Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

you are a fucking aggy

using the word 'watershed' and taking a shot at LHN is pretty transparent dude

Yep. That's what I was saying earlier. The bullshit shot at LHN was a dead giveaway. Obvious aggy is obvious.

5 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Sarkisian’s head coaching record is public information. But I guess he gets credit for directing a loaded Alabama offense for two years or something. 

Pretty sure anyone on the night crew could call Plays and put up 30+ with that talent 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
Urban
Kelly
Mullen
Fickell
Tony Elliot
Sarkisian

in that order imo 

So, Urban or bust?

Yup, that sad list is definitely Urban Meyer or Bust.

No worries, gonna announce Urban as our head coach this week.  He'll start assembling his staff and then hire anyone from Ohio State after their playoff run is over-- which should be pretty quick from what I saw yesterday. :)

20 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Sarkisian’s head coaching record is public information. But I guess he gets credit for directing a loaded Alabama offense for two years or something. 

He accepted Saban as his coaching lord and savior when he joined his staff.

Once you do that, then you get that sweet Saban Christ-like absolution of coaching sin.

DRlFr44UIAAxxbK.jpg

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yup, that sad list is definitely Urban Meyer or Bust.

No worries, gonna announce Urban as our head coach this week.  He'll start assembling his staff and then hire anyone from Ohio State after their playoff run is over-- which should be pretty quick from what I saw yesterday. :)

Just checking.  Do you have white powder mark under your nose?  

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Just checking.  Do you have white powder mark under your nose?  

Nah I don't do that stuff.  But I am on PTO until January 6th and I started my Sunday day-drinking at about 3 AM, so take my words for what they're worth. :)

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Nah I don't do that stuff.  But I am on PTO until January 6th and I started my Sunday day-drinking at about 3 AM, so take my words for what they're worth. :)

All hail utee94 as BDE is strong with you.

Edited by Horn80
  • Hook 'Em 1

Lol fuck that troll. CDC isnt going fucking rogue to hire cutty sark behind the BMDs back. They won’t pay for Herman’s buyout if he did that. That’s not how any of this shit works. Also he would be an awful awful hire

Yes there are items in his post that make no sense. My initial reaction to Sark several weeks ago was negative based upon the horrific stories of his drinking. And with rumors of Herman’s drinking as well, it would seem to be a terrible choice - unless he’s truly stopped drinking and Texas feels confident he’s stopped for good. The problem with an alcoholic is that you never know. It would be a risky choice that could work out great or terribly.

The problem I have is that besides Meyer no one else excites me. I’m sure there’s someone whose really really good, but we don’t have enough visibility into the real capabilities of candidates.

I remember reading about how Riley had an incredible memory that allowed him to easily recall almost any piece of information. That is one of the reasons he’s such an innovative offensive coach. Saban personally wrote the process documentation for every single aspect of the team’s functions, by position. That is an incredible depth of knowledge.

Texas needs to be able to sift through the coaching ranks to truly understand who is special and who is just a figurehead. That espn article implies Sark might be special, but hopefully no longer comes with the drinking baggage.

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

I was walking around campus yesterday and saw this guy who was clearly lost and totally wasted. I asked him if he needed help. He puked in the bushes and then said he was looking for the head coaches office. I said, "the homeless encampment is over there." He said, "I'm not homeless, I'm from Alabama." So I gave him a line of coke and a McRib and then walked him to the stadium. He said he went to LA once and everyone treated him like crap, but everyone in Austin was so nice that he was moving here for five years at $5 million per year.

I don't care if you believe me or not. It happened.

Did he ask for directions to the stadium? Did he promise to send all his progeny to UT, even though all his ancestors were Bama?  

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

This job will make Sark fall off the wagon...

Agree.  I think it has become clear that Head coach of Texas is too much for any one person.  Everyone shits the bed once the pressure is on.  At this point we I am ok with hiring a charismatic recruiter, a media personality for press duties, star talent developers, and let Dell/Apple develop  an AI play caller.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

We just wrapped a massively disappointing season while aggy overachieved relative to most expectations. Given that, plus our coaching shit show, I guess it shouldn't be shocking the aggy trolls are coming out of the woodwork.

How to spot an aggy troll starter pack:
1) new account (anywhere from October on)
2) claims to have been around a long time, but just now signed up (they think this makes it less obvious it's a new troll account)

Any of 1 or 2 combined with:
3) claims to have inside sources with details about our coaching search, but obviously can't go until detail about who those people are or why we should trust them
4) any shots about the big 12, the superiority of the sec, or aggy pulling a nc coach
5) any shots about how we can't win because of how spoiled/arrogant our program is, how soft our players are, and/or how that all ties back to being in the liberal cesspool of Austin
6) any reference to the fact that we've historically been a mediocre program with only brief periods of success
7) use of "Texas A&M" or "Aggies"

There are probably more, but most can be identified by the list above.

If you see new a poster meeting the criteria above, do yourself a favor and just ignore. Don't engage, call them out, question the validity of what they're sharing...just ignore. Nothing is more boring to a troll than being ignored.

Is this like an “you are an alcoholic if you answer ‘yes’ to at least two of the the following” quiz, because if so, I’m aggy. 

14 hours ago, pops said:

Csb/

Played golf today with a guy that worked at the university of Idaho when Fitzgerald was there and his wife was this guys secretary. He still keeps in touch with them and thinks there is no way they leave unless he is fired. They are Chicago lifers. 

/csb

That doesn't make any sense. I was told indignantly that Northwestern isn't in Chicago. He and his wife must be confused.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Yes there are items in his post that make no sense. My initial reaction to Sark several weeks ago was negative based upon the horrific stories of his drinking. And with rumors of Herman’s drinking as well, it would seem to be a terrible choice - unless he’s truly stopped drinking and Texas feels confident he’s stopped for good. The problem with an alcoholic is that you never know. It would be a risky choice that could work out great or terribly.

The problem I have is that besides Meyer no one else excites me. I’m sure there’s someone whose really really good, but we don’t have enough visibility into the real capabilities of candidates.

I remember reading about how Riley had an incredible memory that allowed him to easily recall almost any piece of information. That is one of the reasons he’s such an innovative offensive coach. Saban personally wrote the process documentation for every single aspect of the team’s functions, by position. That is an incredible depth of knowledge.

Texas needs to be able to sift through the coaching ranks to truly understand who is special and who is just a figurehead. That espn article implies Sark might be special, but hopefully no longer comes with the drinking baggage.

Drinking or not, this doesn’t exactly scream special head coach to me:

image.thumb.jpeg.d3c2e3e8cccd49af9cb647b1f0aa2179.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Agree.  I think it has become clear that Head coach of Texas is too much for any one person.  Everyone shits the bed once the pressure is on.  At this point we I am ok with hiring a charismatic recruiter, a media personality for press duties, star talent developers, and let Dell/Apple develop  an AI play caller.

IBM for AI with SolarWinds in charge of security, IMO

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Actually, Larry David might be a great candidate for coach.  He deals with adversity in his shows more than anyone else.  Make him an offer.

He can co-HC with Tom Cruise. The way he ripped his Mission impossible production crew a new asshole for violating covid protocols had shades of Saban. Hell, they're even the same size. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/tom-cruise-rant-covid-rules-was-right-message-delivered-worst-ncna1251617

The Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise made headlines this week for allegedly berating “Mission: Impossible 7” crew members for breaking Covid-19 protocols. The audio, leaked to The Sun,a British newspaper, captured a man identified as Cruise shouting at members of the crew, “If I see you do it again, you’re f---ing gone. And if anyone in this crew does it, that’s it.” It’s unclear what Covid-19 rules the crew members broke.

The filming of “Mission: Impossible 7” was halted due to Covid-19 in February, but it has since resumed shooting in Europe following appeals from Cruise. In his outburst, he also yelled about his role in getting the film industry running again. “I’m on the phone with every f---ing studio at night, insurance companies, producers!”

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

I do think Sark would be a good coach but he needs to show he can handle the responsibilities of a school like Colorado (that he turned down) instead of getting thrown straight into the fire at Texas or even Auburn. His alcoholism is a real issue and always will be, even if he’s sober for the next decade it will always be in the background. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That doesn't make any sense. I was told indignantly that Northwestern isn't in Chicago. He and his wife must be confused.

Your post everyone jumped on was for saying Northwestern has a practice field on the lake in DT Chicago. Evanston is to Chicago what Cedar Park is to Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark was drunk at booster functions, team meetings and at least one game.  There are some things that are unforgivable for coaches.  Are you willing to bet millions of dollars on him being able to keep on the straight and narrow when Saban isn't looking over his shoulder?  The babysitting the University already does for Herman is ridiculous, if a coach requires something like that, they had better win like Augie Garrido.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

for saying Northwestern has a practice field on the lake in DT Chicago.

Technically not what I said but I was just taking the piss because it proves the original point I was trying to make. Not trying to revisit this.