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is a pretty crystal clear signaling to me from Del Conte. He didn't talk about Herman being the coach going forward or into 2021. More importantly, he talked about evaluating coaches at the end of the season, then went out of his way to point out that the REGULAR season is over. He's setting up a change, sometime in the coming weeks after the bowl games and playoffs. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 5

I used the same cipher that the guy used to crack the Zodiac message that just got released. Applying it to CDC's statement, it actually says, "We are negotiating with Butch Jones. I beg for death every night. There is no God. There is no mercy."

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I would guess NSD1. If urban isn't doing shit until osu season is over then who gives a shit if cdc basically gave the HR department statement of "I can confirm tom herman is currently employed by the university of texas"

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Season wasn't over then.  Season is over now.  Also there was no disruption on tOSU program then.  There is disruption now.   There was no public pressure then.  There is now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is a pretty crystal clear signaling to me from Del Conte. He didn't talk about Herman being the coach going forward or into 2021. More importantly, he talked about evaluating coaches at the end of the reason, then went out of his way to point out that the REGULAR season is over. He's setting up a change, sometime in the coming weeks after the bowl games and playoffs. 

Yep - I'd expect to see Tom coach this team through the Bowl and then see him 'evaluated' and let go.

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m still waiting for apologies from most of you. 

I am sorry you pledged to do unspeakable things to yourself. 

That door hasn't closed, so I appreciate your concern regarding fulfillment of your pledge. 

Anyone keeping up with Musk and Ellison as they move their operations to Texas? (Three's a charm - coach).

1 minute ago, RollLeft said:

Season wasn't over then.  Season is over now.  Also there was no disruption on tOSU program then.  There is disruption now.   There was no public pressure then.  There is now. 

Yep. There will be public pressure now. CDC knows he will be getting shit from the fans. Fox sports just said it was cryptic, intentionally vague and tepid statement from CDC. He knows there will now be pressure. He’s letting us know he knows. Game on for Herman replacement! Please bring Urban to Texas!!!🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic